Can anyone recommend a fanny pack for my Ruger P345?

Bagmaster. Probably a large one for the Ruger .45. All gay and metrosexual jokes aside this type of concealed fanny pack rocks. Keep it in the front right where you need it. Comfortable enough to forget about it. Swing it to the rear for a hard charge in the woods or up 10 flights of stairs. Take it off in the blink of an eye. What's not to love?

The one mod I made was to shape a piece of foam to hold the pistol from shifting around and working itself out the velcro closed side. Really only a problem with big guns. Mine was a hi-cap .45...

With this particular design you absolutely cannot tell there is a gun inside. And you end up with a perfectly usable bag to store stuff one normally never has handy like band-aids and medicine.

I used to carry in a Coronado fanny pack on certain occasions many years ago. Now I just use it as a demo for training purposes, but it is an excellent quality bag and will do the trick if that is how you want to carry. From looking at a Bagmaster bag, I think the workmanship of the Coronado is much, much better.

You are absolutely right about the quality. I actually bought my 1st Bagmaster pack 15 years ago along with a range bag back when Assault Systems was the only other game in town for ballistic nylon range gear. I bought a small one recently and the quality is much less but still serviceable. Prices are significantly higher too...

The thing I found with the different bags is they all came up short in the draw method and the actual pistol compartment. Bagmaster does not. I believe it's even patented and that's why no quality knock off versions exist.

I'll explain the design:

The shape of the gun pouch is a trapezoid padded sandwich that is closed on both sides by velcro with a metal snap clasp holding the part attached to the belt firmly until you rip it open. So in effect the space for the gun is actually larger than the pouch itself. This is why I mention the foam to keep the pistol firmly in place. Because it has space to float around. The padded gun compartment is not a part of the pouch and much of the bulge ends up hidden on the backside. You can't even tell it's there. And you still have 2 undisturbed pouch compartments to fill.

Now the draw can be for either side and is opened by grabbing the large leather tab with the hidden snap and ripping it wide open for an easy grab. Even faster and I feel preferred is grabbing the tab with the weak hand and pulling the pistol out with the strong. It's as natural as lifting a shirt out of the way.

The small fits a Glock 27 easily without a magazine extension and barely with. And it's a really small bag. No need for the foam here. I'd do a medium if I did it again. The large snugly fits a full size double stack .45 but really needs the foam to keep it sitting correctly. I would have the barrel work it's way thru the velcro over time so I solved that with a shaped foam insert. I carried this way for years. Hiking, snowmobiling, even driving. It's great because rather than having to get used to discomfort and jams to the gut you can just swing it to the side of your hip.

I truly despise anything of weight on my belt and cannot figure out for the life of me how people do it. So I do consider myself a little bit of an expert when it comes to alternative forms of carry. I hope cheerleading session is of some help to someone...

I've used my black leather non gay fanny pack to carry my full size 1911 while working in Chelsea on a 99 degree day. I also carry my PPK in it. The facts are, if your clothes don't allow a holster with out "printing" then get a fanny pack and don't listen to the opinions of homophobic chumps.

gotta love them Fast Action Gun bags ;-) Actually I wish I could once again wear one without being laughed at ;-)

I wear a fanny pack but not for a gun, just because I already have a woman and aint in the market for any more females so I say screw it this fanny pack is damn convenient.

AFAIK the fanny pack has not impeded or interrupted any coitus.

i have never found a need for a fanny pack. it just means you are carrying to many items.

I used to carry in a Coronado fanny pack on certain occasions many years ago. Now I just use it as a demo for training purposes, but it is an excellent quality bag and will do the trick if that is how you want to carry. From looking at a Bagmaster bag, I think the workmanship of the Coronado is much, much better.

I admit I had a Coronado fanny pack for my very first carry gun (J-frame) like 21 years ago. I lived in Florida at the time and it was just an easy way to carry a gun in hot and humid FL. I guess I can also use the excuse that fanny packs were a bit more popular in the early 90s, too.

from Wikipedia:
Fanny packs reached the peak of their popularity in the late 1980s and early-to-mid 90s
[laugh]

Last edited:
I admit I had a Coronado fanny pack for my very first carry gun (J-frame) like 21 years ago. I lived in Florida at the time and it was just an easy way to carry a gun in hot and humid FL. I guess I can also use the excuse that fanny packs were a bit more popular in the early 90s, too.[laugh]

I bought mine in the late 70 or early 80s. Back then many visitors to Boston wore them so they quite common.

10329178_10100958954479575_8641218165984082751_n.jpg

I prefer to call mine a 'waist pack'........... I use it when I go running so I can store my various things (phone, key, ID)..... including my Sig P238. My shirts are long enough to go over the pack, so basically no one can tell I'm even wearing it. Even I can't really feel it while I run. It's a runner's pack so it's pretty thin and compact, not bulky at all.

http://www.amazon.com/Nathan-Gel-Waist-Pack-Black/dp/B000PH5QC0

Just checked the dimensions of your Ruger. It appears to be a couple inches bigger in almost every direction than my 238 so it won't fit in the pack I mentioned above... sorry

In the late 70s/early 80s the gay movement hadn't started, they were still in the closet except in a few places like P-town and San Francisco. Europeans very frequently wore fanny packs and thus they got no real attention.

1: How come they are called "fanny" packs, but seldom get worn there?
2: Who cares?
3: Think this guy is carrying?

enhanced-24949-1402973731-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom