Can anyone identify this rifle?

je25ff

NES Member
I'm watching CNBC like the nerd I am, and this guy is interviewed. He has a rifle on the wall in his office and said this morning, 'it's a civil war rifle that ended up in Afghanistan and was given as a gift to him as an American SEC representative there.'

I can't figure out what the hell it is...a bolt action, civil war rifle?

QHv0JOQ.jpg

I'm watching CNBC like the nerd I am, and this guy is interviewed. He has a rifle on the wall in his office and said this morning, 'it's a civil war rifle that ended up in Afghanistan and was given as a gift to him as an American SEC representative there.'

I can't figure out what the hell it is...a bolt action, civil war rifle?

QHv0JOQ.jpg
Excuse my ignorance. American SEC? as in securities and exchange commission, or is there a military group “SEC?”

Looks like it may be a 577 snider enfield conversion. You can just see what looks like the hinge assembly.

Attachments

• 476EF3A8-421E-4778-BDD0-5B9141F9C786.jpeg
    476EF3A8-421E-4778-BDD0-5B9141F9C786.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 14
More likely a Snider than a Springfield. Back then the British were there, but we weren't. Afghanistan probably never had much to do with American small arms until 2003 or so, other than what filtered down there from the lend-lease stuff we sent to the Chinese and Soviets.

There are a wealth of British milsurps in every corner of Asia.

Back
Top Bottom