• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Can anyone identify this gun?

shotgunwilly870

NES Member
62d8e33c-896a-b090.jpg
This was found in the rubble of a demo job no other parts, any idea what it could be there's an s and an x stamped inside the handle but no other markings besides the serial #

I concur, Ruger Security Six.
Ruger cylinder latch, top strap for adjustable sights and square butt.
The Service Six had fixed sights, as does the Speed Six, but the Speed Six also has a round butt.
Interesting that the cylinder is still there, but the crane is missing.

headscratch.gif

I assume you do not have the frame in your possession? The roll mark should say Security Six on the other side (that is definitely what it is- not a Speed or Service because it has a slot for the adjustable rear sight as previously mentioned). If you do have it in your possession, is that roll mark removed? Is there a serial number on the bottom of the grip? If not, it probably is a murder weapon....

Any markings on the left side of the frame just forward of the cylinder? If there is a PN and a coat of arms stamped it's a cheap .38 special made in Spain. I have one just like it only it's complete.

Serial number is still there,but nothing else it is sad,would this be worth putting together I'm thinking not,unless someone needed a frame I guess,this is part of a small collection that I wrote about the police station handing over with no questions or paperwork the people had turned in their grandfathers guns to the police and we just asked for them back during the demo of the old house this turned up there was Probly the rest of the parts but it was impossible to find them .

Serial number is still there,but nothing else it is sad,would this be worth putting together I'm thinking not,unless someone needed a frame I guess,this is part of a small collection that I wrote about the police station handing over with no questions or paperwork the people had turned in their grandfathers guns to the police and we just asked for them back during the demo of the old house this turned up there was Probly the rest of the parts but it was impossible to find them .

Probably not worth the effort. I think I gave $50 for the one I have. It's more a curio than anything else.

Back
Top Bottom