Can anyone confirm this?

Well with all this speculation I hope one of you guys can make that road trip and gets some confirmation of ya or nay.

Since he said in the Middleboro *area*, here are the towns/villages in the immediate area. So if anyone is going to take a road trip, you have some driving to do.
  • The Middleboro
  • Warrentown
  • Bridgewater
  • Lakeville
  • Lakeside
  • Wenham
  • Wareham
  • Thomastown
  • Nemasket
  • Tauton
  • Weir Village

ugh, all these fuzzy lines in Chapter 140 are giving me a migraine. I would think that you would only need to produce your license is you were carrying/in possession of a firearm or buying one that second, which you would need to show your license for anyway.

I would think that you would only need to produce your license is you were carrying/in possession of a firearm or buying one that second, which you would need to show your license for anyway.

Well, yes, that would be the sensible thing. But it's hard to take anything for granted with MA law.

Would be nice to film this (no conversation audio of course, due to wonderful MA laws) and deliver a nice rectum punch to the PD WRT harassment and possible 4th amendment violations.

-Mike

Would be nice to film this (no conversation audio of course, due to wonderful MA laws) and deliver a nice rectum punch to the PD WRT harassment and possible 4th amendment violations.

-Mike

oh hell no, I would tell them they were being audio monitored. Isnt all you have to do for it to have legal ground and to be safe in legal sense is to notify someone they are being audio recorded? Or do they have to actually consent to it?

IMHO, if they keep speaking, they consent to it. If they walk away, they dont.

I took a ride to the area the OP was talking about (not the one I was speculating it was) and was unable to find any stores as described nor did I notice any police presence. I don't think that's enough to call this 'busted' though as I may just be a directionally challenged idiot.

CLARIFICATION

I have specific details on the activity in question, and it appears NOT to be firearm related.

The interrogation seems to be going on at the Belmont Street plaza; particularly, the patrons of a pet store there. It seems the cops are demanding to see the drivers licenses of everyone going in there.

Must be part of the War On Terrapins. [wink]

I have specific details on the activity in question, and it appears NOT to be firearm related.

The interrogation seems to be going on at the Belmont Street plaza; particularly, the patrons of a pet store there. It seems the cops are demanding to see the drivers licenses of everyone going in there.

So we need a DL to buy a pet in this state? [laugh] What's next... an owners test?

-Mike

Somebody must've figured out a way to make meth out of Iams dog food...[wink]

[rofl] I saw that store - no cop though. They must have been selling those hallucinogenic toads or something.

If it was random, they can only do that to drivers who drive up in front of them and not passengers, correct? But since it is targeted, this would seem to me to be a pretty blatant abridgment of the 4th, correct?
Just wait until that new spay and neutering thing passes. Instead of drivers licenses they will be stopping people to check their dog's balls. "Excuse me sir, we are stopping everyone today in order to ensure they health and safety of area pets and their owners. May I inspect Fido's testes?"

As we speak, I am gearing up to drive to that Middleboro gun shop. Armed with my *insert firearm choice here*, and will report when I get back.

But I highly doubt this was anything other than knee-jerk jerkyness on the part of the media. [puke]

P.S. (Pffht, nevermind, apparently the shop is closed on Wednesdays. WTF?)

I will try again tomorrow and report.

Last edited:
I can't figure out the codes here. I live 3 miles from Rt 106 at Easton 5 corners. Can someone just out and say what shop we're talking about... I'll head right over.

The only pet food/Bait shop on 106 in easton that I know of is right there at 5 corners. There's a dollar store there too and a Darate Dojo. Am I at the right place?

I want to play.....

That's certainly the MA law. The obvious question though is if this blanket requesting of a license behavior is against the fourth amendment.

I think Commonwealth v. Couture would indicate that it is.

IMHO, that is.

Back
Top Bottom