Can anybody ID this fish?

jek

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Freshwater drum?

ETA: couldn't really see the fin in the shadows, but on closer look, it does look like an amberjack.

BobR51

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I let it go as I or my boat mates couldn't ID it. Thought it might be a false Albi.

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Can’t say I’ve seen or caught one of those before. I agree with others that said it’s some sort of amberjack based on google photos 😂
What? I thought that stuff was in your blood! Some spawn of fishermen you are... [laugh]

At first I was thinking not amberjack. I used to spear fish off the Redneck Riviera coast (Alabama / Florida Panhandle) and would ignore schools of large jacks that would cruise the wrecks. IMHO they taste nasty. They always had the darker brown backs like this:

After looking online, I can see that there are more pale colored variants with the stripe coming back from the eye, so I'm going to agree that it's an amberjack. But don't take my word for it...

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I can ID him. His name is Steve. He lives up on the Upper East Side. I'll give his info to Briscoe.

I love that video. I truly do. That guy is obnoxious. He's almost as bad as the new Sam Adams dork. (THAT guy is annoying. I keep waiting for someone to beat him to a pulp in the commercials. No one ever does. ????). I had a buddy that talked JUST LIKE that guy.

I'll say this: It seems that many mASS-area-ish people have realized how freaking awsum. . . er AWFUL the mASS accent is and it's toned WAAAY down the last couple of years. My eahz bleed wickit-less now b'cuszv'it.

Top Bottom