Can an employer tell you that you can’t bring a firearm to work?

Curious how it works if youre a gov employee. Like if you work for the town or the DOT or whatever. 2A should apply

Last edited:
I guess you can leave it securely locked in a secured lock box in your car but I’d worry about summer temps and ammo....?

I know a guy, kind of a moron, who drove an oil truck in the winter.
The terminal has a strict no gunz policy and they have a briefing with new drivers and ask if there are any questions so he brings it up. 2A and infringement and all.
A very nice representative pulled him into a room, told him she agrees with him takes all his info and employer info and tells him she will get back to him.
The next day, he shows up at work, finds out he is fired and banned from the facility for life. so he can never get a job driving an oil truck again.

The point is, if he had just kept his mouth shut....

As far as MA law is concerned, you can bring your gun to work. That means that if your employer finds out that you're carrying against their policy, you will not be arrested for it (unless you work on federal property - then you will absolutely get arrested). However, MA is an employment-at-will state so your employer can let you go for carrying a gun even if their policy doesn't prohibit it.

I know a guy, kind of a moron, who drove an oil truck in the winter.
The terminal has a strict no gunz policy and they have a briefing with new drivers and ask if there are any questions so he brings it up. 2A and infringement and all.
A very nice representative pulled him into a room, told him she agrees with him takes all his info and employer info and tells him she will get back to him.
The next day, he shows up at work, finds out he is fired and banned from the facility for life. so he can never get a job driving an oil truck again.

The point is, if he had just kept his mouth shut....
A great reminder that HR is not your friend, no matter how much they try to show that they are. Their boss/client is the company, not you.

As far as MA law is concerned, you can bring your gun to work. That means that if your employer finds out that you're carrying against their policy, you will not be arrested for it (unless you work on federal property - then you will absolutely get arrested). However, MA is an employment-at-will state so your employer can let you go for carrying a gun even if their policy doesn't prohibit it.

Or they could work for me where carry is encouraged and they might even get a carry gun as a Christmas bonus... lol.

Or they could work for me where carry is encouraged and they might even get a carry gun as a Christmas bonus... lol.
Sounds good, what kind of industry if you don't mind me asking? That beats the nothing burger I got for a Christmas bonus last year.

Back
Top Bottom