• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Can a MA FFL transfer gun mfg. on or before October 21, 1998 even though not on approved list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjmass

NES Member
Atty. Gen May 2000 Enforcement Notice #2 states that guns mg. on or before Oct. 21, 1998 can be transferred by FFL if they have a lock and the dealer provides the appropriate written and verbal warnings and disclosures upon transfer. The other requirements of the regulations do not apply...meaning the gun does not have to be on the approved list. However, when I asked my local FFL, Shooting Supply, in Westport to transfer a handgun mfg. in 1974 to my buyer, they refused and said they cannot transfer unless the gun is on the approved list. In view of what the Atty. Gen Enf. Notice states, this makes no sense to me. I thus ask the NES brain trusts if I am missing soething and whether it is true that an FFL cannot transfer such a gun uness on the list? If this is not true, are youa ware of any FFls who would do such a transfer? Thanks!

Do NOT post the same thing in multiple forums.

Do post in the correct forum. General discussion is not the right place. WTS handguns is not the right place. I’ve moved your other thread to Massachusetts Laws, which is the correct place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom