Can a MA FFL RECIEVE A NON COMPLIANT GUN from Out of State

93a = 3 x damages. Gun is worth $300 so they have $900 on the line? They have a certain numbers of days to make good.

OK, I just filed a C. 93A consumer complaint with the MA AG. Which by the way is very easy to do. I was surprised - on their website you fill out a pretty simple and straight forward 1 page form and submit it electronically. Took me less that 5 minutes. We'll see what happens next. Hopefully they'll do the right thing.
I appreciate every ones support & input.

David

David, Tell the Manufacturer you want a full refund due to your gun.
You may in Fact, MAKE money over it. Just my .02 worth, YMMV...
BTW, There ARE Mass Compliant Taurus G3C models out there....Just in case you want another Taurus.. They come with 3 10 Round Mags...... About 250.00 as I can recall.

Last edited:
Actually, last week I sent the gun back to Taurus (4th time) and told the manager I've been speaking with that I contacted the AG and filed a consumer complaint. I said you idiots can't fix this gun and I want a replacement. They could care less. So far I haven't heard anything. I'll keep you posted.

David

I heard back from the AG's office. My complaint was forwarded to Taurus. Waiting for a response. I'm going to call the AG rep assigned to my case today for a follow up on the email I got from them.

By the way, I'm not looking for damages OR my money back (which will never happen anyway). I just want a replacement sent to me.

Thanks Len-2A - You gave me good advise. We'll see what happens. I'll keep you posted.

David

Not so fast Len-2A - Below is a copy of the email I got today from the AG's (sort of) office in response to my complaint. Not very encouraging. Few get it - Most don't. Oh well. I responded back asking him to call me.

Dear Mr. XXXX, I will be your volunteer advocate attempting to resolve your situation with Taurus. At first glance it appears the TX22 is still and has always been available for sale based on what I found on the web. I also found nothing dealing with any “DOJ Approved firearms list” so it’s important that I see exactly what Taurus sent you in this regard so I can do further research. It could well be that you misinterpreted what they said and either the gun is not legal in MA or something similar. Therefore, please scan and attach copies of any correspondence or emails you got from Taurus so I can get to the bottom of this problem. Assuming it is on some list and you cannot get a replacement think about getting your money back or a similar approved weapon in return as we may end up there.

IMHO you're going to end up there, you need to just ask for your money back, or get them to send you a G3c via a mass dealer or something.

After you poisoned the well (by telling them you're from MA, never do that, but you know this, now) the next step would have been to get made
whole as easily as possible. Unless your pitch is "I know an MA dealer cant sell me this, but I want my MA dealer to have the gun so he can sell it somewhere
else, and I can get my investment back. Or at least part of it. Or you can just give me a refund. "

One thing I've been wondering. Have they admitted that they can't get the gun to work properly? Or does it allegedly work ok when they have it?

drgrant - it may come to that if the AG thing doesn't work. And after getting their email I'm thinking they're a bunch of idiots too.

Realtor MA - Last week they got the gun back for repair the 4th time (3 at their expense). Each time they send it back to me w/ paperwork saying "its been repaired" and a list of what they replaced, and how many rounds they put through it. When I go to the range and fire it (using their suggested ammo plus others) it doesn't function. Sometimes on the first round fired, sometimes after the 3rd or 4th.I should also say that I film (and still photos) of the firing. I have offered to send them that info but they don't take me up on it. I should also point out that they don't question me about these issues (accusing me of lying etc). They just say send it back and we'll repair it, basically. They don't admit anything. Even after I tell them that they can't and haven't been able to fix it.

At least I don't get bored, dealing with all this.

David

Don't know where the quote about DOJ comes from. MA does not have a DOJ (CA does). The issue you need to hammer home with the AG's office is that regardless of how the gun got to MA, no handguns are "illegal" and the product is defective. Given that it is a Taurus, who has a bad rep for reliability, if it were me I would opt for my money back.

drgrant - it may come to that if the AG thing doesn't work. And after getting their email I'm thinking they're a bunch of idiots too.

Honestly I would just push to get your money back, either MSRP or similar and cut my losses. If you spent more than an hour dealing with this, you're already losing more
money, IMHO. Then take that money and buy something you would like.

Honestly I would just push to get your money back, either MSRP or similar and cut my losses. If you spent more than an hour dealing with this, you're already losing more
money, IMHO. Then take that money and buy something you would like.

This. And buy the new TX22 competition! [laugh]

I like the new one.......gotta resolve the issue with mine first and I'd have to think long and hard if I want to give those idiots any more of my money !!

Not so fast Len-2A - Below is a copy of the email I got today from the AG's (sort of) office in response to my complaint. Not very encouraging. Few get it - Most don't. Oh well. I responded back asking him to call me.

Dear Mr. XXXX, I will be your volunteer advocate attempting to resolve your situation with Taurus. At first glance it appears the TX22 is still and has always been available for sale based on what I found on the web. I also found nothing dealing with any “DOJ Approved firearms list” so it’s important that I see exactly what Taurus sent you in this regard so I can do further research. It could well be that you misinterpreted what they said and either the gun is not legal in MA or something similar. Therefore, please scan and attach copies of any correspondence or emails you got from Taurus so I can get to the bottom of this problem. Assuming it is on some list and you cannot get a replacement think about getting your money back or a similar approved weapon in return as we may end up there.
.......weapon

Back
Top Bottom