• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Can a denied reapp for FID/LTC *long* after denial?

namedpipes

NES Member
A friend applied for an LTC many years ago and was denied because of a high school incident that his parents chose not to defend him on. He was a minor and had some sort of larceny charge. He didn't remember the disposition of the case but he certainly never did "time" for it of any kind.

Now, 10 or 15 years later, he'd like to pursue the license but thinks he'll be denied again.

Is there any reason he can't apply now, and how much bearing would a 25 y/o incident as a minor have on it?

Should he bother?

PS: No it isn't me! My youthful indescretions were variously not discovered or not prosecuted [smile]

You will no doubt see a series of suggestions that he talk to a gun lawyer such as Langer, Arbabi, Cohen or Macnutt. The answer is "it depends", and good legal advise is the only way to go if he wants to maximize his chances.

Last edited:
Before getting the lawyer, he should find out the disposition of the case as the lawyer will ask him to do it anyway. He may be statutorily DQd and nothing a lawyer could even reasonably work with. Have him get that info first.

Before getting the lawyer, he should find out the disposition of the case as the lawyer will ask him to do it anyway. He may be statutorily DQd and nothing a lawyer could even reasonably work with. Have him get that info first.

Very good advice. If the dispo is no bar, give me a call at my office.

Darius Arbabi
(508) 879-5879 office
(508) 395-6500 cellular

Back
Top Bottom