Camping on the Mexican Border

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Full kit means you have an ammo box full of Hostess snacks with a tactical load: twinkie, devil dog, twinkie, devil dog.

Also, IMO, you would be nuts to do this without a bunch of friends and a TON of firepower.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The OP guy said go ahead and share. And didn't post any more pics yet , but they're coming I think.

Derek , the site this comes from is "membership required" to read anything. I'll PM you the address , perhaps you could sign up , pm or phone the former Marine who did this and put your opinion on the man & the story. He's friendly enough

I'll trade you. You join the free sight I listed , and I'll go green. I'm a moderator there, but not fishing for members so all you riffraff stay away.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
There are two type of intruders. The coyotes that deal in people. Usually 20 to 40 people. The coyotes are rarely armed with more than a handgun or a hunting rifle. What's sad is that the people he is leading are paying him 2-5K with no guarantee. They're easy to send back. A few tracer rounds and an incendiary round usually sends everyone running. The clients are sheep and scared. Then there are the cartel people. They are not to be messed with. They are heavily armed and would rather kill you than look at you. They just want to move the drugs that they have. They don't want to stay here. They don't want to get a free ride on our "entitlement" system. They want to deliver and get out. What group is more dangerous to us?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nuthin'. Back in the summer of '79, I walked down Main Street, Brockton from the Tip Top Cafe (near Avon) all the way to the West Bridgewater line. After 1 am.

No pics, so don't ask.

Maxpower

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know, drones would be much more cost effective and generally effective in locating people out there than a few guys in trucks. The drones could even fire light arms with good accuracy. Build the fence. I propose that the first 5 miles inside the fence be declared no-man's land and anything moving in that regions be neutralized by drone fire. Why hasn't anyone set that up. You would think Israel would already have a system in place like that.
I thought they did build the fence, even had no mans land (which happened to be a golf course). The fence is complete with missing sections and even had to be taken down, and relocated a few yards because it was accidentally built on Mexican soil.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Seems to me the border is ripe for guerrilla sniper tactics as taught and advocated by Gabe Suarez, Anthony, and Sua Sponte.
Yes it is, wanna come down and help out? It's a rich environment. High Desert. No population to speak of. Lots of hidey holes. I'll show you the terrain. Lots of flat land with good rock formations. There are areas where you will have the high ground and lots of flat land with no chance of cover for the target. I know the area like the back of my hand. We could be a two man wrecking crew. I'm probably not as good of a shot as you but I'm working on it.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
There was a great national geographic special on BP, which really gives you an idea of how complex the problem of patrol has become. Most think of the border as a cement wall between Tijuana and San Diego, over which Mexicans are throwing themselves, their kids, and bags of weed into the U.S. In reality, the "fenced" portion of the border is a patchwork of physical and electronic fences, patrolled by an underfunded and understaffed group of heros. Look here for more on the "fence" http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military/news/us-southern-border-fence-tech-map. A huge portion of the border is remote, rocky, arid, and mountainous span that requires air lifts/drops of border patrols to defend. To boot, illegals may not fly on BP helicopters, so when captured, they must be cared for and led into civilization on foot for vehicle pickup.

Rating - 45.5%
1   6   4
Sounds like a great place for Sniper school!!
I agree, sounds like ideal training ground for overseas operations as well, great simulation without all the risk (I mean, put our counter sniper teams up against a mexican sniper....I don't see this even being a competition. The mexicans have some real professionals, but something tells me they are a bit tied up in fighting other cartels and don't really plan or want to engage recon and ranger teams, although I'm sure it would be terrific target practice hahaha. I think it would be great anti-personel training for chopper and A-10 pilots.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say use National Guard and Reserves to watch the border. Everyone's secondary MOS is 11B, so send them to the border for 2 weeks. We are paying them anyway.

J

Jose

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is, wanna come down and help out? It's a rich environment. High Desert. No population to speak of. Lots of hidey holes. I'll show you the terrain. Lots of flat land with good rock formations. There are areas where you will have the high ground and lots of flat land with no chance of cover for the target. I know the area like the back of my hand. We could be a two man wrecking crew. I'm probably not as good of a shot as you but I'm working on it.
PM sent

blindfire

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just make the 2 miles north of the border from San Diego to Brownsville, TX the largest skinniest military artillery training base in the world. Hold random shellings for "training purposes" all year long.

We'll be nice and post signs up and down the line IN SPANISH so there are no excuses.

Or you can build bulletproof air conditioned towers every mile to keep line of site going along the border. Take all of the people on welfare and make'em work a 8 hour shift. Give'em a walkie talkie and surveillance gear. They see something...they call it and and a few minutes later...BOOOOOM...air strike.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So know moore info on this?
Sorry. I know most of you/us think it's fiction , even if we agree the border is a mess.

The OP comes from another site I hang out on , small enough that people are friends but spread across the interweb from Alaska to Thailand. The guy is working with a newspaper editor in West Virginia to put it together coherently - yes , with pictures. And going back soon for round two.

So , when pics come , I promise to post them. Hopefully a link to a newspaper article that will likely happen , even if its a backwoods WV local paper. Please be patient. ... and kind : I suck at being made fun of ....

Rating - 100%
18   0   1
Sorry. I know most of you/us think it's fiction , even if we agree the border is a mess.

The OP comes from another site I hang out on , small enough that people are friends but spread across the interweb from Alaska to Thailand. The guy is working with a newspaper editor in West Virginia to put it together coherently - yes , with pictures. And going back soon for round two.

So , when pics come , I promise to post them. Hopefully a link to a newspaper article that will likely happen , even if its a backwoods WV local paper. Please be patient. ... and kind : I suck at being made fun of ....
Sorry if you misunderstood me. Was not trying to make fun of you. I'm actually interested in hearing more about this.

Top Bottom