• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Campaigning and text messages- Your angry replies are useful data.

"These messages need to be sent by a human to not fall afoul of anti-spam laws which prohibit sending mass texts without an opt-in from recipients. Campaign volunteers and staffers use software to manually send out prewritten messages, which can be customized, to lists of phone numbers. "

"Campaign texters log numerous details from responses, no matter what the content. They can use them to verify names and working mobile numbers, score how voters feel about the candidate and register their first and second choices as well as the issues the voter cares most about... A training webinar for Sanders’ volunteers showed options to mark for reasons someone would not attend a rally, from whether they had moved to if they fit the category “Refused/Angry/Republican.’ "

I've been reading a lot about campaign text messages, a fair amount of disinformation from NES users (most likely unintentionally) and thought "hey, maybe we should have another thread to talk about exactly how we should be approaching talking to our political opponents". I'm not of the opinion telling your doctor anything but "no" is going to help keep you off the books, just like sending dickpicks to a warren staffer probably won't help either.

Though, nobody has answered my question, is responding to a campaign text message with a dick pick legal?

The big question for me is the legality different if it's not your pecker but any ordinary pecker found on Google?

"Campaign texters log numerous details from responses, no matter what the content. They can use them to verify names and working mobile numbers, score how voters feel about the candidate and register their first and second choices as well as the issues the voter cares most about... A training webinar for Sanders’ volunteers showed options to mark for reasons someone would not attend a rally, from whether they had moved to if they fit the category “Refused/Angry/Republican.’"

Do people really have to be told that unsolicited calls and texts from unknown and probably spoofed numbers want a response, any response, more than anything?

...sigh...

I've been f'ing with the Bernie supporters (live people) who text me almost daily. Was wondering how this was allowed, given that I'm on the "do not call" list (for what that's worth) and certainly never solicited the deluge of texts... they always seem to know my name too, and my phone is NOT in my name. Usually it goes something like this:

"Hey Frizzle, can I count on you to support Bernie? Do you have questions about his platform?"
OK is Bernie concerned about climate change?
"Of course! Bernie supports banning all exhalation of co2 or some shit. Any other questions?"
Yeah does Bernie support mandatory paid family leave for family emergencies?
"Of course! Bernie supports free (someone else's) money in almost all circumstances. Any other questions?"
Yes, would that be limited to 'traditional' families or modern families like mine as well?
"Bernie supports the LGBTQ community and modern family units and believes they should be afforded equal rights!"
OK so I'm fighting climate change by having 14 cats instead of children, like y'all told me to, is my boss forced to give me PTO when they're sick?
"Uh. I don't know about that one, here's the FAQ section of Bernies website."
Is that really a "frequently asked question" you loon? F off and stop texting me.

Kinda seems like they're just building the hit lists for who they want to send off to the gulags.....

It's almost like we've seen this happen in communist countries before....

Don't be rude or an a**h***, just waste as much of their time as possible, cost them as much wasted productivity as possible, eat into the campaign funding as much as possible, it all adds up quickly.

Bernie campaign sent me a text, I asked them if they are bringing a helicopter .... what helicopter? ... to give you fee rides!

Back
Top Bottom