• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Camp Perry???

I've promised myself that one year I would actually make it down there. Probably be worried though about shooting very bad next to some of those guys. Looks like a great time though.

If anyone ever gets the opportunity to go...take full advantage of it. It is definately a great experience.

I had the pleasure of spending some great times with some great shooters.

I've promised myself that one year I would actually make it down there. Probably be worried though about shooting very bad next to some of those guys. Looks like a great time though.

I've been there 4 times and it was great! It's one of those things that as a shooter you do at least once. Best I ever did on the President's 100 was 146. It was a sorta crappy day weather wise but I seemed to be on that day for some reason. You might as well go for the week also so you get the full chance to see what it feels like to be with a bunch of people and a place that doesn't get upset with you walking around with a rifle! Besides, CMP North store is there and you can fondle rifles to your hearts content while they're open!

Joe R.

Do we have anyone there this year?

I know that a few years back Derek went, and I think that last year, didn't Brent go and make Presidents 100??

Anyway, I didn't know if we had anyone there this year.

I didn't go this year. I went the last 2 years, 2006 and 2007. I have to much on my plate this year with the wedding and all.

I wonder if there is some wierd stuff going on there this year. Several of the people I normally shoot with got off the wall scores.

One thing is for sure, I am not missing it next year!

The guy I'm monitoring ( John Payton ) not having a great time there this year either. The Presidents match and the NTI scores are pretty high and I'm thinking that the conditions are good to excelllent there. John was not happy with his shooting this season so far and I guess he took that to Perry with him. His scores are good but not where he should be.

Joe R.

I noticed the same thing. Most of the guys I shoot with with an exception of 2, didn't do well.

I heard back from Duane that people who shot on relay 4,5,6 got mad windige action. Also some of them haven't shot at the Rodrigez range before. And those who have, myself included, know that the numbers do not match the targets 100%. Some of them crossfired.

Kevin Trickett barely made Presidents 100 and placed 18th in the NTI Awesome!

Another great feat is Amanda Elsenboss placed 5th and was top Junior and won the women's trophy.

Truely great accomplishments for them both.

I've never shot the " hold 3 targets over at 600yds " wind at Perry. I was there for the NTI that was stopped after 300yds due to the downpour/long rain the morning of the match. It started at the end of relay 4 on the 200yd line I think. You could see the storm line on the weather radar coming from Michigan at 5:00am when we got up. By 10:00am or so it was getting nasty and then the skies opened up! The range flags went straight out and pointing up the range and they called the match for a couple of hours. The rain didn't stop so they called it for the day. That was a long walk from the 200yrd line ( Viale range ) back to the truck. My spotting scope wasn't clear until the Vintage Match on Friday! The match was decided next day after everybody shot the 300yd stage.

Joe R.

Back
Top Bottom