Came down with another case of GAS or Gun Acquisition Syndrome

Several times a year I get to shoot a firearm that induces a case of GAS and the only remedy is to purchase said firearm. In this case, I shot Gunner30 (Rob P)'s Ruger Mk IV and I decided I need one. I didn't like the previous versions because of the difficulty in stripping and reassembly. The Mk IV is so simple, this un-mechanically guy is able to take it apart. It also shot quite nice.

My Brother Dwarven1 and his great shop Lonely Mountain Firearms supplied this new asset to my inventory and I hope to take delivery at the end of the week.

Thank you Rob and Ross!

According to the American Medical Association, the singular successful mitigation of GAS is GAT (Gun Acquisition Therapy). Clearly, you have sought out the best medical advice and are receiving proper attention. I, too, have been stricken by this malady, and I am currently under the care of Dr. Baiyeguen.

I've suppressed my GAS pretty well this past year. Been trying new hypnotherapy techniques and going for walks. However, I'm fully aware there's a chance of relapsing. Maybe trying joining a support group?

Unfortunately GAS is a chronic disease for which there is, as yet, no cure. It can be treated with periodic doses of GAT but, depending on the strength (and cost) of the GAT, the doses may have to be done with higher frequency as the disease progress (see Barrett M82A1 vs Ruger 10/22).

Back
Top Bottom