Cambridge Police To Drop Camouflage Uniforms, Reduce Long Gun Inventory

Do you support militarized police then?

No but this guy is a full on douche. As per his tweet, "Next, we have CPD's four Super 90 12 gauge shotgun. I'm calling this military equipment because of the combat grip and sling. This kind of shotgun isn't for killing birds. It's for killing people. We were issued similar weapons in Afghanistan" Ohh ffs

I'd be careful with the "they don't need it" argument. That is a mainstay of firearm prohibitionists, who are hip on deciding what you should be allowed to own based on their perceptions of what you need.
You don't need...
Nobody needs...
Why do you need...?

An example of a problem is police, who are civilians, using a BearCat in an operation against other civilians not engaged in violent activity. The problem is not that PDs can possess and drive BearCats.
Similarly, an example of a problem is a firearm owner committing murder, which already is illegal. The problem is not that people can possess and carry firearms.
On the other hand you CAN make the ‘they don’t need it’ argument because YOU are paying for it. I pay for my own guns so it’s no ones f***ing business what I have. Your tax dollars pay for the Bearcat so yes, they should have to justify to the taxpayers why they need one.

Just more bowing to the mob.
When is it, "bowing to the mob," and when is it, "following the will of the people (i.e. the people that pay the salaries of the cops)"?

Seriously...if the cops see the non-cops of the town in which they work, "the mob," then the cops' mindset is the problem, not that of "the mob."

CPD Chief likes his job more than he fears the consequences of ignoring the hacks.

ETA: Think he'll still be working there in a year?

Normally the way it works is that
when you suck up to them,
they find some other reason to cancel you.

No 1033 equipment literally means they have no military equipment. Man, that Loren Crowe is such a douche:

“Next, we have CPD's four Super 90 12 gauge shotgun. I'm calling this military equipment because of the combat grip and sling. This kind of shotgun isn't for killing birds. It's for killing people. We were issued similar weapons in Afghanistan”

Oh, and he sells underwear on Etsy:
Crowe ... designs and sells underwear ... on Etsy.”
View attachment 451395

View: https://youtu.be/CajJyuk3P_w

This thread has a lot of potential! On one hand, "hurr durr stupid Cambridge liberals want to get rid of police", but on the other hand "DTOM! Cops are over-militarized! Fight the govt!".

Does anyone know what the CPD is actually doing? There's a big difference between getting rid of some old rusty 870 pumps versus taking away every patrol rifle. And someone please explain to me why camo makes any sense in a densely urban environment - is it just so cops can hide in the bushes and catch Harvard students drinking on the quad?
You're assuming that it's jungle or desert camo. Could be urban camo which consists of garbage pattern to blend in. In SF it would be more of a human feces pattern.

I'm guessing getting training/certification = a pay bump even if the skills/cert never get used.
Probably a safe bet.

Again, I'll point out that there was a reason the Founders were against a "standing army," and it was because back then, full-time soldiers could serve a policing function that was harmful to individual liberties.

That problem still exists, only now, instead of soldiers acting like police, the police are acting like soldiers. And it's still corrosive.

Back
Top Bottom