Cambridge Police To Drop Camouflage Uniforms, Reduce Long Gun Inventory

No 1033 equipment literally means they have no military equipment. Man, that Loren Crowe is such a douche:

“Next, we have CPD's four Super 90 12 gauge shotgun. I'm calling this military equipment because of the combat grip and sling. This kind of shotgun isn't for killing birds. It's for killing people. We were issued similar weapons in Afghanistan”

Oh, and he sells underwear on Etsy:
Crowe ... designs and sells underwear ... on Etsy.”
View attachment 451395
That freak looks like he WOULD approve of the police wearing nothing but some sort of leather thongs. LOL

Maybe or not , did the Dr, know how addictive this stuff is
MDs are def aware of the risks and potential for dependency. I have been doing this for a long time and can say that some MDs over prescribe medications for payment and have the patient sell some of their own to supplement their own income (a win-win). Its vastly corrupt (good and bad in any profession). My point: in 2019, number of drug-involved overdose fatalities = >70,000. number of gun violent fatalities = >38,000. Where should our interest and energy be spent?

I have zero issue with cops not being allowed to carry any weapons that the public they serve can’t own.

As for the bearcat... they don’t need it.
I'd be careful with the "they don't need it" argument. That is a mainstay of firearm prohibitionists, who are hip on deciding what you should be allowed to own based on their perceptions of what you need.
You don't need...
Nobody needs...
Why do you need...?

An example of a problem is police, who are civilians, using a BearCat in an operation against other civilians not engaged in violent activity. The problem is not that PDs can possess and drive BearCats.
Similarly, an example of a problem is a firearm owner committing murder, which already is illegal. The problem is not that people can possess and carry firearms.

The police are going to learn the hard way. There is no pleasing these people. Today it’s long guns, tomorrow it’s all semi-autos.

To be fair, I'm betting the Cambridge PD and many (most) others would be perfectly fine with a 357 S&W revolver. And most trunk-guns could just be a simple Marlin 95 in 45/70. Tough enough to punch thru most things. Lever gun. The downside would be having to load it or leave it loaded.

A lot of what we've upgraded police to is in response to a very very very very select few interactions AND John McClain and Riggs and Murtaugh.

No 1033 equipment literally means they have no military equipment. Man, that Loren Crowe is such a douche:

“Next, we have CPD's four Super 90 12 gauge shotgun. I'm calling this military equipment because of the combat grip and sling. This kind of shotgun isn't for killing birds. It's for killing people. We were issued similar weapons in Afghanistan”

View attachment 451395

Wait. Hold up. When are the Cambridge police tasked with pheasant hunting?????

As far as the picture - I do feel bad for him. Must have been a helluva injury in Afghanistan if that's where his nipples are. "Sorry soldier. Your right chest is ruined. We did save the nipple. We moved it over your left nipple to keep it company."

And someone please explain to me why camo makes any sense in a densely urban environment - is it just so cops can hide in the bushes and catch Harvard students drinking on the quad?
I'm guess they were giving .mil surplus or someone is using department procurement to compete with Snacks on the Zoolander tactical gear thread.

I wonder how many of the long guns will find new homes with officers as personal firearms?

M&P TR8s would be fine for most police use.

Last edited:
I'd be careful with the "they don't need it" argument. That is a mainstay of firearm prohibitionists, who are hip on deciding what you should be allowed to own based on their perceptions of what you need.
You don't need...
Nobody needs...
Why do you need...?

An example of a problem is police, who are civilians, using a BearCat in an operation against other civilians not engaged in violent activity. The problem is not that PDs can possess and drive BearCats.
Similarly, an example of a problem is a firearm owner committing murder, which already is illegal. The problem is not that people can possess and carry firearms.

To clarify... I say they don’t need it because the police should not be militarized. They are public servants.

Not only that, but "reducing the number of long guns" would be from 200 to 198 just to please the antis.

Your interpretation is more generous than mine. I intend to do a lot of things but they don’t always get done.

Following community conversations regarding department inventory, the Cambridge Police will no longer wear camouflage uniforms & also intends to reduce the number of long guns and less-than-lethal weapons. #CambMAhttps://t.co/NV7cQ6vP

Bob

To clarify... I say they don’t need it because the police should not be militarized. They are public servants
To clarify... I say they don’t need it because the police should not be militarized. They are public servants.
Emotional arguments aside, the Cambridge police chief should look at what actually gets used, what have become essentially small-arms-locker "queens", age of the arms inventory and then proceed accordingly. For sniper rifles, I would go with 3 Steyr SSG 69s in 7.62 NATO caliber and 2 SSG 69s in .22-250. These 5 rifles should handle just about any long range engagement in Cambridge. 3 Remington 870 "less lethal" shotguns and 3 37mm launchers should be kept on hand to deal with special situations. As for shotguns, 15 to 20 Benelli Super 90 or Remington 870 will be solid choices. Modified chokes and 14" barrels will allow them to be used as entry guns on raids. 35 or so M4 carbines should be sufficient. 60 or so long guns total.

Last edited:
MDs are def aware of the risks and potential for dependency. I have been doing this for a long time and can say that some MDs over prescribe medications for payment and have the patient sell some of their own to supplement their own income (a win-win). Its vastly corrupt (good and bad in any profession). My point: in 2019, number of drug-involved overdose fatalities = >70,000. number of gun violent fatalities = >38,000. Where should our interest and energy be spent?
In making sure the diseased have a respectful , clean , safe environment to deal with their disease. I need a Sarcasm Meter emoji

I grew up and spent many years in Cambridge and it was nuts back then.
Maybe the PD could wear pink uniforms with little daisies embroided on them so the sheep won't be triggered.
Even blue can be threatening.

Emotional arguments aside, the Cambridge police chief should look at what actually gets used, what have become essentially small-arms-locker "queens", age of the arms inventory and then proceed accordingly. For sniper rifles, I would go with 3 Steyr SSG 69s in 7.62 NATO caliber and 2 SSG 69s in .22-250. These 5 rifles should handle just about any long range engagement in Cambridge. 3 Remington 870 "less lethal" shotguns and 3 37mm launchers should be kept on hand to deal with special situations. As for shotguns, 15 to 20 Benelli Super 90 or Remington 870 will be solid choices. Modified chokes and 14" barrels will allow them to be used as entry guns on raids. 35 or so M4 carbines should be sufficient. 60 or so long guns total.
You think the people of Cambridge want police raiding them?

Long range engagements?? Like stopping people from coming in from Allston and Somerville?????

You don't need...
Nobody needs...
Why do you need...?

That’d be fine so long as it’s not coming out of the tax payer’s pocket. If it is publicly funded with no option for the tax payer to opt out then yes, need enters in to it.

View attachment 451395
The stupidity of the left never ceases to amaze me.

You talking about that non-profit consortium? I don't know if you ever saw their website before they had to go with members only after the home page but it was a dog chasing it's tail in hypocrisy.

As a private corporation, NEMLEC claimed in 2014 that it was able to keep its internal organization and operations out of the public's view.[4] It would not respond to open records requests.

As a result of a lawsuit by the local branch of the American Civil Liberties Union, in 2015 it changed policy and released documents requested by the public.[5] Days later the Washington Post published an article based on the documents describing an "excessive" use of SWAT teams for routine police matters

Remember, Cambridge is moonbat central. I'm surprised some SJW on the City Council hasn't proposed disarming the Police because they traveled to London and the Bobbies don't carry guns and have cool accents.

The camo is just dumb.
Want to play soldier ? Join up.
I stopped at a station in a little north shore town to make a report of someone tossing something out the window of a passing bus and breaking my windshield.
I had a nice talk with the dispatcher and then she said she would have an officer come out front to take a report .
Out from the back comes GI Fidget looking like he just stepped off the chopper into a hot zone.
Bloused boots, molle vest , drop leg holster , the whole nine yards.
With a shitty attitude to go with it.
All I could think was , I hope you're tougher than you look little fella.

If someone wants to throw out a good reason for that ridiculous get up in some little one horse town other than just intimidation , I'm all ears.
In his case it just screamed "Tool" so it had the opposite effect at least on me.

Remember, Cambridge is moonbat central. I'm surprised some SJW on the City Council hasn't proposed disarming the Police because they traveled to London and the Bobbies don't carry guns and have cool accents.
The hard core druggie population in East Cambridge and Central Square would be raiding the rest of the city if CPD wasn't keeping a lid on them.

Parts of Cambridge are like East Boston or Chelsea. The only reason why they don't have a violent crime problem like those places is a very low tolerance for gang activity.

The Mayor and City Council in Cambridge is a mostly powerless body of idiots playing pretend. The real power is in the City Manager, whom is essentially hand picked by Harvard & MIT.

View attachment 451395
Fag

Good. Cops should dress like cops; military should dress like military.

Cops should not be going about with face masks, and "uniforms" that have no ID on them beyond "POLICE" across the back, and a picture of a generic badge on the front.

Faceless enforcers don't belong in America.

I don' get it. Did they wear camo for an every day uniform? Just the swat crew? Can't say I've ever seen them patrolling in full ninjagear other than after the marathon. But once again all the LECs in the state were the main players then.

Back
Top Bottom