Cambridge Police To Drop Camouflage Uniforms, Reduce Long Gun Inventory

im sure they had plenty of complaints and the people of cambridge dont like them looking like mercenaries.
the rifle pictured is SS stamped.

im also thinking 60 rifles that they ar tired of maintaining , love to know what they got from uncle sam for snipers?
Un related friends in NH say thier "free" rifles they got from the "gov" sit in the basement getting rusty.
The next push from cambridge and other communities will be the disbanding of SwAT and armored vehicles.

To quote what seems to be a sleeper cerebral movie (Looper), it's a circle.

1960's, riots, police attack, then there is backlash, possibly mixed in with anti-war sentiment. Police back off. Morale drops. For 20 years or more, cities turn into festering jungles.

Finally, Uncle Bill comes along. "Aahhh feeeeel yerrrr paynnn." What does he do? He helps increase police in the inner city and stamp out crime. A wave of this goes through the country. NYC becomes one of the safest places to live in the world.

SOME police go overboard and over-protect. Ferguson, MO is one. (Although that wasn't the police dept's fault, but I digress.) Backlash. Police must back off and stay away.

So within the next decade or so, the s-hole cities - Chicago, Detroit, StL, etc., will be clamoring for a solution . . . which will involve us re-arming our police departments.

All that said, I'm not sure camo uniforms are particularly helpful in freaking Cambridge. Outside of public parks, is there any green space IN Cambridge???? Who are they hiding from?? Professor Buck and Dean Grouse????

I don't see the problem if you never see this stuff in the street. It's not like they parade around with this gear. And I'm sure no one had an issue when the Tsarnaev brothers were on the lamb between Cambridge and Watertown. The only part that raises my eyebrow is why they would drop money on 14 (presumably) semi auto MP5's when they have 4 full auto ones. Why not just get all full auto? Seems like a waste of money not to.

How quickly people forget...Dzhokhar and Tamerian Tsarnaev lived in Cambridge and shot an MIT officer as part of their terror campaign... this is why all PDs need effective weapons
You would be surprised (maybe) as to how many people also think those two idiots also shot the MBTA cop that almost died. Most are shocked to find out he was shot by a “co-worker.”

Interesting how they came up with some of the "replacement cycle" numbers... 10 years for the "sniper" rifles, 3 years for the BMW motorcycles.

I get it that very few of those, or any other items with a listed replacement cycle are actually replaced in that time frame, just wondering
how they came up with that 10 year number for the rifles.

The police are going to learn the hard way. There is no pleasing these people. Today it’s long guns, tomorrow it’s all semi-autos.

Simply incredible...an "activist" makes this statement and CPD responds by simply handing these items over? I am a nurse working with opiate dependent individuals seeking treatment...some of whom have become dependent by our medical system prescribing Fentanyl for complaints of back discomfort. So perhaps these MDs should hand over their prescription pads!

It's very relevant. You just accused a veteran of breaking their oath simply because they don't want to see city cops driving around in military vehicles, wearing military gear, and using military tactics against civilians. What's your take on the Tsarnaev door-to-door hunt then?
Irrelevant.

How quickly people forget...Dzhokhar and Tamerian Tsarnaev lived in Cambridge and shot an MIT officer as part of their terror campaign... this is why all PDs need effective weapons
They shot Officer Collier from ambush while he was in his car responding to a disturbance report. The effectiveness of any weapon at hand for him would have been irrelevant.

"Following community conversations regarding department inventory, the Cambridge Police will no longer wear camouflage uniforms & also intends to reduce the number of long guns and less-than-lethal weapons."

So I'm guessing the next step is to adopt "healing" weapons? I guess the cops can start hugging perps in response to being shot at or lunged at with knives.

Not sure if serious...

The ambush and killing of the campus cop was very sad, but the greatest danger to the public at this point was the wanton shooting done by the cops as they closed in on little brother.

Sure, cops should have effective weapons but they should not have access to anything above and beyond what is available to the public. The camo uniforms were ridiculous IMHO.

Interesting how so many of us are focused on the gun and not the people, police or even training involved.

Looks like the antis have you all playing by their rules.

Simply incredible...an "activist" makes this statement and CPD responds by simply handing these items over? I am a nurse working with opiate dependent individuals seeking treatment...some of whom have become dependent by our medical system prescribing Fentanyl for complaints of back discomfort. So perhaps these MDs should hand over their prescription pads!
Maybe or not , did the Dr, know how addictive this stuff is

They are doing it for “the wrong reason” but the end result is local police should not spend money so they can get off on larping around. If you are okay with the militarization of local police in MA that you are paying for I don’t even know. When they come with a tank to your home don’t complain, if they LET you live

Interesting how so many of us are focused on the gun and not the people, police or even training involved.

Looks like the antis have you all playing by their rules.
There you go. Like the standard firearm prohibitionist campaign against firearm ownership by the ruled, the activist in question has fixated on hardware instead of what might actually be wrong with LEOs in the department and/or their training. The militarization of law enforcement starts with a mindset.
Amazon product ASIN B08R3HZ27MView: https://www.amazon.com/Rise-Warrior-Cop-Militarization-Americas-ebook/dp/B08R3HZ27M/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

"After former U.S. veteran and local activist Loren Crowe about the department’s military-level equipment"

Another oath breaking douche.
No 1033 equipment literally means they have no military equipment. Man, that Loren Crowe is such a douche:

“Next, we have CPD's four Super 90 12 gauge shotgun. I'm calling this military equipment because of the combat grip and sling. This kind of shotgun isn't for killing birds. It's for killing people. We were issued similar weapons in Afghanistan”

Oh, and he sells underwear on Etsy:
Crowe ... designs and sells underwear ... on Etsy.”
672E05C0-2FF0-4ABD-8459-12ADB26A2CC7.jpeg

I have zero issue with cops not being allowed to carry any weapons that the public they serve can’t own.

As for the bearcat... they don’t need it.
Fully agree. But the proposed changes don’t do anything of value for the police or the Cambridge socialites.

I also think that aside from unique use cases for surveillance or rural raids on drug manufacturers, police wearing camo is stupid. It shouldn’t be barred, but it’s stupid.

Fully agree. But the proposed changes don’t do anything of value for the police or the Cambridge socialites.

I also think that aside from unique use cases for surveillance or rural raids on drug manufacturers, police wearing camo is stupid. It shouldn’t be barred, but it’s stupid.
Lots of laws and bans do nothing. It’s all about feelings.

Back
Top Bottom