Cambridge Police To Drop Camouflage Uniforms, Reduce Long Gun Inventory

im sure they had plenty of complaints and the people of cambridge dont like them looking like mercenaries.
the rifle pictured is SS stamped.

im also thinking 60 rifles that they ar tired of maintaining , love to know what they got from uncle sam for snipers?
Un related friends in NH say thier "free" rifles they got from the "gov" sit in the basement getting rusty.
The next push from cambridge and other communities will be the disbanding of SwAT and armored vehicles.

Last edited:
im sure they had plenty of complaints and the people of cambridge dont like them looking like mercenaries.
the rifle pictured is SS stamped.

im also thinking 60 rifles that they ar tired of maintaining , love to know what they got from uncle sam for snipers?
Un related friends in NH say thier "free" rifles they got from the "gov" sit in the basement getting rusty.
The next push from cambridge and other communities will be the disbanding of SwAT and armored vehicles.

You’ll have to explain what the SS designation means to us lay people. A few quick google searches yielded obvious results 🙄 I have a strong feeling Cambridge PD isn’t tied to the Schutzstaffel, though I could be wrong.
Are these rifles military surplus gifts from Uncle Sam?

This thread has a lot of potential! On one hand, "hurr durr stupid Cambridge liberals want to get rid of police", but on the other hand "DTOM! Cops are over-militarized! Fight the govt!".

Does anyone know what the CPD is actually doing? There's a big difference between getting rid of some old rusty 870 pumps versus taking away every patrol rifle. And someone please explain to me why camo makes any sense in a densely urban environment - is it just so cops can hide in the bushes and catch Harvard students drinking on the quad?

Not only that, but "reducing the number of long guns" would be from 200 to 198 just to please the antis.
As a result of the conversations, Bard decided to eliminate camouflage uniforms, which are perceived as militaristic, and reviewed CPD’s weapons inventory. Bard has already identified 20% of the department’s high-power weapons – i.e. long guns like sniper rifles, M4s and shotguns -- that could be removed and is going to reduce less-than-lethal inventory, like certain out-of-date shotguns and rubber rounds, by 30%.

How quickly people forget...Dzhokhar and Tamerian Tsarnaev lived in Cambridge and shot an MIT officer as part of their terror campaign... this is why all PDs need effective weapons
To completely ignore thousands of people's 4th Amendments rights without any repercussions? I'll never forget that.

How quickly people forget...Dzhokhar and Tamerian Tsarnaev lived in Cambridge and shot an MIT officer as part of their terror campaign... this is why all PDs need effective weapons
Clearly CPD needs better rifles when they arrest a teenager hiding in a boat :rolleyes: Seriously, their guns made zero difference that whole week.

To completely ignore thousands of people's 4th Amendments rights without any repercussions? I'll never forget that.
I talked to a SWAT guy who was there once and he claimed that people could've told them "no, you're not entering my house". No idea if that's true, since I doubt anyone actually tried it - that whole area is all liberal sheep.

Also, the 63 rifles are LE692̶0̶ S̶O̶C̶O̶M̶s, given the barrel profile and 16.1" length, not "M4s." Could be the LEOs don't even know what they are. The "M4A1" roll stamp doesn't help.
ETA: Nope. Someone pointed out they are 6940ps.

4 x MP5s--nice.

The MP5 is an SMG, so I don't see the point of the 14 SP5s converted to SBRs or whatever they are.

ETA: I wonder if the latter are counterfeit in the sense they were sold to the PD as something other than what they are--converted SP5s, something made from Brownell's parts, etc. What do the H&K experts say?

Last edited:
Were the uniforms simply part of 1033? Otherwise, I cannot see why they would have gone to the trouble of choosing camo tactical uniforms?

Crowe said there’s still the outstanding issue of the BearCat, which he’d like to see off the streets. And he isn’t the only one. In a recent op-ed published in the Chronicle, The Black Response demanded that CPD get rid of the BearCat, saying military equipment does not make cities safer.

When asked if he was open to retiring the BearCat, Bard said it’s considered a regional asset, acquired after the Marathon bombing. Police did not have adequate protection against gunfire, and none of their vehicles could withstand or protect from explosions. He said the department is looking at alternatives, but those conversations are just at the beginning stages.
[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]Such pussies!!

That pic looks like a 6940 . . . nice monolithic upper.

Also wonder how many MP5s and SCARs they have in inventory? Those went unnoticed to the media

Back
Top Bottom