• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cambridge Police Seize Cache of Firearms, Parts and Ammunition; Arrest Suspect

Apparently happened in Pittsfield as well when a 60lb shipment of ammunition caught someones eye. - Pittsfield man faces firearms charges for ammo, weapons

"Police said officers learned of the firearms through a large shipment of ammunition reportedly coming to Sylvia from Texas. After obtaining a search warrant, police said, they found over 60 pounds of ammunition at a local shipping company. Police said they also found more ammunition and firearms at Sylvia's home.

Officers say they seized eight firearms, including rifles, shotguns, handguns and a flare gun modified to fire shotgun rounds. They said they also seized over 13,000 rounds of ammunition in handgun, shotgun and rifle calibers.

That's a lot for one person, Trapani said.

"Especially a person that is not licensed and able to go to a range periodically and target shoot or hunt," he said."​

This is even clearer than the OP. 60lbs. of ammo? WTF is that a case of .45?

Pay attention statists because this is important:

They check EVERY large puchase for legal ownership. Why? Because they can.

Now guess where they do not do this with any degree of success? Free states. You want to know why? Because it’s legal. All of it. Real simple. Like East and West Berlin.

So enjoy freedom. Or not...

This is even clearer than the OP. 60lbs. of ammo? WTF is that a case of .45?

Pay attention statists because this is important:

They check EVERY large puchase for legal ownership. Why? Because they can.

Now guess where they do not do this with any degree of success? Free states. You want to know why? Because it’s legal. All of it. Real simple. Like East and West Berlin.

So enjoy freedom. Or not...

How exactly is 13k rounds "a lot for one person"?

60lbs would be around 800-900 rounds of .45

Scary stuff...

How exactly is 13k rounds "a lot for one person"?

60lbs would be around 800-900 rounds of .45

Scary stuff...

Seriously. I saw 60lbs and went, wtf? That's a case of .45 ACP.

I get how people who know nothing about shooting think 13k rounds is a lot, but I'm really getting tired of this shit.

You're right.

No one knows what his next steps were because he was arrested before he had any opportunity to move forward. Perhaps a better approach would have been for the agencies involved to continue monitoring his actions and behavior until he did something illegal, then again maybe a level of justification was reached when he began acquiring ammunition?

I suspect that was the tipping point when it was determined they needed to take action to ensure he wasn't a threat to the general public, which as far as I know the CPD has yet to determine because they're still conducting an investigation and seeking information in regards.

You've already gone a step too far. WHY WERE THEY WATCHING ANYTHING IN THE FIRST PLACE?!?!?!? If this was Montana or Missouri or Maine or any other one of the M states (well, save Mary-Land, I guess), this wouldn't have even hit on radar. . . . BECAUSE PURCHASING 80% PARTS IS NOT ILLEGAL - EVEN IN ASSACHUSETTS!!!!!!

As I stated earlier, he could have been stockpiling for eventual pre-illegal-sales. Nothing illegal about that.

You seem to be pretty OK with the gub'mint monitoring things they shouldn't be monitoring. They shouldn't BE monitoring this stuff! Period!

Aside: All I can think of with your "middle ground" is "clowns to the left of me, jokers to my right, here I am, stuck in the middle with you." LOL. I hate that song. ROFL!

LOL in the mindset of the wrong people everything is a "cache" or a "stockpile" or something.

Fun story, I was pulled over by MSP recently for a malfunctioning headlight. (God or whoever seems to have a thing with me and knocking out headlights after I start driving somewhere, I have been stopped twice in the past 6 years under the exact same scenario. ) During the course of the stop the guy is like "wow you have a lot of guns why do you have so many" (because at one point, he had gone digging around in CJISWEB because he was fishing) I tried to explain "you do realize, that's not really how that system works- when you buy something, its on there for life- probably 60% of the stuff on that list, I don't even own it anymore. " but I don't think he got it. He was professional enough but it seemed like he was kind of taken aback by the whole thing. IMHO its a "mindset" thing. And in this state when the wrong people look at things, it gets twisted and inflated into something it isn't. Thankfully in this case of this LEO his sense of professionalism was still greater than his mortification about me owning a bunch
of guns, etc.

-Mike

No, but Cambridge appears to have become a nexus for gun runners.

Buyer of illegal ammo planned shooting spree, police say, in arrest recalling October incident - Cambridge Day

A Cambridge man believed by police to be planning a shooting spree was arraigned Wednesday in Cambridge District Court for illegal possession of ammunition, and faces more charges of buying 150 rounds of ammunition without a license at a weekend gun show.

030719i-Brian-Schwarztrauber.jpg

Brian Schwarztrauber, in a photo released by the office of Middlesex District Attorney Marian Ryan.
It’s the second weapons-related arrest in Cambridge within a little over four months suggestive of plans for mass violence.

Brian Schwarztrauber, 54, was taken into custody Saturday by Wilmington police at the Northeast Gun Show in Shriners Auditorium, where he was “being disruptive” and giving off “a strong odor of alcohol,” according to the office of Middlesex District Attorney Marian Ryan.

LOL in the mindset of the wrong people everything is a "cache" or a "stockpile" or something.

Fun story, I was pulled over by MSP recently for a malfunctioning headlight. (God or whoever seems to have a thing with me and knocking out headlights after I start driving somewhere, I have been stopped twice in the past 6 years under the exact same scenario. ) During the course of the stop the guy is like "wow you have a lot of guns why do you have so many" (because at one point, he had gone digging around in CJISWEB because he was fishing) I tried to explain "you do realize, that's not really how that system works- when you buy something, its on there for life- probably 60% of the stuff on that list, I don't even own it anymore. " but I don't think he got it. He was professional enough but it seemed like he was kind of taken aback by the whole thing. IMHO its a "mindset" thing. And in this state when the wrong people look at things, it gets twisted and inflated into something it isn't. Thankfully in this case of this LEO his sense of professionalism was still greater than his mortification about me owning a bunch
of guns, etc.

-Mike

"wow you have a lot of guns why do you have so many"
BFYTW.

When I drove up this summer, I really didn't want to get my truck inventoried. I brought up (2) AR's, (2) shotguns and (3) handguns. I also brought up about 9000 rounds of 9mm, 1000 rounds for the shotgun, a couple hundred for the AR (some in mags), some .45, some .38 and some .357. From my perspective, it was just transporting some firearms and ammo. But I could just see the headline "Georgia man with arsenal blah, blah, blah".

I don't normally travel with AR's. These are my CT registered/legal ones. I rebuilt them this winter in GA and was bringing them back.

Fun story, I was pulled over by MSP recently for a malfunctioning headlight. ... During the course of the stop the guy is like "wow you have a lot of guns why do you have so many" ...
Photo of the Glock he sold you FTF that weekend,
or it didn't happen.

Brian Schwarztrauber, in a photo released by the office of Middlesex District Attorney Marian Ryan.
Man his expression in that mugshot looks like a frog in a bag of lettuce.
It’s the second weapons-related arrest in Cambridge within a little over four months
suggestive of with absolutely no tangible plans for mass violence.
The MSM needs to stop overplaying their hand -
I'm starting to see through their BS.

ETA:
Idly Googling for "gun owner jury duty" yields this gem from 2017:

Trigger warning: your head will explode if you click that link.

Apologies for resurrecting a dead thread...

It showed up in my "Similar threads" feed this morning. Given that all this was in 2018, I was wondering what the disposition was. I tried searching, but my Google Fu is weak. The only reference I could find was this one.

Anyone else able to find out what happened?

Ya know that list of what's in Todays mail that you signed up for? Eyes in the sky watches everything you do. SMILE! Your on Candid Camera. Or they follow your tracking requests from UPS and Fed Ex. The MAN isn't always as dumb as he looks .
I was always curious about that. Do they photograph everyones mail and forward the pics to you if you sign up, or do they just photograph for the people who request it?

Not all your mail is scanned with pics. And, you do not sign up for it, is done now as a matter of course and has been for some time now. The signing up part just puts you on a list to get the daily emails.

I think ( and it might be a first for me) that all mail goes thru the scanner that takes pics.

Not all your mail is scanned with pics. And, you do not sign up for it, is done now as a matter of course and has been for some time now. The signing up part just puts you on a list to get the daily emails.
Thats what had me curious. Theyre scanning all the mail all the time. If you request the service, they share those scans with you via email. If you dont request it, theyre still scanning your mail, you just dont see the results. Is that accurate?

New news to NES:

CBS Boston WBZ 4: Cambridge Man Faces Ammunition Charges After Talking About Shooting Sprees

March 7, 2019 at 9:10 pm​
CAMBRIDGE (CBS) – A Cambridge man has pleaded not guilty to ammunition charges Wednesday after his roommate said she heard him talking about shooting sprees, mass shootings and starting a revolution.​
Brian Schwarztrauber’s roommate reported her concerns to police Saturday, saying she heard him on the phone with someone saying the phrases “shooting spree,” “with ammo strapped to my back,” and “I’ll shoot through windshields if I have to.”​
Schwarztrauber, 54, a finance and accounting consultant, was placed into protective custody while allegedly intoxicated at a gun show in Wilmington on Sunday. He was found to have 150 rounds of 9mm ammunition illegally, police said. Police also reported that a search of Schwarztrauber’s room yielded 20 rounds of ammunition in his nightstand.​
Schwarztrauber’s roommate, Amanda Greenfield, told WBZ after filing the police report she barricaded herself in the apartment out of fear for her own safety.​
“I wanted to look someone in the eyes and say with calm conviction that he is guilty and that he is dangerous and he’s prepared to kill people,” Greenfield said.​
erumor1-thumbnail-e1427827651800.jpg
Brian Schwarztrauber. (Photo credit: Wilmington Police Department)​
Middlesex District Attorney Marian Ryan said that although no firearms were found, Schwarztrauber indicated that he would soon be in possession of a sniper rifle.​
“There had been a definite change in his rhetoric,” Greenfield said. “It had become more violent. It had become more concrete. He was using visual images. He was drawing from actual stories on the news. And this is when I became aware that the person living in that room was maybe not the person I moved in with five years ago.”​
Greenfield said she noticed a change in her roommate about a week ago.​
“That was when I heard a three hour conversation, detailing and finalizing just how he was going to kill these people,” Greenfield said.​
Much of Schwarztrauber’s alleged anger was politically motivated, according to police. Ryan said that Schwarztrauber was “almost exclusively politically motivated” and had a particular hatred for the Democratic Party.​
“Elizabeth Warren, Nancy Pelosi. He did mention Barack Obama,” Greenfield said.​
Authorities said Schwarztrauber does not have a Massachusetts license to carry or a firearms identification card.​
“What is concerning about this is that the charges he faces really don’t reflect the dangerousness of this situation,” Ryan said.​
...​
P. S. Google Translate says his name is German for "Black Screwdriver".

Thats what had me curious. Theyre scanning all the mail all the time. If you request the service, they share those scans with you via email. If you dont request it, theyre still scanning your mail, you just dont see the results. Is that accurate?
Yes correct, with the exception they are not scanning ALL the mail ALL the time.
Thanks.

Yes correct, with the exception they are not scanning ALL the mail ALL the time.
Thanks.
This may be true, but the vast majority of my first class and standard mail shows up in my daily emails of the scans from USPS. No warrant is needed for what is referred to as a "mail cover" viewing of the outside of mail send to an individual.

Back
Top Bottom