• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Called out for not wearing a mask

moojpg2

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Maybe, but IMO very unlikely. I did small town volunteer. We would never officially stick someone because they asked, even as a favor, even within the dept. Lots of lift assists around town but that's different
we definitely did, but the medical control we were under was also where probably 95% of the people in town, especially the older folks, went for their primary care, and it's a pretty small hospital and a pretty small town, and it was also about a decade ago

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
If you know how to do it why dont u just tell the doctor you are capable of doing it yourself if he'll let you come get the supplies, go to the doctors office and pick up the vials with labels alread on them and do it yourself. I did that for my mom several times when she was home bound. Either that or call your local fire department and see if they can come up to the house and have a paramedic do it in the back of an ambulance real quick, an active paramedic should be able to do it in his sleep.
The medical community seems to be very strict about training. When I had to do home care of myself involving violation of my epidermal perimeter, I was not allowed to do anything until the training RN signed off that I was "officially trained" and she could confirm I was capable. Even after self administering a traditional subq drug done the old fashioned way (syringe and vial), I had to have training before I could be issued a drug in a prefilled syringe that had a different setup with the way the needle connected to the barrel.

It's sort of like a boot camp where you don't know how to shit or brush you teeth until you have been officially trained in that skill.

There is enormous concern about liability, especially when it comes to a licensed activity like breaking the skin. I would be surprised if any fire department would do it as a courtesy.

moojpg2

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
The medical community seems to be very strict about training. When I had to do home care of myself involving violation of my epidermal perimeter, I was not allowed to do anything until the training RN signed off that I was "officially trained" and she could confirm I was capable. Even after self administering a traditional subq drug done the old fashioned way (syringe and vial), I had to have training before I could be issued a drug in a prefilled syringe that had a different setup with the way the needle connected to the barrel.

It's sort of like a boot camp where you don't know how to shit or brush you teeth until you have been officially trained in that skill.

There is enormous concern about liability, especially when it comes to a licensed activity like breaking the skin. I would be surprised if any fire department would do it as a courtesy.
A Paramedic is more than qualified to start an iv, administer meds, draw blood, etc, whether or not they can get away with it just depends on the medical control they work under. It has happened in my town, but that was a long time ago and it was done somewhat "unofficially", people are more sensitive now about shit like that for sure though. I also did it for my mom, but I was more than able to do it at the time and her pcp and his nurses knew it, I actually used to get mildly pissed off and do her blood draws in their lab too sometimes because there was only one nurse at the medical center that could get blood drawn on her the first try and I used to get pissed seeing them stick her more than once or cause her pain trying to fish around for it with the needle in her arm (which is just horrible lazy technique). It got to the point where my mom would maybe let them try once and if they couldn't get it she'd just tell them to stop and let me do it and I'd just drop a hint like "hey don't you need that thing down the hall over there" and they'd just "go down the hall to grab something" and then I'd have it done by the time they got back. If it was an icu nurse or er nurse or the doctor's RN, they always got it first try but my mom was tiny and had major health issues and most phlebotomists were up shit creek with her.

Vermonster

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
A Paramedic is more than qualified to start an iv, administer meds, draw blood, etc, whether or not they can get away with it just depends on the medical control they work under.
Most impressive IV starts I've ever seen: NICU RNs and paramedics doing preemie transport. Scalp IV start in a 25 weeker; mad skills.

n1oty

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
If you know how to do it why dont u just tell the doctor you are capable of doing it yourself if he'll let you come get the supplies, go to the doctors office and pick up the vials with labels alread on them and do it yourself. I did that for my mom several times when she was home bound. Either that or call your local fire department and see if they can come up to the house and have a paramedic do it in the back of an ambulance real quick, an active paramedic should be able to do it in his sleep.

I know how to do it. I let my certs lapse long ago though, so I doubt any doctor would let me near any of that stuff. Frankly, I thought one of my better ideas was having the doctor or phlebotomist come out to the parking lot, having my wife put her arm out the open window and look away. What could possibly be easier than that??

moojpg2

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I know how to do it. I let my certs lapse long ago though, so I doubt any doctor would let me near any of that stuff. Frankly, I thought one of my better ideas was having the doctor or phlebotomist come out to the parking lot, having my wife put her arm out the open window and look away. What could possibly be easier than that??
Yea Idk they are probably afraid to do it anywhere but the chair in the lab, it's kind of pathetic. I'd be pissed. Have you tried contacting someone higher up in the hospital or medical center administration?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
A hole in the wall so the patient goes to a drive through blood draw window and the phlebotomist never leaves the building.

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They knew she was claustrophobic in the first place, right?

If she needs medical treatment,
and it's past time to play hardball,
you need to get Mindshare.
(Scroll down the post a scoche to learn how to get Mindshare).

n1oty

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Yea Idk they are probably afraid to do it anywhere but the chair in the lab, it's kind of pathetic. I'd be pissed. Have you tried contacting someone higher up in the hospital or medical center administration?

No. We believe that this covaids lunacy will come to an end in the next few months. The hospitals are losing too much money with the current fear campaign. The stupidity will end once they realize they can make much more money doing mundane procedures such as colonoscopies.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Said it before and I will again - doing anything that requires masks which you can avoid is supporting this shit. By going to stores you can avoid and masking up, by going to the brewery and putting up with the stupid rules, you are basically part of the problem.

Yep maybe you can't find a way to get food without a mask (I can, they deliver it right to my trunk in the parking lot) but spending $$ where you don't need to is supporting the whole thing. If everyone who disliked masks just said "nope - all set with patronizing your business until I can do so like a normal human" the mask mandates would be about over.
Lol not sure if serious, as a paralell look at the shit in mass, lockdowns first month or two were full bore, take out only. .gov has not reacted at all to the suffering of small business at any time during this.

MagGus1820

NES Member
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
No. We believe that this covaids lunacy will come to an end in the next few months. The hospitals are losing too much money with the current fear campaign. The stupidity will end once they realize they can make much more money doing mundane procedures such as colonoscopies.
Why bother with that when you can just hold out for a bailout? Gov can't let the hospitals fail! Amirite?! The gov better take them over to make sure they are run properly from here on out!

teamRR

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol not sure if serious, as a paralell look at the shit in mass, lockdowns first month or two were full bore, take out only. .gov has not reacted at all to the suffering of small business at any time during this.

Yes I think Baker sees packed restaurants and feels his bullshit isn't hurting these businesses. And frequenting restaurants amid mask restrictions sends the wrong message to the businesses too - they should be front and center screaming at the government and not just idly going along with it, but why would they fight when business is good? When restrictions are lifted, many still will require the same BS because they think its ok too.

On that note - Sununu, restrictions ending "wicked soon", appears mask mandate expires tomorrow.

allen-1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
you mean that same mask that is labelled "This product is an ear loop mask, this product is not a respirator and will not provide any protections against COVID-19 (coronavirus) and other viruses or contaminants."?

Yeah, that mask.

BUT - IT'S IMPORTANT TO KNOW:
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, cloth masks help prevent the spread of COVID-19 from those who without symptoms. This means that although cloth masks do not have the capability to filter tiny particles like an N95 mask, it can still help prevent the spread of the disease by blocking respiratory droplets that leave a person's mouth while coughing, sneezing or talking.

Attachments

• bs.gif
    bs.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Guy complaining about NH removing mask mandate on WTAG Jordan Levy show right now:

Call in, they'll take you:
508-755-0058

Also complaining about no seat belts, no helmets, ....

He wants to wait another month, or more, to lift mask mandate.

ScottS

NES Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Guy complaining about NH removing mask mandate on WTAG Jordan Levy show right now:

Call in, they'll take you:
508-755-0058

Also complaining about no seat belts, no helmets, ....

He wants to wait another month, or more, to lift mask mandate.
Jesus. This really needs the "You need to mind your own f***ing business" at max volume.

tuna

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I went out running errands yesterday, and all three stores I went to, EVERYBODY was wearing a mask still. Maybe it was because it was early on a weekday and resistors were at work, but it was 50/50 when the mask mandate was in place.

ASHDUMP

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
People just need to start walking into stores with no f***ing masks on. I'm close.... I posted in another thread that my daughter walked into Lowes and TJMaxx with no mask on and no one gave a shit. No evil looks from all the hens in TJs which I thought we would get.
Mask free at Target today. No one said shit. LETS GO!!!

teamRR

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went out running errands yesterday, and all three stores I went to, EVERYBODY was wearing a mask still. Maybe it was because it was early on a weekday and resistors were at work, but it was 50/50 when the mask mandate was in place.

Nothing stops businesses from requiring it and I don't know some other rule not mentioned still applies to say restaurant patrons or staff. Basically all I am sure that this change does is makes it so no rule is in place for say a store to require it of customers. It may be universal and probably will be interpreted that way by at least some places but its definitely not stopping say Home Depot, or some town, from going above & beyond.

teamRR

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add - Sununu said May 7 all restrictions will become recommendations. So at that point anyone requiring a mask or wierd behaviors in NH (other than a few federally controlled places) can't blame it on government.

The restaurants on the boarder will reap huge rewards I am sure - MA in nearly full lockdown while they can stay open until 1AM in NH, skip the mask routine all together etc etc.

Jude Thaddeus

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
So the girl and I today said “f*** it” we’re going to Walmart and Market Basket. We haven’t done our own food shopping since July of last year.
While at Walmart, there was a total of 4 other people not wearing the face diaper. I made eye contact with an older lady that wasn’t and we both smiled.
While at MB, we were the ONLY ones. Spoke with numerous employees seeing food shopping now felt foreign to us and forgot where a lot of our staples were. Not one employee said a word.
Of course, this is a small sample size. However, where we live is the epicenter of liberal c***s so I was expecting some looks or comments.
Will report next week for MB seeing the girl wants to continue shopping for our own food.

Top Bottom