Called out for not wearing a mask

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's also good in your local Hannafords so people aren't running around licking carriage handles and rubbing fruit on their privates like they usually do. Just having these folks wear a mask makes them more careful in the first place.
b5fdfc45f168fbfe185cbd0dca5a92cd.jpg

And why does your avatar look like a cup? LOL
A cup?
A cup?
Dude, you need an eye exam pronto.
613YkM+9KPL._AC_UL1200_.jpg

Jude Thaddeus

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
So my sons' school is going to a 5 day in person week (finally). I asked him last night if he wanted to go back into school full time or go full virtual (these are the choices presented to the parents and students). He stated that he does better in school virtually than in person (his grades support that for the past year!!) and he refuses to wear a mask past the 2 days in person they do now. I said "OK" and told the school that he will be going full virtual starting April 19th. I also asked him what we were going to do if they require them come August/September. He said right out that he would rather be home schooled than go back to that shit hole.
The moral of this tale......not every person under 18 is indoctrinated to the bullshit TPTB keep pushing on us.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
qGhiEIe.gif

That was never the claim. Ever. I don't get why the vehement anti-maskers and the vehement everyone-mask-ers ignore anything that is said and reinterpret quotes to prove their argument. Masks were never to eliminate, only reduce. They stop water droplets. Virii live longer in a wet environment. So it cut down on airborne and surface virus because it reduced micro-spittle. (And macro-spittle for you troglodytes. LOL). It isn't now, nor was it ever, a foolproof system that would "stop" the virus. It was one slowing measure of many.

Your idea is cute and all, but I am still waiting for the actual evidence. They have tried doing studies but they all failed to show it helps. And there is no statistical way to show it helps either by examining places where there are mask mandates versus not.

I'm not against masks. I'm just against doing something stupid that doesn't work, and being forced to do it. If this was demonstrably a good thing to do, I would be out there advocating it (but still not advocating that government require it).

teamRR

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your idea is cute and all, but I am still waiting for the actual evidence. They have tried doing studies but they all failed to show it helps. And there is no statistical way to show it helps either by examining places where there are mask mandates versus not.

I'm not against masks. I'm just against doing something stupid that doesn't work, and being forced to do it. If this was demonstrably a good thing to do, I would be out there advocating it (but still not advocating that government require it).

I will admit it, am against mask requirements and basically everything that the government has done to restrict freedom.

If this was a more serious pandemic there wouldn't be a need for any of it - people would be concerned and would behave accordingly. The reason we needed government mandates was the restrictions went beyond common sense.

To date I know 4 people who died during the pandemic, none of them had covid. I know 20 or so who got covid and for all but one of them was a mild one week cold, one was hospitalized and recovered. Everyone I know was negatively impacted by covid restrictions on the other hand.

Everything that has gone on during this pandemic is basically total bullshit IMO.

Whutmeworry

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
NOT 1600 Pennsylvannia Avenue anymore!!!!
Probably invested heavily in the major mask manufacturers. It's long overdue for him to ride off into the sunset.
If it was just a financial thing for him that would be one thing, but it's way beyond that. He is a power-hungry attention whore. Karens are bowing down to him like he's their savior, and he loves it.

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it was just a financial thing for him that would be one thing, but it's way beyond that. He is a power-hungry attention whore. Karens are bowing down to him like he's their savior, and he loves it.
Recent consensus of Dr. Drew and Adam Carolla is that Fauci's a totally political animal,
but will be the scapegoat for all the negative consequences as soon as he outlives his usefulness.

Racenet

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oxygen passes right through masks. Carbon dioxide passes right through masks. Water vaper passes right through masks. Yet somehow viruses which are much smaller are blocked by masks? Wake up people. You're being duped in the biggest scam ever to be perpetrated!

Well ya see, the virus is very smart and knows not to pass through the mask. Just like it knows to not jump people after the 8:00pm curfew or while sitting at a table in your favorite watering hole. The virus is really, really smart. [rofl]

People who fall for this shit, hook, line and sinker, not so much.

Racenet

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Women are statistically more likely to be cooperative with things like mask requirements. They are non confrontational by nature and will have to be dragged over some major coals in many cases before they speak up to a stranger or institution, etc.

That describes my wife, to the letter. She was finally pushed over that line the other day and went totally ape shit! She made me proud. However, now she feels like it was all her fault and shouldn't have said anything or acted that way. The old blame the victum deal.

mlaboss

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Oxygen passes right through masks. Carbon dioxide passes right through masks. Water vaper passes right through masks. Yet somehow viruses which are much smaller are blocked by masks? Wake up people. You're being duped in the biggest scam ever to be perpetrated!
I've read some dumb shit on this thread, but I think this might take the cake.

You're saying viruses are smaller than oxygen, carbon dioxide, and water molecules? Things that consist of 2 or 3 atoms are larger than an entire virus which is made up of many, many, MANY atoms?

This is Dunning-Kruger in action, and it is goddamn hilarious.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
When TX got rid of their mask mandate, the mask people said it was the end of them. This ended about a month ago. TX's cases are 50% lower at this date compared to the date of the mandates removal.

FL has never had a mask mandate. FL's cases per capita are almost identical to MA, where we have mega draconian garbage policy on everything. Last time I looked, MA's death rate per capita was almost 40% higher than FL's (and I think TX's).

Long story short, the f***ing masks dont appear to do shit.
FL may not have had a "man-date" but they definitely did, and still do, have masks all over. I just talked with a client 2 weeks ago who is a vehement pro-masker. "Oh it's great down here. Everyone wears their masks all the time." "REALLY??" "Oh yeah. It's so safe!"

I was in Orlando in Sept - I was, at times, the only one NOT wearing a mask. Not in the parks. In Orlando proper. Outdoor market. In the parking lot. I'm the ONLY guy not wearing a mask.

But that wasn't my point. My point was showing that the intent was NEVER to say "oh masks will stop microscopic virus germs from getting on you" as the previous poster claimed. What he claimed was patently false.

Now, do I really think it is doing a lot of good? I've already said that the best thing masks can do is make people AWARE of their actions. I forget the latest stat, but the majority of contact-tracing shows that people are getting this from family and friend gatherings, not shopping at Tanny-Hanny.

Now. . . . . alll THAT said - if we treated the world like pre-Covid, (liking the carriage handles, fondling the fruits) I believe we would have a s-ton more cases. A metric s-ton. (that's 1.2x a S-ton, LOL). But we won't know without testing that scenario. There are too many variables to truly say how effective masks have been. Far too many variables.

I also believe that a lot of the current "no cases" thing has to do with we are getting that much closer to herd immunity. Let's say 20% have had it. 25% of adults over 16 have been vaccinated. There is some overlap, but that's almost half the adult population. Plus if there is no COVID in an area, you can't get COVID no matter how "unsafe" your practices are.

Possibly the funniest thing I've seen in teh last year is the arrows in grocery stores. Like having us all face the same way was going to do anything. LOL. My daughter STILL doesn't like to go the "wrong way" down an aisle. She's not the only one. I still get looks at times. Funny there are no lines in Produce or Meat. Seems healthy people don't need to move like salmon going to spawn.

b5fdfc45f168fbfe185cbd0dca5a92cd.jpg

A cup?
A cup?
Dude, you need an eye exam pronto.
613YkM+9KPL._AC_UL1200_.jpg
See - it's all about context. If there is no babe around it, it looks like a cup.

Panties - not the greatest thing on earth but definitely next to the best thing on earth. ;)

jhblaze1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
smoke too. smoke particles are orders of magnitude bigger than viruses. Certainly water vapor and CO2 molecules are not larger than a covid virion but your point stands.

It's theater, just like the TSA. Masks make stupid people feel safe just like blue shirt idiots make stupid people feel safe at the airport so the rest of us have to suffer along with it.

Surgical masks are designed to prevent blood squirting out of an artery from launching into the surgeon's mouth, and also to stop a wad of mucous should the surgeon sneeze from landing on a patient's exposed organs.

Claims that cloth masks and surgical masks stop viruses are unscientific and outright lies. Certainly these masks will catch larger respiratory droplets so a COVID zombie hacking his lungs out across from you on the T can only now launch some reduced quantity of particles at you. If he's masked and you are too, maybe your chances of getting it have gone down, but you can bet he's still getting a bunch of other people on the train sick with the cough blasts shooting out the side of his mask rather than straight forward.

Valid arguments can be made that masks slow things down a bit, but that's about it. A better argument can be made that they're just slowing the achievement of herd immunity.

FDA even acknowledges the horseshittery:

"While a surgical mask may be effective in blocking splashes and large-particle droplets, a face mask, by design, does not filter or block very small particles in the air that may be transmitted by coughs, sneezes, or certain medical procedures. Surgical masks also do not provide complete protection from germs and other contaminants because of the loose fit between the surface of the mask and your face."

Dench

NES Member
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
FL may not have had a "man-date" but they definitely did, and still do, have masks all over. I just talked with a client 2 weeks ago who is a vehement pro-masker. "Oh it's great down here. Everyone wears their masks all the time." "REALLY??" "Oh yeah. It's so safe!"

I was in Orlando in Sept - I was, at times, the only one NOT wearing a mask. Not in the parks. In Orlando proper. Outdoor market. In the parking lot. I'm the ONLY guy not wearing a mask. (I was wrong about this also last fall)

But that wasn't my point. My point was showing that the intent was NEVER to say "oh masks will stop microscopic virus germs from getting on you" as the previous poster claimed. What he claimed was patently false.

Now, do I really think it is doing a lot of good? I've already said that the best thing masks can do is make people AWARE of their actions. I forget the latest stat, but the majority of contact-tracing shows that people are getting this from family and friend gatherings, not shopping at Tanny-Hanny.

Now. . . . . alll THAT said - if we treated the world like pre-Covid, (liking the carriage handles, fondling the fruits) I believe we would have a s-ton more cases. A metric s-ton. (that's 1.2x a S-ton, LOL). But we won't know without testing that scenario. There are too many variables to truly say how effective masks have been. Far too many variables.

I also believe that a lot of the current "no cases" thing has to do with we are getting that much closer to herd immunity. Let's say 20% have had it. 25% of adults over 16 have been vaccinated. There is some overlap, but that's almost half the adult population. Plus if there is no COVID in an area, you can't get COVID no matter how "unsafe" your practices are.

Possibly the funniest thing I've seen in teh last year is the arrows in grocery stores. Like having us all face the same way was going to do anything. LOL. My daughter STILL doesn't like to go the "wrong way" down an aisle. She's not the only one. I still get looks at times. Funny there are no lines in Produce or Meat. Seems healthy people don't need to move like salmon going to spawn.

See - it's all about context. If there is no babe around it, it looks like a cup.

Panties - not the greatest thing on earth but definitely next to the best thing on earth. ;)

I was in SW FL and then Orlando a little after you. While some people did wear masks outside, it was rare, especially in SW FL. Orlando had high compliance, but Orlando is in Orange County and is Democrat. And if there's one things Democrats love, its face diapers. Lee, Collier and Charolette Counties are (R), and as a result do not have much interest in pretending they are doing their part.

Nothings closed in FL, either. My kids did kid shit, god forbid. Went to nice, inside AC'd kids play places and played with other kids. Can you imagine!? And not a single f***ing person wore a mask. If Charlier Baker saw it, the mole on his face would explode. My kids did other banned things in MA at that time, such as arcades. The blood bath!

You're wrong about touching the carriages and fruit. So wrong, and I'm laughing as I write this, the f***ing CDC has come out this week and said theres a 1 in 10,000 chance of contracting COVID-19 by touch.

I can tell you how effective "masks" have been. Go to the store. Find a cloth mask. Read the label. On that label it will say "does not protect from or stop COVID-19."

Last edited:

jhblaze1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've read some dumb shit on this thread, but I think this might take the cake.

You're saying viruses are smaller than oxygen, carbon dioxide, and water molecules? Things that consist of 2 or 3 atoms are larger than an entire virus which is made up of many, many, MANY atoms?

This is Dunning-Kruger in action, and it is goddamn hilarious.
yeah he picked the wrong particles. but his point isn't wrong. plenty of molecules larger than covid zip right through your cloth or surgical mask.

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone who thinks a virus is smaller than oxygen or water molecules really has zero credibility. Just because something is actually stupid or useless doesn't mean it's stupid or useless in the way you think it is.
Never say never.
fantastic-voyage-1966-raquel-welch-antibodies-attack.jpg

Yes, I know they're antibodies.
Even if there was a virus scene,
it'd have to be MFing charming
for me to want to post it instead of the above.

my electroencephalograph says different.
Your mother had you tested, too?

Wickedcoolname

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
qGhiEIe.gif

That was never the claim. Ever. I don't get why the vehement anti-maskers and the vehement everyone-mask-ers ignore anything that is said and reinterpret quotes to prove their argument. Masks were never to eliminate, only reduce. They stop water droplets. Virii live longer in a wet environment. So it cut down on airborne and surface virus because it reduced micro-spittle. (And macro-spittle for you troglodytes. LOL). It isn't now, nor was it ever, a foolproof system that would "stop" the virus. It was one slowing measure of many.

You actually believe that a rag around your face stops a cold virus? How's that working out? People who wear masks are getting it anyway. And people like me who have never once worn one have not gotten it. If you're going to catch a cold you're going to catch it. Face rag or no face rag.
And if you've never seen a Triumph logo then your mask must be fogging up your eyes.

AJK129

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You actually believe that a rag around your face stops a cold virus? How's that working out? People who wear masks are getting it anyway. And people like me who have never once worn one have not gotten it. If you're going to catch a cold you're going to catch it. Face rag or no face rag.
And if you've never seen a Triumph logo then your mask must be fogging up your eyes.
If you know even basic fluid dynamics, you know the non ppe masks do nothing to stop your breath. Plenty of videos showing airflow out the sides of the masks with one on

Whutmeworry

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
NOT 1600 Pennsylvannia Avenue anymore!!!!
Valid arguments can be made that masks slow things down a bit, but that's about it. A better argument can be made that they're just slowing the achievement of herd immunity.

FDA even acknowledges the horseshittery:

"While a surgical mask may be effective in blocking splashes and large-particle droplets, a face mask, by design, does not filter or block very small particles in the air that may be transmitted by coughs, sneezes, or certain medical procedures. Surgical masks also do not provide complete protection from germs and other contaminants because of the loose fit between the surface of the mask and your face."
At the risk of redundancy, Dr. Scott Gottlieb - former commissioner of the FDA - also said just two weeks ago that the "6 foot rule" for social distancing was completely made up and not based on any kind of "science". Let's just drop the whole charade, shall we???

Racenet

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the risk of redundancy, Dr. Scott Gottlieb - former commissioner of the FDA - also said just two weeks ago that the "6 foot rule" for social distancing was completely made up and not based on any kind of "science". Let's just drop the whole charade, shall we???

Like rats through a maze.....as the world turns.....

[rofl]

jhblaze1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yeah the 6 foot rule was pretty obviously completely arbitrary from the get go. Again, it's all theater and has been all along.

Racenet

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah the 6 foot rule was pretty obviously completely arbitrary from the get go. Again, it's all theater and has been all along.

But, but, but, when you cough or sneeze, the science says that the water drops that contain the extremely smart virus can travel at least that far, before they jump off and plan their next attack.

[rofl]

FrugalFannie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
To be fair, the Vid has a fairly long infectious incubation period before symptoms start. So you might be sick and not know it. I get that. Wasn't Spanish Flu the same way?? (Jack????) The masks can make sense in some instances. For most, they do zip. If you can distance, then just distance. If not, then you probably should have some sort of barrier on all parties.

It's also good in your local Hannafords so people aren't running around licking carriage handles and rubbing fruit on their privates like they usually do. Just having these folks wear a mask makes them more careful in the first place.

Thongs at the Beach - You're wearing it wrong!
Initially I think they were saying 14 days minimum, maybe 28 days or more. But more recent data suggests closer to 2-5 days for incubation before you know it. Much like the flu. Gee. Who would have guessed.

MGnoob

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Imagine the carbon footprint caused by manufacturing and shipping these masks....Won’t somebody think about the environment and the children!

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Imagine the carbon footprint caused by manufacturing and shipping these masks....Won’t somebody think about the environment and the children!

Remember before all this started, they were in an endless panic about straws? You don't hear a peep any more about that, plus no complaints that I'm finding used masks all over the place, even in the middle of the woods. I rarely found straws laying about.

Top Bottom