Called out for not wearing a mask

Junior314

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
It would never have occurred to me to wear one at the drive through.

Because your an intelligent life form.

I went through a Dunkin drive thru this morning with no mask with no issue. I’m not wearing a mask in my truck.

It’s amazing to me after a year into this that people still think masks are a viable strategy to dealing with COVID.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
You really don’t have a ten cent mask to deal with this bullish!t? $700 carry gun, check, flashlight and knife, check, ten cent bull crap mask to deal with idiots, ooops.

BTW, I wear a mask at places where they ask me to, easier than being a drama queen

yeahbut. Big ass shield. Air gap between you. Seconds of interaction. No need to bother masking at all. It’s a silly requirement and I’m a sometimes mask Nazi here. Lol

Since what we've heard from the MSM and the science they trust is questionable and since CA and NY and other places are having spikes with all their strict rules/mandates in place I'd say there's a better chance that they're right compared to MSM science but yes maybe they're wrong maybe not.
Rational Ground appears to have done a lot of research. Rational Ground - Clear Reasoning on National Policy for COVID-19 What makes you say their research is equivalent to the DNC doing a study on pork?

well everything on the site is shaded. Don’t take this like I’m talking down to you, but you do realize that the spike after Christmas wasn’t because of people at malls, do you??? People got together and then got sick.

We don’t have clinical research to tell how well masks work. But let’s not assume people are getting all sorts of sick at gas stations and Shaws. They are getting sick at parties and such. Spikes happen often after major holidays

You think we are the only people ignoring rules??? Lol

Everything on that site is “this is all a lie.” If they hired a random 3rd party to do research id trust it a whole lot more.

That doesn’t even factor in the fact that some states test their asses off and others don’t. That alone will bring up a higher positive rate.

And some of the places where you see low infections - could be there aren’t a lot of people there that have it in the first place. Look at Sweden. 9 months of nothing. Then a huge spike with no change in the “just stay away and live your lives” policy. Why?

Here is a better way to analyze the data - assume what you believe is wrong. Then find data to prove that. You’ll be more likely to look for cauational instead of correlated results. And go where the data takes you, not where you want to go.

wahsben

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
well everything on the site is shaded. Don’t take this like I’m talking down to you, but you do realize that the spike after Christmas wasn’t because of people at malls, do you??? People got together and then got sick.
They got together everywhere and yet there's only certain places that are having bad spikes. La and all of CA. have had strict lockdowns and masking mandates throughout and yet they're having a really bad time now. They also had spikes before the holidays too. A virus has cycles of spikes throughout it's run masks or no masks which I've posted information on before too. I've posted plenty on here about masks that provide evidence they don't work and they never were considered effective against virus's before. Only last year did they become effective. Initially I trusted the science but when the science kept changing and other scientists started to raise questions about the science that was being propagated it raised questions. I posted Alex Berenson's Unreported Truths about covid-19 parts 1,2 and 3. 3 is about masks and the studies that have been done. I've posted how the PCR tests are questionable due to the amplification cycles etc. Where did I say we're the only one's breaking the rules? CA, NY and other places have strict mandates and therefore the consequences of breaking the rules are higher so there are less likely to be many breaking the rules and if masking is so effective their outcomes should be better than elsewhere. They're not. Florida's, South Dakota's and Sweden's population should have been decimated by now if this was anywhere near as deadly as what has been claimed by some of the science. I also posted my personal experience with a nursing home that was locked down from March with not only masking but full PPE usage and sanitation procedures that went from 1 case at lockdown to over 70 within a 3 month period. I question everything but when the people pushing something have the most to gain by what they're pushing I question them the most.

hillman

NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
They got together everywhere and yet there's only certain places that are having bad spikes. La and all of CA. have had strict lockdowns and masking mandates throughout and yet they're having a really bad time now. They also had spikes before the holidays too. A virus has cycles of spikes throughout it's run masks or no masks which I've posted information on before too. I've posted plenty on here about masks that provide evidence they don't work and they never were considered effective against virus's before. Only last year did they become effective. Initially I trusted the science but when the science kept changing and other scientists started to raise questions about the science that was being propagated it raised questions. I posted Alex Berenson's Unreported Truths about covid-19 parts 1,2 and 3. 3 is about masks and the studies that have been done. I've posted how the PCR tests are questionable due to the amplification cycles etc. Where did I say we're the only one's breaking the rules? CA, NY and other places have strict mandates and therefore the consequences of breaking the rules are higher so there are less likely to be many breaking the rules and if masking is so effective their outcomes should be better than elsewhere. They're not. Florida's, South Dakota's and Sweden's population should have been decimated by now if this was anywhere near as deadly as what has been claimed by some of the science. I also posted my personal experience with a nursing home that was locked down from March with not only masking but full PPE usage and sanitation procedures that went from 1 case at lockdown to over 70 within a 3 month period. I question everything but when the people pushing something have the most to gain by what they're pushing I question them the most.
People keep using CA as a "well they have a mandate but still get sick".
From California COVID-19 masks: Who is following the rules?

In a small informal tracking of over 3000 people, they found 42% correct mask wearing compliance.

'"Only 42% of the people we tracked were wearing masks correctly, 10% were wearing masks incorrectly and 47% were not wearing masks at all."

So even though that's a small sampling, seems like if you want to use the "masks don't work" argument, you need to find a place with near 100% compliance and see what their numbers are.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
yeahbut. Big ass shield. Air gap between you. Seconds of interaction. No need to bother masking at all. It’s a silly requirement and I’m a sometimes mask Nazi here. Lol

We don’t have clinical research to tell how well masks work. But let’s not assume people are getting all sorts of sick at gas stations and Shaws. They are getting sick at parties and such. Spikes happen often after major holidays

You think we are the only people ignoring rules??? Lol

Everything on that site is “this is all a lie.” If they hired a random 3rd party to do research id trust it a whole lot more.

That doesn’t even factor in the fact that some states test their asses off and others don’t. That alone will bring up a higher positive rate.

And some of the places where you see low infections - could be there aren’t a lot of people there that have it in the first place. Look at Sweden. 9 months of nothing. Then a huge spike with no change in the “just stay away and live your lives” policy. Why?

Here is a better way to analyze the data - assume what you believe is wrong. Then find data to prove that. You’ll be more likely to look for cauational instead of correlated results. And go where the data takes you, not where you want to go.

Shields...

Hey...

For 2 or 3 hundred bucks you can get all this on Amazon (yeah, I know - in the unlikely event I try this I'll look for another source)

1610980058255.png 1610980095763.png 1610980191660.png

Except possibly the sword (blade is longer the 1.5"), I wonder if helmets and shields could make a comeback...

Hey, if you pinned the blade into the scabbard would that make it technically legal? Sort of like pinning a sliding stock?

Last edited:

ScottS

NES Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0

In a small informal tracking of over 3000 people, they found 42% correct mask wearing compliance.

'"Only 42% of the people we tracked were wearing masks correctly, 10% were wearing masks incorrectly and 47% were not wearing masks at all."

So even though that's a small sampling, seems like if you want to use the "masks don't work" argument, you need to find a place with near 100% compliance and see what their numbers are.
And how do you do that? If we believe this study, KA, with their draconian mask mandates and penalties, can only drive 42% compliance. Where are you going to find enough "compliant bunnies" to hit a reasonable sample size for a study?

wahsben

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0

If they're all wearing the masks but they're wearing them incorrectly they're still at 100% compliance. As I've stated many times people aren't using the masks correctly and that people tend to be touching and adjusting them on a regular basis making it more likely to contaminate themselves. Also as I've said masks were never considered effective against virus's until last year. Also as I've posted before: personal experience with a nursing home that was locked down from March with not only masking but full PPE usage and sanitation procedures that went from 1 case at lockdown to over 70 within a 3 month period. They are trained in the proper donning and doffing of masks and PPE usage.

dlarge

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Serious question. Why have asians used masks for so long when they're sick etc?
At the very least, it's considered a politeness (an attempt to avoid getting others sick).

As an aside, I really hope to be able to make it back out to Japan. Incredible trip.

hillman

NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
If they're all wearing the masks but they're wearing them incorrectly they're still at 100% compliance. As I've stated many times people aren't using the masks correctly and that people tend to be touching and adjusting them on a regular basis making it more likely to contaminate themselves. Also as I've said masks were never considered effective against virus's until last year. Also as I've posted before: personal experience with a nursing home that was locked down from March with not only masking but full PPE usage and sanitation procedures that went from 1 case at lockdown to over 70 within a 3 month period. They are trained in the proper donning and doffing of masks and PPE usage.
my quote from the article said 47% not complying at all, 10% not correctly, 42% correctly. I'm just saying, using CA as a measure of masks not working is more accurately "Mask mandates don't work", not masks don't work. You would need to have 100% correct application of masks to say whether they work or not, or use a sample of 100% compliance in a group to see whether they work or not. In a group, I mean. Not talking about the efficacy of materials and particle size, etc.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0

Shhhh. You aren't helping with your facts. ;)

Strange that most of Asia has with sick people wear masks. This whole "not until last year" thing is the West. Just because we did something before doesn't mean it's right or their motives weren't "making sure the fewest people got sick or deaded." It might be their motive is "we don't want to incite panic."

I was thinking about this in the shower this AM. I wonder if there is a minor virus they could do lab testing on this. Because using studies in the real world would totally screw this up big-time.

You'd need 4 groups of people to start. Mask-no virus, mask-virus, no mask-no virus and no mask-virus. Then put them together in 4 separate rooms for X time and see how it goes. Then you'd have to test 5 min, 15min, 1hr, etc., See what that does. Sit them around a table together for a long time. But you'd need hundreds to thousands of people to make this test work. Just so you could find out where the sweet spot is.

Of course, you need a minor virus of similar size to the Vid that wouldn't cause massive problems in people. And then convince thousands of people to MAYBE be infected with said virus.

Hard to do. You need a "real world" test in the confines of a lab.

I'd be very interested in that study. As I've said before, I'm not convinced that the masks do as much as Charlie Baker says, but I think they also do a lot more than what people here claim. Maybe after this is all over, there will be a huge study on this from one of the universities. Of course, neither side will listen unless it matches 100% with what they believe. LOL

wahsben

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
That makes a difference if true. I couldn't find a compliance rate for CA. but I'd heard that it was high. This article says that where there are mask mandates compliance is high but again it all depends on where it is and who's being asked or observed. There is lots of conflicting information that's for sure. I forgot to post the article. Study finds mask mandates result in compliance

Last edited:

Climbnsink

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NOW IM REALLY PISSED !! 20 Fkn minutes in line , at the drive threw for a cup of coffee and when I get up there the girl says she won’t serve me until I put a mask on !!! I f***in had this shit ! I’m alone in my truck !!
Let me guess Mary Lous
I would keep going whenever I had time, put in my order, let them make it, drive off if they wouldn't serve me. Waste their product if they are going to be douches. I doubt it's a store policy, more likely 1 bitch.
Mary Lous in Plymouth had a sign to that effect months ago. They served me but gave me the wrong drink, didn't notice til I was on the highway. Haven't been back to see if the sign is still there.
Because they are conformist NPCs.

wahsben

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Shhhh. You aren't helping with your facts. ;)

Strange that most of Asia has with sick people wear masks. This whole "not until last year" thing is the West. Just because we did something before doesn't mean it's right or their motives weren't "making sure the fewest people got sick or deaded." It might be their motive is "we don't want to incite panic."

I was thinking about this in the shower this AM. I wonder if there is a minor virus they could do lab testing on this. Because using studies in the real world would totally screw this up big-time.

You'd need 4 groups of people to start. Mask-no virus, mask-virus, no mask-no virus and no mask-virus. Then put them together in 4 separate rooms for X time and see how it goes. Then you'd have to test 5 min, 15min, 1hr, etc., See what that does. Sit them around a table together for a long time. But you'd need hundreds to thousands of people to make this test work. Just so you could find out where the sweet spot is.

Of course, you need a minor virus of similar size to the Vid that wouldn't cause massive problems in people. And then convince thousands of people to MAYBE be infected with said virus.

Hard to do. You need a "real world" test in the confines of a lab.

I'd be very interested in that study. As I've said before, I'm not convinced that the masks do as much as Charlie Baker says, but I think they also do a lot more than what people here claim. Maybe after this is all over, there will be a huge study on this from one of the universities. Of course, neither side will listen unless it matches 100% with what they believe. LOL
I've posted multiple times through this thread and the other threads lots of information not only on masks but on the PCR tests, how covid deaths are being counted, information about cases etc. but if it's not read or watched you don't have the information . There are scientists/doctors/researchers that have and are questioning the narrative: Danish Mask Study: No Benefit Also: https://newtube.app/TonyHeller/E3Dsxoj

wahsben

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
In general the Asian population is healthier so less likely to have problems. According to this they've had spikes:
Also are they doing anywhere near the testing as we are here? This video about the testing and how previous pandemics were handled compared to this time is worth watching: View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5X97KwFBcw

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
my quote from the article said 47% not complying at all, 10% not correctly, 42% correctly. I'm just saying, using CA as a measure of masks not working is more accurately "Mask mandates don't work", not masks don't work. You would need to have 100% correct application of masks to say whether they work or not, or use a sample of 100% compliance in a group to see whether they work or not. In a group, I mean. Not talking about the efficacy of materials and particle size, etc.

What about the other 1%?!

wahsben

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Maybe after this is all over, there will be a huge study on this from one of the universities. Of course, neither side will listen unless it matches 100% with what they believe. LOL
Independent fact checkers have deemed this to be mostly true. ;) [laugh] It doesn't have to be 100% but close and it has to be done by an independent unbiased source. Is there any such thing available in these times?

Junior314

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

So if you assume this information to be correct how do you ensure 100% compliance. And when you extrapolate that out across the country at what point will people admit masks aren’t a viable strategy?

grrizzly

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone wears face masks indoors in public in CA. I visited LA and So. California in the summer, then in the fall. And I'm in CA right now again. Claims that Californians don't comply with the mask mandates are completely bogus. Sure, they wear masks less outdoors than in Cambridge or Provincetown. But it's easy to be less insane.

hillman

NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Everyone wears face masks indoors in public in CA. I visited LA and So. California in the summer, then in the fall. And I'm in CA right now again. Claims that Californians don't comply with the mask mandates are completely bogus. Sure, they wear masks less outdoors than in Cambridge or Provincetown. But it's easy to be less insane.
google Maskless Indoors LA.... not hard to find crowds of non-compliance.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0

Oh sure. At the crowded store with all sort of mask nazi's watching? Definitely.

Did they wear a mask visiting Aunt Ruth to pick up the Punkin Pie at Thanksgiving??? Did they wear one to say Feliz Navidad to their Grandmama???

That's what they mean by 42%. Not 42% REFUSE to wear masks. 42% don't follow strict protocols. As I've said before, they're probably better off going massless in the store and masking up for the family gathering.

I visited FL back in Sept. They seemed to be pretty masky. I talk with FL clients. Compliance is WAY under what I experienced in the busy touristy areas.

Top Bottom