Called out for not wearing a mask

Climbnsink

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say that I usually just wear my stupid mask - I couldn't be bothered most times to deal with the a-holes who come out of the woodwork when you don't wear one.

I was for the longest time though just wearing the same damn mask all the time - it was one of those white 3M N95 style masks - and the thing was getting really grungy looking. I caught a few people looking at me weird when I wore the thing - but since I'm wearing a mask I don't think they dared question it.

I did get talked to at my son's daycare though a few weeks back. My son is just over 2 years old - and technically he's supposed to be wearing a mask once he gets over 2 years old. The wife and I talked about it before the 2 year mark arrived - and I successfully convinced the wife that the wearing the mask is more of a problem than the disease is. She's already worried about developmental issues - so I just played off of that. So we just keep sending him there with no mask. It took two months before one of the teachers finally broached the subject - and I had already thought out my response.

I basically told her: " I was wondering how long it was going to be before somebody mentioned that". Then I said "look , I've done my research.. wearing a mask has psychological and potential health issues all on it's own. The CDC in fact does not recommend that children under 5 wear a mask. The psychological issue of forcing a young child to wear a mask is something that is solveable, but if oxygen deprivation causes developmental issues - I can't fix that. Plus ...... I'm pretty sure he has already had Covid anyway - he was really sick back in late November/December of 2019 - and it lasted for about a month - he got all of us sick - with the weirdest disease I remember having in quite some time, oh - and whatever it was - he picked it up here at school. So - wearing a mask is I think also potentially just sort of pointless for him at this stage of the game - because I'm pretty sure he's not going to catch it - or spread it. But - if need be I can go get the antibody test to get the proof of that"

The teacher pretty much agreed with me - said she hates wearing the mask all the time - and then let it go. I told her I have no problem with her bringing it up with me - so if she has other concerns just ask. I didn't want to come across as some sort anti mask crazy dick - I just wanted to be forceful in getting across the concept that you're not going to screw up my kid just because of some stupid rules that nobody thought out very well.

So far - that seems to have ended it. It's been at least two weeks now since we had the conversation. I'm pretty sure if the school could have done anything about it - they would have tried to force the issue by now. The only other thing I see happening - is some crazy parent gets all over the school's ass about my kid not wearing his mask. They do send pics out every day - and all the other kids in the class are wearing their masks - it's just my kid that isn't. I'm willing to bet that is going to cause an issue sooner or later. Whatever - I'll just wait til that day comes and see how much they think they can force the issue. In the end - if they really try to force it - we'll just leave. And that is I think - not an idle threat. They are actively promoting they are accepting new kids - which they weren't before - the lockdowns and rules have financially screwed that business model over quite a bit I think. So I do think we have them over the barrel a little.
I disagree. It is the opposite conservatives lose debates because they are always dorking about facts and figures. Rhetorical kill shots win debates, autistic types don't want to or can't understand that but that is how it goes.

Racenet

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's been stories out about how the PCR test gives false results for quite some time now.

Interestingly enough - while visiting my wife's sister over the weekend - she ran into that exact problem. She's a registered nurse , but basically is management now of a large care facility. It's for people who are handicapped mentally - etc. Anyway - one of her responsibilities is to make sure everybody is following Covid protocol, so when somebody tests out positive she's got to inform them they need to quarantine for two weeks and so forth.

So she had two people that she had to tell to stay home and quarantine late last week, because their PCR tests came back saying they were positive. Then - two days later - she gets another call saying that the "machine needed to be recalibrated" - and those two tests were re-run, and that time they found them to be negative.

Sorry - but I have to believe this is happening over and over again.

That whole thing caused a shit-show. First she had to tell two people they're going to be out of work for two weeks - need to quarantine - etc. If they're at home that means EVERYBODY'S routine is screwed up. Everybody is running out to get tested - etc. Then two days later - just as the panic cycle starts to take hold - they get told never mind. Psyche!!!.

And the "authorities" wonder why people are questioning this whole thing.

This is exactly why it is all bullshit! When are people and businesses going to stand up and say enough is enough?

This shit has gone on long enough!

Racenet

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week I went to the dump and you have to stop and tell them what you have because they only allow a certain amount which is 90 gallons for trash, 30 gallons for recycling. He asked what I had and I said 1 30 gal. of recycling and 1 55gal. bag of trash. He said you can't do that, you need to use 30 gallon bags. I said that's ridiculous and he goes I'll let it go this time. There was one of the other people in the office that I'd talked with before and I asked him about it and he said no I can use a 55gal. bag and he talked with the guy and this week I didn't have a problem. I guess he doesn't realize that no matter what size bag you use that if you compact it, it's going to break open and everything will be together anyway.

What exactly is the point of those restrictions? Is that per trip, per day, per week?

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I disagree. It is the opposite conservatives lose debates because they are always dorking about facts and figures. Rhetorical kill shots win debates, autistic types don't want to or can't understand that but that is how it goes.

Except that I wasn't dorking out to rando facts and figures - I was attacking directly the maskhole's assertion that I should be wearing a mask. Going off topic and attacking the maskhole for his assumed belief in all sorts of leftist tyranny - just muddies the waters.

Look - I've done this whole dance multiple times - in person , under pressure - in front of a crowd. The wife has a much more liberal leaning friends than I do - which isn't hard because I have literally zero. We used to go to parties - hosted by this gay couple she knows. One of these guys likes to stir up shit - so inevitably he'd sick one of his leftie friends on me about whatever topic everybody was bitching about at the time. The most epic one was right around the time the Newtown shooting happened and all the anti-gunners were off on another one of their tangents about high capacity mags.

So this guy starts in on me about gun owners, hi-cap mags - and all the rest of it. He made the stupid mistake of saying you can buy machine guns at gun shows and off of Craigslist - that was the first time I handed him his ass that night, by going chapter and verse about EXACTLY what it takes AND what it costs - to buy a machine gun - along with some background history as to why it got there. Then I told him if he still wants to somehow get me to believe his shit - he had better go out and buy himself a machine gun for cheap money and no license - because I'd been trying to do it for like 12 years and haven't been successful yet - that pretty much shut him up.

Then he started in on high cap mags - and I asked him what exactly the point was on banning hi cap mags - and he said it would slow down the carnage or some such stupid thing. I told him that all I had to do to get around a hi-cap mag ban, was buy more 10 round mags - and practice reloading for a day or two. Then I demonstrated how fast I could load a mag into an AR right then and there - and asked him if he wanted to try and run away while I did it - reminding him that a bullet travels far faster than he can run so he's going to have to move pretty fast. I also reminded him that there are literally millions of hi-cap mags out there - so even an outright ban isn't going to change shit , and I detailed that by telling him that I can go and buy NEW high cap mags - that were manufactured 30 years ago - that are still in the plastic - and I can buy them by the caseload, and that even in MA - they're LEGAL.

That pretty much shut his ass up on that one too.

Then he left in a huff. And never came back.

The next time the gay guys had a party - he asked if I was going to be there - and when he found out I was - he declined to attend.

So ..... I'm sorry , but I'm going to say that if you're not making people back down with actual facts and figures - you're simply not doing it right. Changing the argument to something off topic like the maskhole's overall lust for tyranny - is just inviting a retard slapfight. If the fight is going to go off topic - make THEM do it because they're losing - and then beat them on that one too.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I found a website that has a ton of funny masks:

Amusing, but no belly laughs for me. Except for their disclaimer (which is on EVERY mask site):

• Masks sold on TeePublic are for general public use only. They are not intended for use in medical settings and are not designed to prevent transmission of disease.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
For me the common cold would have been picked up in the cube farm at work,
but never bothered to notice it was some particular sicko sneezing and coughing.

Same. I did spend several years commuting to Boston using Commuter Rail and Subway. I picked up plenty of colds and flus at that time. Not so much since I switched to a driving commute (better for blood pressure too). For that matter, other than getting shot that time in December I haven't had so much as a cold since last February or March. And THAT obviously wasn't covid related.

Racenet

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This brings me to another point : Why doesn't my town just sell trash bags at the dump ?

I'll tell you why, because the lefties running the town, who think they're better than everyone else, don't trust the Workingmen at the landfill to handle cash, that's why. :mad:

Wow, that is pretty piss poor of your town. Even our little half horse town sells bags at the dump.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Last week I went to the dump and you have to stop and tell them what you have because they only allow a certain amount which is 90 gallons for trash, 30 gallons for recycling. He asked what I had and I said 1 30 gal. of recycling and 1 55gal. bag of trash. He said you can't do that, you need to use 30 gallon bags. I said that's ridiculous and he goes I'll let it go this time. There was one of the other people in the office that I'd talked with before and I asked him about it and he said no I can use a 55gal. bag and he talked with the guy and this week I didn't have a problem. I guess he doesn't realize that no matter what size bag you use that if you compact it, it's going to break open and everything will be together anyway.

When the truckloads of recycling and truckloads of trash are brought to the central waste management center, as often as not they're dumped into the same pile.

There is absolutely NO common sense, rhyme or reason in waste management. Our ancestors truly did SO much better at recycling because they HAD to.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Maskhole Wins !

Today my errands took me to a grocery store (not my usual supermarket, some third-rate dumpy overpriced affair) outside of my town for the simple reason I had to buy trash bags for my local town dump (there is only one place in town that sells the bags but they are really on the covid Kool-Aid train, so I will not go there).
I asked for 5 packs of bags and was informed that there was a limit of 3 per customer. I said Ok, give me 3 then.

First, you could simply make several consecutive visits to the store, buying 3 packs each visit, 30 seconds apart. It makes zero sense to force you to continuously return to a disease spreading center...

Second, counterfeit trash bags can be had... You may have to scout around, but there are no RFID tags or bar codes on these things... Chances are you can get them for less...

Lastly, you can get those plastic face shields for practically nothing. They don't work, just like the rags most people wear, but they qualify and don't impede breathing at ALL. Buy a pack of those off Amazon and keep it in the car for instances like this where you have no choice.

1610645679757.png

Sadly, they do NOT come with the girl

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
When the truckloads of recycling and truckloads of trash are brought to the central waste management center, as often as not they're dumped into the same pile.

There is absolutely NO common sense, rhyme or reason in waste management. Our ancestors truly did SO much better at recycling because they HAD to.
Ultimately the garbage is shipped to China and thrown into the ocean. Then you take your family on a whale watch or "see the dolphins play" boat ride and are lectured by a clueless marine biology intern about throwing plastic into the ocean !

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Okay, we get it. You are all fine and dandy with them bending you over and just putting the tip in.

Pretty much the only place I wear the stupid mask - is when I go to the grocery store. When I'm outside - no way. I don't care what Baker says.

There's much bigger fights to be had than arguing with every dipshit that comes along in the grocery store, which is a private business BTW - so they can set the rules for entering if they so choose. No shoes, no shirt , no service. I don't remember anybody bitching about that one too much.

Are you telling me you've gone hungry for the last 8 months? Or you just lie like some of the other people here admit to doing - and claim you have a "medical condition" ?

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
To whom ? I still need the town trash bags.

Most people in my lefty loonie town would applaud the store !

There are threads on Next Door dedicated to mask shaming people who walk or run and don't don a mask !

Must be nice to have all that leisure to have your nose constantly in other people's business ...

I was on-Cape back in October and saw this. Just dumbfounded. Again, I'm a "liberal" on this thread. But the levels people were going to was just NUTS. Families headed to the bike path masking up before hopping on their bikes. Seriously????

OK, sure, some of these folks MIGHT be immuno-compromised. But not all of them. No way. No how. Not even most of them. Just the totally panicked.

First, you could simply make several consecutive visits to the store, buying 3 packs each visit, 30 seconds apart. It makes zero sense to force you to continuously return to a disease spreading center...

Second, counterfeit trash bags can be had... You may have to scout around, but there are no RFID tags or bar codes on these things... Chances are you can get them for less...

Lastly, you can get those plastic face shields for practically nothing. They don't work, just like the rags most people wear, but they qualify and don't impede breathing at ALL. Buy a pack of those off Amazon and keep it in the car for instances like this where you have no choice.

View attachment 435800

I'd like to see some guy make economical counterfeit Taunton trash bags with the big-ass logo on it. LOL

Climbnsink

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much the only place I wear the stupid mask - is when I go to the grocery store. When I'm outside - no way. I don't care what Baker says.

There's much bigger fights to be had than arguing with every dipshit that comes along in the grocery store, which is a private business BTW - so they can set the rules for entering if they so choose. No shoes, no shirt , no service. I don't remember anybody bitching about that one too much.

Are you telling me you've gone hungry for the last 8 months? Or you just lie like some of the other people here admit to doing - and claim you have a "medical condition" ?
Can private businesses violate the Nuremberg Code?

Jude Thaddeus

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0

Definitely don't go hungry but haven't seen the inside of a store since July. This is why.

Racenet

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nope, haven't gone hungry at all. Just say "No thank you" when offered a free mask and keep on walking. I pay no attention to that noise. Early on, I would tell other customers where to stick it if they decided to hound me. These days, I just ignore them. Not once, since all this crap started, has any employee from a store came up to me and demand that I wear a mask or leave. Not a single one. The only time an employee came up to me was to ask me if I told a lady to f*** off. I told him that I did and he thanked me.

wahsben

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
This brings me to another point : Why doesn't my town just sell trash bags at the dump ?

I'll tell you why, because the lefties running the town, who think they're better than everyone else, don't trust the Workingmen at the landfill to handle cash, that's why. :mad:
Possibly but if they did sell them they'd probably charge double or more of what they're worth.

wahsben

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
What exactly is the point of those restrictions? Is that per trip, per day, per week?
Up until about several months ago you could bring basically unlimited amounts of trash and recycling and they were open 5 days a week. Now they're open only 2. As to why the town decided it was loosing money and so it put these restrictions in place.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Definitely don't go hungry but haven't seen the inside of a store since July. This is why.

How do you pick out the right avocado or roast???? I think my wife used it once when we got back from vacation and voluntarily quarantined. Otherwise, I wanna feel my own meat. ;). ROFL!!!

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Possibly but if they did sell them they'd probably charge double or more of what they're worth.

Plus they'd have to touch money. They don't want any troglodyte working for hte city to touch money. Hell, the Reservoir Supervisor could NOT even TAKE a check payable to the City of Taunton for a while for a boat permit. You had to drive to the Water Dept in Taunton (Reservoir is in Lakeville, BTW) and drop off the check. Then the nice lady calls the RS to put your sticker on. So he's got to make at least 2 trips, sometimes 3.

With COVID, they straightened that crap right out. Less visits. Less problems. But really stupid in teh past. (We're talking 30-40 permits a year. At some point, SOMEONE gave a bad check - so no one could give the RS a check. All for one dude one year. It used to be in cash. I think it's $15 or something. Not billions or millions or DOZENS of dollars!)

wahsben

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Plus they'd have to touch money. They don't want any troglodyte working for hte city to touch money. Hell, the Reservoir Supervisor could NOT even TAKE a check payable to the City of Taunton for a while for a boat permit. You had to drive to the Water Dept in Taunton (Reservoir is in Lakeville, BTW) and drop off the check. Then the nice lady calls the RS to put your sticker on. So he's got to make at least 2 trips, sometimes 3.

With COVID, they straightened that crap right out. Less visits. Less problems. But really stupid in teh past. (We're talking 30-40 permits a year. At some point, SOMEONE gave a bad check - so no one could give the RS a check. All for one dude one year. It used to be in cash. I think it's $15 or something. Not billions or millions or DOZENS of dollars!)
Actually as far as I know they can take money or at least some form of payment because if you have over the maximum amount allowed there is a charge of like a dollar or two more per bag etc. When it comes to government run things who knows. About the only thing you can be sure of is that it will most likely be screwed up.

Racenet

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Up until about several months ago you could bring basically unlimited amounts of trash and recycling and they were open 5 days a week. Now they're open only 2. As to why the town decided it was loosing money and so it put these restrictions in place.

But, what do the restriction amounts pertain to? Per visit, per day, per week?

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0

View attachment 435800

If you want to look like a retard (I mean, even more of a retard than people already look with a stupid mask), I recommend this, the "ghost shield". I'm not even sure how it stays on your face, looks like it pinches your nose shut. Must be painful:

ghostshield.PNG

wahsben

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
But, what do the restriction amounts pertain to? Per visit, per day, per week?
The restrictions are only twice a week that you can bring your trash/recycling to the dump and it's a limited amount now. 90 gals. of trash, 30 of recycling per week. If you bring lets say 60 on the first day you could bring another 30 the 2nd day it's open. It resets back the following week for those amounts. If you only did 60 the week before you can't add another 30 on the following week. They do allow you to throw away more than the limits but there is an extra charge if you do.

Racenet

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The restrictions are only twice a week that you can bring your trash/recycling to the dump and it's a limited amount now. 90 gals. of trash, 30 of recycling per week. If you bring lets say 60 on the first day you could bring another 30 the 2nd day it's open. It resets back the following week for those amounts. If you only did 60 the week before you can't add another 30 on the following week. They do allow you to throw away more than the limits but there is an extra charge if you do.

Received. It is a weekly restriction.

Bt74

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Dump it on the side of the road.

teamRR

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My choice is to limit my shopping to stores that do not require masks, or at least provide an option where I don't need to wear one, generally it's not hard...

Groceries - Hannaford does my shopping for me and loads them in my trunk. Home depot does the same. My local hardware store is mask free and they win my business with priority. If at all possible I will pay a little more or wait a day for Amazon delivery versus visiting a mask store.

Basically in my mind, if you dislike masks your first option should be avoid businesses who force them on you, support those who don't.

But if I gotta wear one, these are $10 a 50 pack on Ebay and are called "2 layer" but in reality are about 1/2 a layer. You actually breath through them normally like a screen. Perfect if you have no choice, I am sure them being nearly see through annoys the Karen's, but they meet the mask "regulations" everywhere I am aware of. Basically just an ultra cheap thin Chinese knock off surgical mask.

16106595639211843529444345882184.jpg

Top Bottom