• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Called out for not wearing a mask

wahsben

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0

tuna

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
A couple weeks ago, our pastor told us during Wednesday Bible study that there was a guest who came to him and said she wasn't comfortable going to church because no one wore masks. He asked our opinion. He clearly stated he isn't going to enforce a mask edict, isn't sure they work and doesn't think the mask mandate is even legal. He doesn't go so far as to announce the church is mask free, because in case anything happens, he doesn't want it to come back on the Church, and he doesn't want to be known as the Caretaker of the Chief Covid Church of Coos County. We all agreed to do better with masks as we don't want to scare anyone away from Church, even though most of us are in the "masks are stupid" category.
All has been good. We've worn our masks in the church and when we're in close contact with each other, and take them off (I do, some don't) when we're in our seats.
Yesterday, I noticed a woman across the room leave in the middle of the sermon. I've seen her before, they both have that "dirty hippie that looks like the smell of asparagus piss" look to them. About ten minutes later, the husband came in and sat down. After the service was over, he asked if he could speak for a minute. He then began telling us how his wife left early because she's afraid, and couldn't believe that eleven people didn't have masks on (BTW, we were in the majority on this one, it's a small church) and she doesn't feel safe.
To his credit, our pastor handled this very well, telling this twatwaffle that the respect he wants goes both ways, and they should realize that some cannot wear a mask, and some feel that even asking for us to wear one is an infringement on liberty, and he wasn't going to ask the veterans in congregation to go back on their oath before God. Our pastor shut him down as he was yapping about the "pandemic" and said that this needed to be continued in private, not in public. He was pissed, but handled himself much better than I or several members of the church would have. Ironically, since church was over, I was just about to put my mask back on, until he started his fear drivel, so I put my mask back in my pocket and bit my tongue. Our new deacon took him aside and thanked him for speaking his peace, and I resisted the urge to call him an [email protected]@hole as I was leaving.

I'm an adult. I understand compromise, or at least I think I do. A true compromise is both sides get crapped on, but not as bad as it could be, right? Neither side "wins" in a compromise, right? Why don't these clowns get that? This clam was 15 feet away from the nearest person, and 30 feet away from anyone not wearing a mask. Do these idiots want us to wear our masks at home, too? I put the mask on out of respect for others and putting aside my selfishness, it IS church after all. But I guess that's not good enough for them - so screw them, if a compromise won't work, I won't compromise either.

On a positive note, usually after church, we're all hungry, cranky and grouch at each other - but yesterday we all had a common target to direct our hangry at and stood together.

wahsben

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
He then began telling us how his wife left early because she's afraid, and couldn't believe that eleven people didn't have masks on (BTW, we were in the majority on this one, it's a small church) and she doesn't feel safe.
Show her this: Major peer-reviewed study finds masks don't work Also this: View: https://www.amazon.com/Unreported-Truths-About-Covid-19-Lockdowns/dp/1953039073
and also this where it shows they can even make things worse: Data Analysis From 50 States Shows Mask Mandates Don’t Work

Dench

NES Member
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I'm an adult. I understand compromise, or at least I think I do. A true compromise is both sides get crapped on, but not as bad as it could be, right? Neither side "wins" in a compromise, right?

There is no compromise. The mask thing has turned into a "im a hero" starter pack for people who've never done a single thing in their life. This is THEIR time to shine. Anyone who get's in the way of that is a problem - and to be dealt with. Just like in real life, if you had to conduct a literal heroic act, say perform CPR on a person and someone interfered with you, the look you give said interference is the same reaction these people give you for not wearing a mask.

Except, of course, as we all know, the vast majority of masks worn aren't PPE nor are they used correctly.

They want you to bend to their will. You are to be controlled, not worked with.

The irony is there's not a single one here among us who would be against PPE use if it made a glimmer of sense. Here we are now, coming up on a year of colossal public health failure and Kool aide outt he ass and smart people are still falling for the mask thing. Still. At what F'ing point did the MA mask mandate start working? or the CA one?

I've lost my ability to travel freely. I've lost my ability to conduct business as needed. I've lost my ability to perform physical fitness as desired. My children have literally lost all of their public education. If the masks actually worked I'd be the 1st one to champion them. But they don't. And they clearly havent.

NewGuyRay

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
My problem with Faucci is not his qualifications it's his "non political" politics. He grandstands, arguably part of his job, but it's more Faucci story time than science. A lot of what he pushes is not backed up by what happens in the real world, masks being a huge part of that.

When he comes out and says "we are going to have a vaccine soon, don't go being stupid and getting grandma sick as in a few months things will be much different" I do feel that's a valid point. When he says masks save lives and if people aren't wearing them we should mandate it, I feel he is pushing a failed agenda for the sake of consistency - at this point a real scientist would look around and say "based on results, masks aren't working very well".

I believe Dr Faucci has surpassed Aesops in terms of sheer number of fables produced. Listening to Faucci opine on infectious disease (an area where he possesses little useful knowledge) has become akin to taking the kids to the library for story time. The man embodies everything wrong with people who see public service as an escape from the real world. The man is a total fraud and if he possessed the slightest shred of integrity, he would resign and withdraw from public life in disgrace.

Instead, much like our dear Governor Baker, Faucci is drunk on and addicted to the fawning praise of those who live in the Covid right-think echo chamber.

NewGuyRay

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
As for those light blue disposable masks, I was wearing the same one for weeks at a time as I don’t believe in their efficacy and thus don’t take the mask thing seriously. I did eventually develop a nasty sinus infection that I blame on using the same mask too many times, I have since switched to reusable cloth masks I bought on Etsy. I found someone making “performance” masks using a material with a significant degree of “openness” in the weave of the material. Held up to the light, they are fairly translucent but when worn on the face they look less so.

I can breath quite freely through them and no one has called me out on them.

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a positive note, usually after church, we're all hungry, cranky and grouch at each other - but yesterday we all had a common target to direct our hangry at and stood together.
tumbled-drink-coasters-tipsy-dog-donut-sorry-things-said-hungry.jpg

Racenet

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And why is it that not one fudge is given when I walk in a store with my nose hanging out, but they go apeshit if I leave the stupid thing in my pocket?

You can't fix stupid. I hear it all the time, since I have not and will not wear one. Up here in the north country, the wu flu has exploded since the gov pushed the diaper wearing everywhere. Before that, a case here or there, but not much. What a bunch of bullshit this all is.

mikem317

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I remember when you'd see a lot of crucifixes on rearview mirrors dangling from a small chain.

Nowadays those have been replaced by single-use masks.

Eh, just an observation.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
... The irony is there's not a single one here among us who would be against PPE use if it made a glimmer of sense. ...

There are a few out there that would literally prefer to die than wear a "govt required" mask even if your premise were incontrovertibly proven true.

I wear one (inside closed public spaces such as the supermarket) as a path of least resistance. I have bigger issues to fight for.

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My town is at high risk for the Kobe 19 virus...

Google Spam Transcription Service is Here For You Dept.​

AlertsMA
Massachusetts . +18572041900

Hi, the person you're calling is using a screening service from Google,
and will get a copy of this conversation. Go ahead and say your name,
and why you're calling.​

this is town our high risk for coda 19 results of not to be a super
spreader the new year's eve don't go out and party stay home to save
this weight to celebrate the season just to celebrate only with your
household perform travel and follow the state skyline as a reminder
massachusetts has a travel order and if you traveled out of state for
the holidays you must have paid a negative test for quarantine for 10
days upon richer regardless of your test results quarantine for 10 days
is encouraged as a strong safeguard against covenant 19 to protect your
friends and family for more information on the travel order visit
mass.gov forward/travel order i've been seeing might as well be dialing
up to you that is a massachusetts hispanic as well equally business
press two even in solara for certain

if you have cell phones please put elisa terry corbett in massachusetts
please

to see that is we said negative the name of the one i got fever openings
and containers for bias via helicoise independent day

to see that is we said negative the name of the one i got fever openings
and containers for bias via helicoise independent day

amandana

p.m. okay so i'm going to do that myself now forward/travel order press
two to replay this message to one subscribe from future phone
notifications from this organization press zero

press two to replay this message you want subscriber for future phone
notification from this organization press zero

press two to replay this message to one subscribe from future phone
notifications from this organization press zero

this is an important message from the commonwealth of massachusetts for
forwarded out a letter the issue mentioned over the weekend attention
over here

massachusetts town our high risk for kobe 19 results not to be a super
spreader the new year's eve don't go out in party stay home to see this
way to celebrate the season just to celebrate only with your household
goods phone travel and follow the state skyline as a reminder
massachusetts has a travel order and if you traveled out of state for
the holidays you must have painted negative tests for quarantine for 10
days upon return regardless of your test results quarantining for 10
days is encouraged as a strong safeguard against covenant 19 to protect
your friends and family for more of information on the travel order
visit mass.gov forward/travel order i've been seeing most of them
eventually that is the massachusetts is that an applebee's will request
enormous presumbano norfolk give us a call terminal z

car

available next year okay napleton

guess not i prefer the amino acid railroot ford flash travel order

Just to double check. Who's this calling​

<Click>

Climbnsink

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no compromise. The mask thing has turned into a "im a hero" starter pack for people who've never done a single thing in their life. This is THEIR time to shine. Anyone who get's in the way of that is a problem - and to be dealt with. Just like in real life, if you had to conduct a literal heroic act, say perform CPR on a person and someone interfered with you, the look you give said interference is the same reaction these people give you for not wearing a mask.

Except, of course, as we all know, the vast majority of masks worn aren't PPE nor are they used correctly.

They want you to bend to their will. You are to be controlled, not worked with.

The irony is there's not a single one here among us who would be against PPE use if it made a glimmer of sense. Here we are now, coming up on a year of colossal public health failure and Kool aide outt he ass and smart people are still falling for the mask thing. Still. At what F'ing point did the MA mask mandate start working? or the CA one?

I've lost my ability to travel freely. I've lost my ability to conduct business as needed. I've lost my ability to perform physical fitness as desired. My children have literally lost all of their public education. If the masks actually worked I'd be the 1st one to champion them. But they don't. And they clearly havent.
The answer for maskitas claiming the moral high ground if you loved your brother you'd wear a mask in x etc is asking them if the threat is real isn't going to x immoral?

ront02769

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear shite!!! Two texts for me today.....plus a phone call.....to say that we got coronavirus in the state!! Tell those people to get a job!

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear shite!!! Two texts for me today.....plus a phone call.....to say that we got coronavirus in the state!! Tell those people to get a job!
I didn't mark my AlertMA call as Spam because I was afraid it was the State.
But when you think about it, the mitzvah is to mark it as Spam if it is the State.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Went to church today and the pastor said to get rid of mask, we’re no longer pandering to fear. If people don’t like it they can stay home.
Happy New Year

I wish mine would do that. Instead, they are requiring everyone wear masks. We've mostly been skipping church... having trouble being enthusiastic about helping to support the fear.

fencer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I believe the thought process is having that extra layer over your n95 "preserves" the N95 better for repeat uses. Chances are they aren't infected so the inside isnt a concern. It's other people's spit etc in the air that is concerning. So that hopefully lands on the surgical which you dispose of?
Gotta be tough for business for the prostitutes.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Gotta be tough for business for the prostitutes.

From a couple of articles on that topic, sex workers are largely out of work and those that are, are working under more dangerous conditions (not the virus, but "clients" are more violent, forcing the worker not to use condoms or do activities that are a little "out there". The ones that aren't working are not eligible for unemployment (even where such exists)

Kind of surprising to me. I'd think someone that is willing to partake of a prostitute might be a little lackadaisical on the whole "cooties" scare.

Top Bottom