Called out for not wearing a mask

Dench

NES Member
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Bumped into an old "friend" at the supermarket yesterday. He started getting deep into lefty poltics years ago, became unbearable, and naturally dropped from our circle of friends. Well, guy looked like a mess......of course, double masked with an N95.

He was telling me how he WFH now and pities anyone who has to physically go to work. Yet he's more out of shape than ever, looked like he hadn't bathed in a week, and just complained about shit throughout our short convo.

The isolation is clearly breaking these people. Good luck.....mask up and social distance!

It's a well known step that authoritarians take. Leave your friends, family and religion behind and embrace the new lord. The .gov.

Dench

NES Member
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Went for appointment with new PCP in Westford Tuesday, walk in with mask on and receptionist hands me another mask same as the one I was wearing. I just looked at her like WTF? I asked if I was supposed to double mask and she said no. HUH? She told me to remove my mask and replace it with their's. I asked why and she said policy. Their mask was the same as mine. 🤬 Finally see DR and he's all masked up and tries to convince me to get 4th shot. No Thanks and tells me since I was vaxxed with Pfizer vaccine I should get Moderna for 2nd booster. This shit will never end. Since February 2020 I've had routine colonoscopy. hernia surgery, last October and dental work and I lived. 🖕
I hope you ditch that new PCP.

My new one here in FL seems ok. He only mentioned the vaccine once during the initial appointment and has never brought it up again. Last time I saw him he was doing the chin mask thing so it seems like hes pretty fed up with it. Progress I guess.

The other doctor I use here is full blown anti covid 100%. That guy takes the hate to new heights. He's the one that gives out the exemptions. [rofl]

Cap'n Mike

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other doctor I use here is full blown anti covid 100%. That guy takes the hate to new heights. He's the one that gives out the exemptions. [rofl]
The medical profession here in Massholia will never give up masks. You would think they would understand better than anyone how useless they are.

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.6%
71   1   0
The medical profession here in Massholia will never give up masks. You would think they would understand better than anyone how useless they are.
I think that the federal mandate for masks in medical environments was never lifted. And I don't expect this administration to ever lift it.

ScottS

NES Member
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I think that the federal mandate for masks in medical environments was never lifted. And I don't expect this administration to ever lift it.
Took my son to the dentist last week. I was amazed when I called to ask what the policy was, and they told me no masks required. And this used to be one of those "call us in the parking lot and we'll tell you when it's OK to come in" places. Refreshing.

G Port

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I believe in Assachusetts, the state gov't made it a law, or regulation, or whatever. Either way, the medical establishment here just pusses along and gives the patient a hard time

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took my son to the dentist last week. I was amazed when I called to ask what the policy was, and they told me no masks required. And this used to be one of those "call us in the parking lot and we'll tell you when it's OK to come in" places. Refreshing.
Yesterday evening my dentist's phone-from-the-parking-lot policy
saved me the embarrassment of discovering I was a week early
in the waiting room.

the discs between the vertebrae in our spine can become compressed and squishy over time, so you can actually get shorter as you age.
Not to mention dowager's hump.
(Well, some kind of hump).

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0

I have a dentist appt tomorrow... Crap are they gonna still require this nonsense?

Soundwave

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
My damn vet on the Easthampton/Southampton line has one per parent inside at a time for some things but they're still having you wait outside for almost everything. I couldn't even believe it. I couldn't figure out why the door wouldn't open until I read the damn billboard plastered on it. I just needed to pick up meds and they had to drop them in a little basket outside....

G Port

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
in the waiting room.

dowagers, aka kyphotic hump. Particularly affects older women with poor bone density. The spine curves forward (kyphosis).

G Port

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My damn vet on the Easthampton/Southampton line has one per parent inside at a time for some things but they're still having you wait outside for almost everything. I couldn't even believe it. I couldn't figure out why the door wouldn't open until I read the damn billboard plastered on it. I just needed to pick up meds and they had to drop them in a little basket outside....

you should have rubbed one out in the basket and sent it back

NHKevin

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Time to find another veterinarian.

Sauer Grapes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
in the waiting room.

Cushing’s Syndrome/Disease can produce a fatty hump between the shoulders. Too much cortisol is the cause.

tuna

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Our vet in town is like that. Got pissy with me when I went to walk in, so I told her to eff herself. Turns out I’m not the only one who thinks she’s a cnut.
Found a great vet an hour away, shout out to Island Pond vet clinic. Really great people.

amb

NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I have a dentist appt tomorrow... Crap are they gonna still require this nonsense?
FWIW: my dentist in Mass stopped with it at least six months ago. Not the usual "we still have the signs up but nobody cares" but a full-on switch to "masks not required, do what works for you" on the front door and the waiting room is open again.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
FWIW: my dentist in Mass stopped with it at least six months ago. Not the usual "we still have the signs up but nobody cares" but a full-on switch to "masks not required, do what works for you" on the front door and the waiting room is open again.

Fortunately, they did not require it and even had a sign saying masks are up to the patient. And, this is in Keene, too.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
We went to a family gathering for a graduation celebration Saturday. There was a woman there, not sure who she was (neighbor?), maskurbating. When it came time to eat, she would pull it down, shove some food in, then put it back up again.

There was a cousin of my cousin there too, maskurbating, had just bought a Miata that he drove there. I'm sure there is a joke in there somewhere. My wife really wants one now though. I tell her it is a stick shift, but she figured out you can order them in automatic.

Devils Paintbrush

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
My dentist has/had the same policy as of two months ago. I told them I wasn't coming back until the masks go away. They haven't called me back yet.

I think it is asinine to have someone stay in the parking lot until you call, then unlock the door for you to come into the office. Take your temperature, sanitize your hands and then sit in the chair with no mask...there is no point.

Top Bottom