• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Called out for not wearing a mask

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
You had pot videos in the 50's! Wow. I didn't know about pot until I got to Nam in 68. Then it was everywhere. When I got home, everyone was into it. Made me wonder what happened, while I was gone.

No, the 80's. But, the videos looked like they were made in the 50's.

wahsben

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0

G Port

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
had to make a stop at Parkland Hosp in Derry NH yesterday. Walked in the ER, immediately met by someone who told me to put on a mask, and proceeded to hand me one.
Everyone in there had masks on.

My hospital hasn't given up on masks either. Hospitals will be the last to get real. On the one hand, they can make the argument that legit sick people go to hospitals and need some protection. On the other hand, hospitals are generally run by committees of pussies.

For example, the big issue for our CEO in his weekly eblast on Friday was how important Juneteenth is.

Brannigan03

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Attempted to go to lunch with my daughter at Texas Roadhouse today. They have a vaxed = no mask and unvaxed = mask policy. Once they said that I turned around and walked out. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Wtf is wearing a mask from the door to the table going to do anyway?

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Attempted to go to lunch with my daughter at Texas Roadhouse today. They have a vaxed = no mask and unvaxed = mask policy. Once they said that I turned around and walked out. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Wtf is wearing a mask from the door to the table going to do anyway?

All stores and restaurants say that. I have successfully ignored every one of those signs and just walked in anyway. If anyone asks, they don't, I got the live virus vaccine.

wahsben

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
All stores and restaurants say that. I have successfully ignored every one of those signs and just walked in anyway. If anyone asks, they don't, I got the live virus vaccine.
I've been vaccinated many times so if they ask if I've been vaccinated the answer is yes.

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.6%
71   1   0
I've been vaccinated many times so if they ask if I've been vaccinated the answer is yes.
Most places are marked similarly and other than BWH (must wear face diapers anyway), nobody ever asks. I just walk in, unquestioned. We ate at Texas Roadhouse in MA a couple days ago.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My hospital hasn't given up on masks either. Hospitals will be the last to get real. On the one hand, they can make the argument that legit sick people go to hospitals and need some protection. On the other hand, hospitals are generally run by committees of pussies.

For example, the big issue for our CEO in his weekly eblast on Friday was how important Juneteenth is.

ask him why it wasn’t important last year but suddenly is this year. 90% of the country never heard about it until the past week

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
So today I saw a lady maskurbating while riding a horse. It is probably a good idea... lots of horse to human covaids transmissions have happened, I am sure. And in the sun with 90 degree temps, that's gotta be enjoyable.

strangenh

NES Member
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I just visited NJ - masks not required anywhere but medical offices/hospitals - no one in your stuff about it, either. Restaruants, pharmacies, stores, parks, whatever. Nope. No issue. Mind, it is the part of NJ where a hospital receptionist was grousing about the stupid mask rules back in Sept 2020, so, YMMV. I mean, the state bird in that part of NJ is a modified Chevy Nova.

Sure some people wearing them when you're like, "Wait, what, why?" but, hey, people wear Crocs, too.

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just visited NJ ...
Like two ships in the night, man.

Only retail experiences were Begum Palace take-out in Madison on Friday evening.
(And a fill-up at the (full serve, natch) BP on Columbia Tpk. in Florham Park).

Indian restaurant had masked staff,
but virtually no masked customers crossing the threshhold.
Small storefront decorated to the nines.
About 2/3rds full, and plenty of take-out traffic.

And I hit one estate sale (in Florham Park).
No mask requirement indoors
(and the sellers weren't masked).

This is in marked contrast to the 3-4 estate sales I hit around Toms River/Brick
on Memorial Day Friday. There, the yard sales were unmasked,
but the indoor (estate) sales were all hard-masked.

I'm not gonna blame some bereaved family
from not wanting strangers blowing snot rockets
on their late parents' belongings,
especially if the estate sale agents claim it's their policy.
The market will straighten that out if the evidence of their lying eyes doesn't.

And the garage sale sellers down the Shore were the happy medium:
"Some (but not all) of us sellers will wear masks in our garage, but you do you".

Same goes for the Army/Navy store in Seaside.
(Still can't figure out whether the old guy was the owner,
or just some customer who hangs out to chat up the young lady cashier [rofl]
).

tuna

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm changing my mind, maybe masks should continue to be worn.

Just had a woman come in to my office, I've talked to her for about a year now. Absolutely gorgeous eyes.

Without her mask, she could make a train take a dirt road. WOW, I did not expect that smile - looks like a broken and rusty rake.

Nice personality, still would hit.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Hospitals care so much, you see nurses wearing their scrubs out eating and in the subway. The same scrubs they either just wore for an entire shift or will be wearing for a shift around patients.

I dont understand why no one sees why that is messed up.

I asked about this to a nurse once. Her answer: "we don't have lockers at the hospital".

G Port

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hospitals care so much, you see nurses wearing their scrubs out eating and in the subway. The same scrubs they either just wore for an entire shift or will be wearing for a shift around patients.

I asked about this to a nurse once. Her answer: "we don't have lockers at the hospital".

the use of scrubs is mostly theatre anyways, like masks. My regularly laundered street clothes are just as sterile as the crap coming out of an industrial laundry. Not to mention the plethora of non sterile junk in an or; case carts, c arms, anesthesia stations, etc.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Wow, great point.

Where is this post office?

paul73

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we stopped by to pick up some stuff at the bagel shop on the plaza in medfield yesterday - it was surreal, looks like a good 50% of the population there is still all masked up. if not more than 50%. so odd.

Top Bottom