Callaghan's Closing

Richard was at the Standish Sportsman's show with a table selling all his ammo at a 20% discount, He said that he would be closing his shop at the end of the spring.

It will be sad to see him go. I liked to stop in and he always had a great story about gun politics in Mass. A nice place to stop after the Marlboro show.

Dick is a good guy. But IIRC he commutes from Weymouth to Marlboro everyday.

He's earned a bit of R&R in his life.

It was a good place to do a transfer and I liked the old gun shop atmosphere; a few old guys sitting around in arm chairs with some pipe or cigar smoke.
Limited hours recently, figured he was winding it down...

don't know where callaghan's is. i'm guessing some sparsely populated area in the western part of the state or this thread would have lit up otherwise. i hate to see the demise of any gun shop but sometime one gotta move on and enjoy the rest of their life. i wish him the best.

Alot of places are closing up. I think gunshop owners are getting tired of the BS involved with it, and its getting worse.

Alot of places are closing up. I think gunshop owners are getting tired of the BS involved with it, and its getting worse.

Except Richie loved the BS and knew exactly to work with the system.

However, having Cabela's plus several other FFL's within 30 minutes had to make it tough for business.

Closing in May.

Except Richie loved the BS and knew exactly to work with the system.

However, having Cabela's plus several other FFL's within 30 minutes had to make it tough for business.

Closing in May.
No doubt! But i hope your cabelas and basspro are far better than ours. Bunch of clueless rats.

When my son was ~12, he was an accomplished Trap shooter (beat adults regularly). Some gun shops didn't want him in the place, 'cuz kid."

At Callaghan's, he asked if he could look at something or other. "Sure."

We sat in the BS chairs for a bit with some random other customers (visitors?), and shot the breeze for a bit. Not many places can you do that.

Back
Top Bottom