• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Callaghan Firearms Sales-Marlborough

Callaghans Firearms sales,Marlborough

Has Anyone gone to Callagahns in marlborough? He is at 7 Mechanic street unit 2 rear. Real nice guy, got a lot of Black powder accessories,Large ammo selection. He will order anything Mass compliant if he does not have it for you. He is fair on what he pays for used guns if you need to get rid of some , or he will sell them on consingment.I shop there over K&R,nicer guy and better prices.

I went there once to pick up some black powder supplies. Nice enough guy, and had a good selection of stuff (though no powder itself). Looked briefly at his other stuff, wasn't all that impressed with what he had in the shop. It looked like a lot of low end shotguns and old rifles. Didn't really give any of it more than a quick glance though.

I've been buying from Richie for years. Check for other Callaghan's threads in this forum. Richie gets some interesting stuff in at times, and he'll order whatever you want... and he doesn't mark it way up, either.

Callaghan deals in a lot of used guns and has a good customer base, so a lot of stuff does not sit long. If you are looking for something specific and you leave your name and number he might find something for you. I know I have been in several times when things came in only to see them go right back out the door. You have to check with him weekly. As far as new guns , he is great about ordering stuff and he does not jack the price up like others. The main thing is he is strait forward and honest. and from what I have heard gives a fair deal when he buys from people. I have seen Ak's and AR's from time to time but thats not his thing so they are priced well and sell fast. He does a lot of gun shows.

Callaghan Firearms Sales

Had a great experience with Richard from Callaghan sales (www.cal-firearms.com)

I needed some 9mm for a class i'm taking and needed to get it ASAP so I would have it in time. He was good enough to stay open late and wait for me so I could pick it up and have it on time. Good prices on the 9mm too, some cool stuff in the show room as well, def worth checking out. He's over in Malborough.

+1 from me! [grin]

I have dealt with Rich for years. Definitely one of the nicest guys around. He is also very knowledgable and very politically active.
If you are going to transfer in any sort of mass compliant gun, he is a definite go to guy!

Another positive note for Richie. He's ordered cases of ammo or me in the past -- not since the run-up started.

Stopped in there today. He's got some used .22's in - a 10/22 for $135, a Marlin 60 for $85 and a Springfield bolt-action tube-fed .22 for short money (forget the number). He's also got some Greek 30-.06, it looks like, too.

Tell him I sent you. [wink]

Does his new place smell like an ashtray too? I bought a few things from him over the years (from his old location) but stopped going in because everything in the store smelled like smoke.

I had a buddy buy a treestand from him that he couldn't get the smell out of, and finally sold it at a yard sale because he couldn't hunt with it

I've been there quite a few times, and don't recall any smoking. Besides, if Ross shops there, you know it's smoke-free [grin]

Nice shop, friendly service

Does his new place smell like an ashtray too?
It's not as bad as it was, but he's got some old guy who is there most of the time who has apparently never heard about not being able to smoke in stores, etc. I tend to not stay real long if Senor Smokestack is there. Richie, however, doesn't smoke any more.

if Ross shops there, you know it's smoke-free
Alas, would that it were true. I just try to stay away from Senor Smokestack.

Callaghans got ammo

After several attempts at Walmart to find some ammo, I was in at Callaghans , he got in a boat load of ammo. got every thing except 380. he even had 10mm.

I just purchased a fantastic condition Gen 2.5 Glovk 20 from Callaghan Firearms today. Richard was great to deal with, very friendly, and chatted with me for a while about just about everything gun related. I was tipped off by an NES member that this gun was on consignment there and I had been looking, so called and he took an immediate deposit over the phone. I will definitely shop there again!

I stopped in today. Talked for awhile. Nice shop. He'll be at Holbrook show. I picked up a High Standard Flite-King Deluxe 12 GA. Very nice shape for short money.

Has anyone seen Richie in his store in the last few months? Every time I stop by, it's closed.

I know his health wasn't the best so I hope nothing's happened to him.

I was in a couple of weeks back. Richie apparently had open heart surgery a few weeks ago and will be out for most of the summer if not all of it. I don't recall the name of the guy who was there, but he had some slightly revised hours. I'm pretty sure I wrote down the actual hours on a business card. I can shoot you a PM when I get home.

Good news!!

I stopped by today on the way home; figured I'd pass some get well wishes to Richie through whoever was covering for him... and I walked in and saw the man himself. Bit thinner, moves a bit slower, but it was his first full day back. So that's good to know.

I celebrated by buying some ammo and some caps for my .44. [smile]

BTW... he's got some funny stories about his surgery.

Good news!!

I stopped by today on the way home; figured I'd pass some get well wishes to Richie through whoever was covering for him... and I walked in and saw the man himself. Bit thinner, moves a bit slower, but it was his first full day back. So that's good to know.

I celebrated by buying some ammo and some caps for my .44. [smile]

BTW... he's got some funny stories about his surgery.

Good to hear. Thanks.

+1 For Richie

Richie is great. A real character and a stand up guy. Honest and to the point. Great little shop and he doesn't mind sitting down and BS'ing. Great guy.

Richie is a good guy. Every time I've been in there he's got an audience of locals shooting the breeze. It kinda reminds me of Floyd's Barber Shop on the Andy Griffith show.

Just stopped by tonight. Picked up some 7.62x54r for $6.75/brick. I called ahead and he even offered to stay open late to accommodate me -- I made it there in plenty of time, but still great service.

Richard helped me with the transfer on my new Windham AR this week.
Took me a few tries to get in there as his hours are limited but we got it done efficiently and friendly for $25.
Bought some 9mm range ammo also. Not too much on the shelves...

Now that Tite Group is gone ($40 transfers) I will be using Richard as my go to for transfers.

Back
Top Bottom