• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

***CALL TO ACTION*** YOUR CHANCE TO GET INVOLVED.

In the days and weeks following Sandy Hook, the out cry and desire for gun owners to "do something" was immense. Everyone felt as though our rights were mere hours from being absolutely trounced upon. Alas, several months have gone by and it seems as though we are in the clear, but I can promise you, we are not, in fact, we are just about to get the brunt force of the perfect storm that has been brewing since December.

For several months, we (Its Time 2A) and others have been doing our best trying inform everyone of whats coming down the pipe, and what we are about to face. Now is your chance to get more involved and be part of the push back.

ItsTime2A needs you to be an ambassador
We will be holding an Ambassadors Mobilization Meeting at
9:30am on Sunday, June 16th. If you are willing and able to attend and
become an Ambassador to your community please RSVP to
[email protected] get more details.

Those who wish to reduce or eliminate your Second Amendment rights have been, at least temporarily, blocked on the national level, but they’re
still pushing on the state and local level with a new round of farcical public hearings’ on ‘gun safety’ planned to start the process next week. This
is a fight we need to win unless we want to see Massachusetts follow New Jersey, New York, and Connecticut into an ever-tightening strangle hold of
regulations and restrictions. We need a well-informed, well-connected community of advocates to resist this effort at every turn. That's why we
need ambassadors in every gun club, gun store, internet forum, and community.

Please join us Sunday morning to meet the ItsTime2A.org team, learn more about the ambassadors program, and make some specific plans to mobilize the community of people who care about the Second Amendment to counter the renewed assault on our rights. At the meeting, we’ll:

-Talk about the responsibilities of the Ambassadors to inform their local community of important efforts by our friends and our opponents
-Provide you with resources to reach out to others
-Make some specific action plans to counter the upcoming round of anti-gun public meetings and the legislation that will follow on its heels.
-Put in place a general communications plan to keep everyone “in the loop” with what’s happening locally and across the state.

This is your way to make sure your local community is informed and involved in fighting actions that could infringe their rights. It is also your way
to draw attention and get help from the larger ItsTime2A.org community when you’ve got a struggle with your own local politicians. To borrow a phrase,
now is a time when we must hang together or we will surely hang separately.

Again, if you can attend, please RSVP to [email protected] for
directions and more information. If you have previously responded last week with interest in being an ambassador, an email will follow in the next 24hours with details and invite

You might get more people on a day other that Father's day ....

Still, best of luck

Understood, but we don't have time to wait considering the date of the hearings. This is a couple hours out of the day, the consequences that could follow should we not act are quite dire.

I'm livid I'll be out of state until July and missing these. Good luck guys keep us posted!

Good spokespeople forbour cause are key!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

There will be 5 public hearings around the state and 1 at the state house in September. We need to be geared up.

On tap will be help with letter writing. We would love to walk into the state house with a foot high of written testimony opposing the proposed gun bills.

As important as the prior rallies were, thee hearings a more important. We need to have as many people or more at each of these. Fire up the busses and the pens...

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...ty-meeting-6-11-ma_proposed_gun_laws-copy.jpg

Apparently this sheet was what was handed out at the BEdford meeting. Very one-sided and meant to mislead middle of the road people who know nothing about guns to support Deval/Creem/Linsky.

We need a similar handout that explains exactly what these proposed bills are doing: making legally held property automatically illegal, confiscation, preventing lower income/working class from exercising their right to any legitimate use of firearms, permit insurance companies to authorize their own requirements for licenses that will make it all but impossible to issue, etc etc etc

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...ty-meeting-6-11-ma_proposed_gun_laws-copy.jpg

Apparently this sheet was what was handed out at the BEdford meeting. Very one-sided and meant to mislead middle of the road people who know nothing about guns to support Deval/Creem/Linsky.

We need a similar handout that explains exactly what these proposed bills are doing: making legally held property automatically illegal, confiscation, preventing lower income/working class from exercising their right to any legitimate use of firearms, permit insurance companies to authorize their own requirements for licenses that will make it all but impossible to issue, etc etc etc
Good point...

You are correct. Harvard Sportrmens Club. Let's all do what we can. Even if you can't make it Sunday, write a letter and be heard at one of these public hearings.

ItsTime2A needs you to be an ambassador
We will be holding an Ambassadors Mobilization Meeting at
9:30am on Sunday, June 16th. If you are willing and able to attend and
become an Ambassador to your community please RSVP to
[email protected] get more details.

We will also update on legislation and help with letter writing. Anything you need, let us know. I wasn't born an activist but they made me one and I am learning as I go!

If any of you plan on testifying, it might be worth posting the text or outline here for review.

I agree. We won't be able to attend on Father's day but we do plan on attending the hearing down here at Cape Cod Community College on 6/19. Is it possible to collaborate talking points so that we could all hand out the same sheet? Be a united front.

To say I'm a bit disappointed in the interest and response to this would be an understatement. I really hope people are aware how important and somewhat dire the situation is here with regards to the legislation heading down the pipe

To say I'm a bit disappointed in the interest and response to this would be an understatement. I really hope people are aware how important and somewhat dire the situation is here with regards to the legislation heading down the pipe

I agree. This is the real battle. The rallies were great and all but relatively meaningless compared to these.

Is this a Massachusetts-specific organization?
I don't want to put words in their mouth, but yes.

It's Time 2A

Q: Are you a branch or part of the NRA/Second Amendment Foundation/etc.?
A: No, we are not associated with any other local or national organization, though many of our members may also be members of those groups. We are a group of firearms owners in Massachusetts who saw how gun owners were being demonized in the media and were divided within our own community. We have decided to do something about that. We are dedicated to organizing fellow firearms owners and our allies who believe in personal liberty, to be active and visible in our communities and nationally. Our goal is to demonstrate to the nation that not only is firearms ownership much more common than some may believe, but that it is also a very positive thing.

Back
Top Bottom