Call Senators & Representatives about H3991

Hi may I speak with an aide to NNN, please?

Hi my name is AAA and I live in BBB. I understand that NNN doesn't represent me per se, but I'm calling because he/she is a member of the Joint Committee on the Judiciary.

I'm calling to ask NNN to oppose bill H3991, most commonly known as the “One Gun a Month Bill”.

The premise of the bill is that the lawful gun owners of Massachusetts, of which I am one, are responsible for the illegal gun trade in the Commonwealth.

In fact at the public hearing held by the Joint Committee of the Judiciary on Thursday, June 21, 2007, while reading his statement to the Committee, Lt. Governor Tim Murray remarked, that the intention is to reduce the supply of illegal guns by shrinking the supply of legal guns.

During his testimony, the Lt. Governor was joined by Kevin Burke (Secretary of Public Safety), Middlesex District Attorney Gerard Leone and Kurt Schwartz, (Undersecretary of Law Enforcement and Fire Services). When questioned by a member of the committee about what evidence they had to support the implication that lawful gun owners were involved in the illegal gun trade, no one on the panel could provide an answer.

To date the Governor’s office has been unable to present any evidence that suggests or proves that the lawfully licensed gun owners of Massachusetts, of which I am one, are in any way responsible for the illegal activities of criminals.

There is nothing in this legislation that addresses the acts of criminals dealing in illegal firearms and that is why I am asking NNN to vote against this bill.

List of members of the Judiciary Committee here: http://www.mass.gov/legis/comm/j19.htm

If you also choose to send e-mail, and snail mail, which is what I did...

If you have word, then you're more than welcome to use this to create a mail merge.

It's comma delim, but I can't attach an xls file. So import it into Excel and then go from there.

Attachments

• Joint Committee on the Judiciary Members.txt
    2 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom