Call Rosenberg , DeLeo today!

Jen is your Senator. Nikki Tsongas is listed as a Federal Rep.

Use https://malegislature.gov/People/Search to find yourMA reps.

Not sure my post went through earlier.

I called both numbers as well as being in regular communication with Jen Flannigan , my Rep who's for us. Deleo's picked up the phone and a nice woman took my call. Rosenberg, I had to press 0 to leave a message.

I think my other "rep" for zip 01420 is Nikki Tsongas. Nuff said there.

Well, you can stop making calls, see other threads.

It's a new day.

Mike, do you really believe that there is no use in calling again today (Sunday)?

I was told that they have 100 vetoes by Baker to override and that is THEIR priority. It sounds like "they are done" after that.

Any sliver of hope we can change leadership minds if we keep hammering them that this is a "due process" issue, not a gun issue and that it shouldn't be necessary for someone to be convicted of a felony and wait 5 years for a court ruling to correct this travesty!

'Copycat' weapon crackdown: Mass. House Speaker Robert DeLeo says Attorney General Maura Healey's assault weapons move likely heading to court

BOSTON –Massachusetts House Speaker Robert DeLeo shut the door on debating gun legislation this weekend, saying lawmakers won't take up bills in reaction to Attorney General Maura Healey's crackdown on 'copycat' assault weapons. The legality of her move will likely end up in court, he said.

Lawmakers are at the State House on Saturday and Sunday in a last-minute scramble to send legislation to Gov. Charlie Baker's desk before adjourning formal sessions for the year and focusing on the campaign trail and their individual districts.

"There's no possible way we could have an issue such as a gun debate be debated and acted upon within two days," said DeLeo, D-Winthrop, as gun rights activists knocked on lawmakers' doors in a bid to get them to take up bills stripping Healey of her authority over gun regulations.

http://www.masslive.com/politics/in..._weapon_crackdown_mass.html#incart_most-read_

There is no doubt about her timing to take advantage of the end of the session and give other legislators cover from addressing this.

Dereliction of DUTY

"There's no possible way we could have an issue such as a gun debate be debated and acted upon within two days," said DeLeo, D-Winthrop.

It does not have to go to court, the Legislature has the power to RESCIND the AG decision and establish the RULE of LAW and Restore the Separation of POWERS.

As Bill Bellichick says “Do your Job” Everyone has a job to perform to the best of their ability. The Legislature job is to Legislate. You are not doing your job if you punt when you’re the Quarterback. You are not doing your job when you say it is for the courts decide. She overstepped her authority and took away your power and responsibility, the Legislature should MAN UP and WOMAN UP and Stand up for the legislatures rights and the rights of your constituents.

Thank you all of you that support DUE PROCESS and for those that don’t, I know I am asking a lot but don’t be a hypocrite when someone oversteps their power on something you support.

Last edited:
Calling, getting vm, leaving messages.

DeLeo's comments made in that article were interesting. He will not say that it within her authority and that she did not overstep bounds. Doesn't make him any less of a sleaze but it's interesting. The party line is that it's within her purview to do this.

Back
Top Bottom