• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Call Gov Baker now -617-725-4005 - AG Healey re writing definition of AWB

Called. Explained how the AG overreached and how her edict flies in the face of SCOTUS's Heller Decision. Reminded aide that I worked the phones for him last election and that half a million gun owners/voters could use some help from his office. He will be remembered at election time by us.

Got a "thank you."

That "thank you" amounted to him stating that he both supports the move and the assault weapons ban. The reason he's in office is because we were tired of these strong arm tactics and we've been rewarded with him jumping on the Democratic bandwagon.

Just called, by the way this is a great way to cost them time and money, if the phones are ringing off the hook they can't think they have no time to do anything else.

Keep calling

I also mentioned if the Governor will be at the State House tomorrow, could be come out and say hi, there will be several of us there

Hey, another thing.

My phone gave me an article from the NRA talking about this the other day. Went and sent them a message basically saying that if they left us twisting in the wind like they usually do, then I will be trying to work with my range for an exemption from the membership rule, with the money going to GOAL instead.

How about some pressure on the NRA to ****ing DO something to support us for a change?

Called again. That's twice a day now. Damn near got the number memorized.

Keep it up!

Done. Talked with Nick he said the governor is urging the AG to proceed with clarification. I asked if the Governor supported putting this before the legislature as the petition from the legislatures asked? Nick apologized but he said he did not have a response on that from the governor but that he knew the Gov was considering something.

Not alot of substance there but it does sound like we are doing alot of calling. Nick was only one of many taking calls. He said he was noting everyone.

Called again and the staffer said Baker is taking a tally of the calls to work how to move forward, i.e. a lick your finger and stick it in the air approach to governing!

Called and said I thought I had voted Republican in the last election but I must have slipped because it seems I voted for Coakley.

Keep calling.

"The letter was a start, what is the Gov. going to do now? Doing nothing leaves us in legal limbo."

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Done. Talked with Nick again. It seems the Gov is defintetely not happy with a ll the pressure. Nick even suggested that I make sure to call my State Rep and Jim Dwyer (he is on board) State Senator Donelley ( Firmly against)

bump.... the aid sounded frustrated as hell at 430p when i called.

reminded him that baker won by only 2% and that mass is 12.5 % republican. " i encourage GOV baker to take a stand on this issue so that i will know if i can vote for him again in good conscience"

Back
Top Bottom