Call for ban on 'bump stocks'

At this point, ramping up production would be a huge gamble.

That's my take on it.

I have no doubts that they're going to be facing major lawsuits down the road; so massive that a company that size
will be buried.

I can just imagine how the media and lawyers would take advantage of that... 'These people are so callous and uncaring that
after the worst mass murder in modern American history, instead of voluntarily halting sales of their product, they ramped
up production'.

Yup. It's called a mag dump. Pretty soon they will out law that also.

Going to see it written into law that a person may pull the trigger on a semi-auto no more than once every 10 seconds. Because I couldn't possibly dump 10 rounds down range with a lever, pump, or bolt action firearm that fast. [rolleyes]

Linskey has a LONG history of introducing gun bills that never go anywhere because they are too extreme and not well thought out from a strategy and logistical point of view.

Even among moonbats he's considered a moobat.

He's the one that introduced the bill that would have required all gun owners in mass to store their guns at a gun club....and have a state police officer present at all gun ranges when people are shooting.

That mother****er hates freedom.

I don't yet have my LTC but have been looking into it. I was thinking last night, couldn't anyone just repeatedly pull the trigger and spray a crowd with a semi automatic rifle even without a bumpstock?

Hold on....you've been a registered user on NES since June 2016.......still don't have an LTC.......and thats the question you ask?

Wtf

unfortunately for MA, bumpfire stocks and tac con triggers in MA.. will be the sacrificial lamb because i can see people compromising in MA to keep their pre-ban mags to stave off the eventuality of MA becoming California .. which sucks..

i cannot wait to get out of this state . moving shit the second this bill passes out of state.

Don't care at all about bump stocks. If banning them is the bone we need to throw I'm down. Ill take lower taxes in exchange for banning some non sense that Ill never buy any day.

Don't care at all about bump stocks. If banning them is the bone we need to throw I'm down. Ill take lower taxes in exchange for banning some non sense that Ill never buy any day.

Ok fudd.....go back to your side by side shotty and shoot a round o trap and skeet

Have not seen this in this thread yet. According to Rush Limbaugh bump stocks were authorized by the ATF during the Obama administration.

Is that true?

Gun owners rush to buy bump stocks as Congress eyes crackdown
Retailers and manufacturers are seeing an apparent surge in interest in so-called bump stocks as Congress eyes a possible crackdown on the type of device allegedly used by the Las Vegas shooter.

Slide Fire, which makes bump stocks, announced on its website it is suspending new orders, with a message indicating the company’s supply is low. Another site that sells the company’s products said in a message online that the device is “out of stock” and backordered.

Bump stocks reportedly have stopped being offered by retailers like Cabela’s as well, at least for now.

This comes as Republicans and Democrats alike discuss the possibility of banning the products.

The devices can be used to effectively convert semi-automatic rifles to fire so rapidly as to simulate an automatic weapon. The devices were found on guns used by Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock, who killed 59 and injured hundreds Sunday night.

Bump stocks are legal and originally were intended to help people with limited hand mobility fire a semi-automatic without the individual trigger pulls required. They can fit over the rear shoulder-stock assembly on an automatic rifle and with applied pressure cause the weapon to fire continuously, increasing the rate from between 45 and 60 rounds per minute to between 400 and 800 rounds per minute, according to California Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s office.

Continues...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...y-bump-stocks-as-congress-eyes-crackdown.html

You mean to tell me, something positive happened under Obama's term in office? [shocked]

Seriously though, I've read the 'it was approved while Obama was in office' thing a few times already.

I really don't get the purpose or point of going down that road, it's not like he personally asked the ATF to
approve it, had any knowledge that bump fire stocks even existed or that he personally reviewed any ATF
decisions.

Last edited:
You mean to tell me, something positive happened under Obama's term in office? [shocked]

Seriously though, I've read the 'it was approved while Obama was in office' thing a few times already.

I really don't get the purpose or point of going down that road, it's not like he personally asked the ATF to
approve it, had any knowledge that bump fire stocks even existed or that personally reviewed any ATF
decisions.

SO... it's Obama's fault. I thought Bush did it.

approve it, had any knowledge that bump fire stocks even existed or that personally reviewed any ATF
decisions.

Its like the proverbial clock that shows the correct time 2x/day.....unless you've been abducted by aliens and sent back in time totally intoxicated

Gun owners rush to buy bump stocks as Congress eyes crackdown
Retailers and manufacturers are seeing an apparent surge in interest in so-called bump stocks as Congress eyes a possible crackdown on the type of device allegedly used by the Las Vegas shooter.

Slide Fire, which makes bump stocks, announced on its website it is suspending new orders, with a message indicating the company’s supply is low. Another site that sells the company’s products said in a message online that the device is “out of stock” and backordered.

Bump stocks reportedly have stopped being offered by retailers like Cabela’s as well, at least for now.

This comes as Republicans and Democrats alike discuss the possibility of banning the products.

The devices can be used to effectively convert semi-automatic rifles to fire so rapidly as to simulate an automatic weapon. The devices were found on guns used by Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock, who killed 59 and injured hundreds Sunday night.

Bump stocks are legal and originally were intended to help people with limited hand mobility fire a semi-automatic without the individual trigger pulls required. They can fit over the rear shoulder-stock assembly on an automatic rifle and with applied pressure cause the weapon to fire continuously, increasing the rate from between 45 and 60 rounds per minute to between 400 and 800 rounds per minute, according to California Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s office.

Continues...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...y-bump-stocks-as-congress-eyes-crackdown.html

They're asking insane prices on Gun Broker right now...

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=slide+fire&Sort=13

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/704772921

Someone is going to feel awful foolish paying $500.00+ for $30.00 worth of plastic and a ban doesn't happen...

Or

Paying $500.00+ for $30.00 worth of plastic, a ban is enacted, and they're sitting on a federal felony charge for a
shits and giggles item that in all likelihood they'll never be able to use and risk being caught.

They're asking insane prices on Gun Broker right now...

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=slide+fire&Sort=13

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/704772921

Someone is going to feel awful foolish paying $500.00+ for $30.00 worth of plastic and a ban doesn't happen...

Or

Paying $500.00+ for $30.00 worth of plastic, a ban is enacted, and they're sitting on a federal felony charge for a
shits and giggles item that in all likelihood they'll never be able to use and risk being caught.

Hook your thumb in your beltloop, hold your foregrip tightly, and go to town. No modifications necessary.

Next up - Feinstein outlaws beltloops and rubber bands....

Here is where things get tricky form a tactical point of view.

Suppose we have a chance to kill a bill that has all sorts of other bad stuff in it by brokering a deal where the only thing banned in the bump stock.

Assume further that sentiment is that the really bad bill will be passed if we do not negotiate a watered down bs only bill.

Should we make the deal or stand on principle knowing that we will, with virtual certainty, face a bigger loss?
$600 WTF!
That will look like a bargain if these become legal but federally grandfathered. This must be balanced against the risk of a state ban, as well as against the risk of a no-grandfather BATFE ruling.

As for me - if I was interested, I would have bought one long ago.

Should we make the deal or stand on principle knowing that we will, with virtual certainty, face a bigger loss?.

No offence but thats classic battered mass gun owner thinking at its best.

We control the entire federal legislature

In recent years we've dethroned a bunch of powerful establishment douches across the nation including the recent Alabama primary which defeated McConnell's massengil douch Sen Strange.

Now you think we should "Compromise" or face something worse?

We dont need to give up anything

We need to make it clear to reps/sens and trump that any new gun control shenanigans WILL result in their immediate retirement in the next primary/election

Never ceases to amaze me how battered mass/progressive state gun owners allow the MINORITY PARTY to dictate what legislation will be discussed/passed

Suppose we have a chance to kill a bill that has all sorts of other bad stuff in it by brokering a deal where the only thing banned in the bump stock.

Assume further that sentiment is that the really bad bill will be passed if we do not negotiate a watered down bs only bill.

Should we make the deal or stand on principle knowing that we will, with virtual certainty, face a bigger loss?
I, for one, don't think the plan of many to throw bump stocks under the bus (in MA or nationally) is going to slow down the lefty antis who smell blood in the water and a "great opportunity" that may not come again for them soon with Trump's SCOTUS opportunities coming along. [thinking]

I also think that if bump stocks are going to be banned, the BATFE will simply be forced to reverse their stand. Easy peasy. It will only happen differently (on the national level) if the leftist Dim Pols & MSM want a great public legislation victory and celebration so they can crow about it [thinking]

Here is where things get tricky form a tactical point of view.

That will look like a bargain if these become legal but federally grandfathered. This must be balanced against the risk of a state ban, as well as against the risk of a no-grandfather BATFE ruling.

As for me - if I was interested, I would have bought one long ago.

I was thinking of the MA legislature.

Yeah if the MA Legislature banned bump stocks but shat upon Healey and her interpretative opinion in the form of a law that made her actions permanently and irrefutably incompatible with the legislation on the books, then yeah I am not going to run around calling it a loss.

If she cried on TV and quit her job on the spot then it would be a win and I would chip in for the finest parade of unicorns the fantasy land had ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom