• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Call for ban on 'bump stocks'

Sarcasm or not, most gun control laws don't actually prevent any action they just add a consequence and the impression of action. If bump fires are the sacrificial lamb that get us past this shit show I can live with that. I well understand the slippery slope of regulation but I have a real hard time defending this one. Sometimes you have to give up a piece so you don't lose the whole board. These things on the best day are just an amusement and this sure isn't the best day.

eta- whoops, just saw this was posted earlier in the thread.

http://www.guns.com/2013/11/07/illustrated-guide-gun-control/

Last edited:
I'll ask again of the grabbers (rhetorical question) Why is it always the GUN and never the GUY? No other means of slaughtering people is ever viewed this way. Trucks, bombs, knives, poisonous powders, etc. etc. etc. The only inanimate object they access blame to is firearms. Their endgame is so lame and transparent for anyone to see. Power folks! Without our guns they get more power plan and simple. It is we they really fear not our guns.

gun-control-cartoon-club-knife.jpg

I'd expect bump fire stocks are banned at the federal level by Christmas. Hope this is the extent of it.

Most likely, the BATFE will rule bump stocks illegal w/no grandfathering before this makes its way through the system. We can count on Jim Wallace to be all over this like a cheap suit, but the bump stock issue is going to be lost. The main emphasis needs to be on preventing the concept of MA banning something w/o grandfathering - as once that happens, we know that the concept will be expanded over the years.

This.

It’s nothing but upside for those in power: they get more control, but they don’t have to pay any political price for it because Congress won’t have to do anything. Their work will be done by a nameless, faceless federal bureaucracy.

Sadly, that’s the way those in power like it. BOHICA.

Linskey has a LONG history of introducing gun bills that never go anywhere because they are too extreme and not well thought out from a strategy and logistical point of view.

True but according to that article, it's getting an enormous amount of support. He's striking while the [strike=]iron is[/strike] feelingz are still HOT. The little douche might actually get it done this time. Think how fast they were able to get the upskirt bill written and passed. [puke]

Looks like Linksys's bill is HD.4266 but the link is cold and cannot see the verbiage about the "high cap" magazine ban.

[FONT=&amp]Article from today’s Worcester Telegram & Gazette
http://www.telegram.com/news/20171004/rep-files-bill-plugging-bump-stock-loophole-in-mass-laws

“Gun Owners Action League Executive Director Jim Wallace said even he was unfamiliar with bump stocks, and had been speaking with members to learn if they had any experience with the devices.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]“I’m really not that educated on them,” Wallace said. “I’ve never seen one up close or ever looked them up online.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]He did, however, raise concerns with the idea of banning magazines that may already be in circulation. “I don’t know how you accomplish that. That turns into confiscation and I don’t know if you want to go down that road,” Wallace said.”

Maybe next time you don’t provide a stream of consciousness to a reporter......[/FONT]

Last edited:
Yup, quote from the GOAL article:

Linsky said the bill will also eliminate a grandfather clause that allows for large-capacity magazines as long as they were manufactured before 1994.

[FONT=&amp]Article from today’s Worcester Telegram & Gazette
http://www.telegram.com/news/20171004/rep-files-bill-plugging-bump-stock-loophole-in-mass-laws

“Gun Owners Action League Executive Director Jim Wallace said even he was unfamiliar with bump stocks, and had been speaking with members to learn if they had any experience with the devices.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]“I’m really not that educated on them,” Wallace said. “I’ve never seen one up close or ever looked them up online.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]He did, however, raise concerns with the idea of banning magazines that may already be in circulation. “I don’t know how you accomplish that. That turns into confiscation and I don’t know if you want to go down that road,” Wallace said.”

Maybe next time you don’t provide a stream of consciousness to a reporter......[/FONT]

With regard to his saying he isn't really educated on them, it might be a situation where it pays to not know. If he was "informed" about them then the next question posed by the reporter is "whats so important about them that they can't be banned HMMMMMMMM?" and then he is put in a position where he would either have to attempt to convince antis of something that they likely would never be convinced of or passes by the question and the reporter implies that means there there doesn't exist any reason to not ban it.

With regard to his saying he isn't really educated on them, it might be a situation where it pays to not know. If he was "informed" about them then the next question posed by the reporter is "whats so important about them that they can't be banned HMMMMMMMM?" and then he is put in a position where he would either have to attempt to convince antis of something that they likely would never be convinced of or passes by the question and the reporter implies that means there there doesn't exist any reason to not ban it.

How about, a bump fire stock, standard capacity magazine......etc. doesn’t create a mass murderer.

Since when did any Liberal's mind ever think about unintended consequences (either long term or short term ....) ?

True, the left is very much into self-delusion. Based on other aspects of how loony moonbat Massachusetts likes to keep gun owners off-balance and always guessing legally-speaking, the current status on magazines has seemed to work very well in the favor of the anti-2A crowd. M*******s like us try very hard to comply with the law despite worthless limitations, crazy high costs and inconvenience.

History teaches us that once legal alternatives, no matter how onerous, are taken away, illegal ones are the only alternatives left. So you either give up on what you want or feel you need... or you do what needs to be done and take your chances. The gun grabbers screwed up in both CT and NY. Do they want to screw up in MA too? I guess we'll find out soon enough. [thinking]

Last edited:
Since the ATF approved Bump Stocks in 2010. If they are banned wouldn't it be the ATF to do it instead of Congress?

"On June 7, 2010 -- about a year and a half into the Barack Obama administration -- the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives issued an opinion letter, giving the go-ahead to an after-market accessory that allows the user to “bump fire” a semi-automatic rifle."

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/bump-stock-device-received-atf-green-light-during-obama-administration

https://www.slidefire.com/downloads/BATFE.pdf

True but according to that article, it's getting an enormous amount of support. He's striking while the [strike=]iron is[/strike] feelingz are still HOT. The little douche might actually get it done this time. Think how fast they were able to get the upskirt bill written and passed. [puke]

That bill was written a long time ago, just waiting for a sufficiently horrifying, matching event to push it.

Our politicians are WORSE than the Stephen Paddocks of this world.

True, the left is very much into self-delusion. Based on other aspects of how loony moonbat Massachusetts likes to keep gun owners off-balance and always guessing legally-speaking, the current status on magazines has seemed to work very well in the favor of the anti-2A crowd. M*******s like us try very hard to comply with the law despite worthless limitations, crazy high costs and inconvenience.

History teaches us that once legal alternatives, no matter how onerous, are taken away, illegal ones are the only alternatives left. So you either give up on what you want or feel you need... or you do what needs to be done and take your chances. The gun grabbers screwed up in both CT and NY. Do they want to screw up in MA too? I guess we'll find out soon enough. [thinking]

Yup, and if they try to prosecute someone for owning a legally purchased item, the whole charade could end up before a Right-leaning the Supreme Court, that's a big risk for little gain.

Yup, and if they try to prosecute someone for owning a legally purchased item, the whole charade could end up before a Right-leaning the Supreme Court, that's a big risk for little gain.

I think the question we're working up to wrt supreme court is an affirmation that 2A is primarily an insurance policy against a runaway tyrannical federal government.

On that point I think its good that Scalia is gone.....he was a bit of a turd on this subject

Thomas is spot on

Kennedy is a douchenozzle and will hopefully retire in 3,2,1

They have already injected Ginsburg with embalming fluid

The potential for Trump to appoint solid justices like Thomas is huge

I don't yet have my LTC but have been looking into it. I was thinking last night, couldn't anyone just repeatedly pull the trigger and spray a crowd with a semi automatic rifle even without a bumpstock?

Back
Top Bottom