• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Call for ban on 'bump stocks'

The language of the amendment was in three parts. The first outlines a ban on components that can be added to a firearm, rifle, or shotgun that could increase the rate of fire, “Whoever possesses, owns or offers for sale any device which attaches to a rifle, shotgun or firearm, except a magazine, that is designed to increase the rate of discharge of the rifle, shotgun or firearm or whoever modifies any rifle, shotgun or firearm with the intent to increase its rate of discharge, shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison by not less than 3 nor more than 20 years.”

Kinda sounds like this would include muzzle devices like compensators, no? They're mounted to counteract muzzle climb and essentially increase the rate of fire.

So, this law will make all of us that own these "bump stocks" and purchased them legally into instant felons looking at 3 to 20 year in prison?!

Wow, they don't put child rapists or murderous gang-bangers away for that long!

Kinda sounds like this would include muzzle devices like compensators, no? They're mounted to counteract muzzle climb and essentially increase the rate of fire.

I'd argue a brake doesn't increase rate of fire. It increases accuracy while dealing with an increased rate of fire. Keeping the muzzle down doesn't change how quickly my finger actuates the trigger.

I'd argue a brake doesn't increase rate of fire. It increases accuracy while dealing with an increased rate of fire. Keeping the muzzle down doesn't change how quickly my finger actuates the trigger.

The answer is we don't know right now.
If this bill were to pass senate with the house approved wording , the EEoPS will formulate a list of what is allowed.

That part was tacked on at the last second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats right, and my Simpson loudener on my .22 that splits the bulletproof glass with one shot will be outlawed.[wave]

Would have been better if they'd included the ban on magazines.

It would have actually woken up some people.

Pols: I will vote for ANYONE that opposes any of you that vote Yes on this. I don't care if it is Jack the Effing Ripper.

I'm wondering because this bill as currently scrawled in crayon: is so expansively vague, in violation of multiple state & federal constitutional amendments, and a massive overreach in general, that a federal court or the SCotUS itself uses the case as a pretext to forbid all state level gun regulations.

Hell, this bullshit ram job without due process should be used to kick Trump, SCotUS, congress, the NRA/GOA/SAF into doing something to curtail state abuses.

Actually, now that I think about it, isn't this going to put every gunsmith including Smith & Wesson's Pro/custom shop out of business?

Last edited:
Wait, is this about the national bill, or the Massachusetts one?

I asked Senator Moore to be brave and ACTIVELY FIGHT FOR US. He's done a lot of good things, and given some lip service, but to date, he has not stuck his neck too far out for us. This is the time, and I finally said it. Hope he does it.

You mean when they deferred to BATFE?

Mike

Deferred to BATFE? I guess that's one rose-colored way to look at it...

“The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations,” the NRA said in a written statement.

Though I'm not sure why they'd defer to BATFE when BATFE had already made their position abundantly clear.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom