• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

California paying $35 per AR-15 mag, no questions asked

Clearly there's an arbitrage opportunity here!

...I mean, if Sally The Clown is there, how can anyone NOT go?

/
Yeah well...... Not gonna hit it.

ac9a978851e891fc854ab996ef2932f5.jpg

Clearly there's an arbitrage opportunity here!

And even beyond arbitrage, Magpul should show up with an 18 wheeler full of Pmags.

So what laws would I run afoul of if I fly out to CA with a case of AR mags?

What a minute, that was in April, F'ing teese.

So what laws would I run afoul of if I fly out to CA with a case of AR mags?

What a minute, that was in April, F'ing teese.
yeah but keep an eye out. there will be plenty more of these 'buy backs' in the upcoming days. Just like you'll see bunch of gun owners take to youtube and make home vlogs, doing their part, crying on camera and sawing off their own AR rifles and barrels in their backyard.

Nah. Just tell them to bring 10 rounders and no one would be too upset. They'd make like $20. per mag on top of their retail price.

I was thing the same thing. The picture doesn’t say anything about capacity or quantity.

CTD has 10 round mags for less the $10. Flipping a hundred of them will make a quick $2700.

We all jumped on the CA band wagon, but It was last year in Decatur, Il.

Paying out $40K of the public's money in under 2hrs in individual transactions is actually a little impressive. Government employees in IL are pretty good at spending other people's money.

I wonder if they paid cash or gave you a check that they could later trace back to your account and you[thinking]....Nevermind. I just read the article in the link below. They paid in cash.
DECATUR, Ill. (WAND) - Decatur police said they bought back $40,000 in guns in less than two hours during a "Day of Peace" event Friday.

Community members were encouraged to bring their guns to sell to police from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. on April 2 at the Community Church of God. The church is located at 333 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive.

It appeared to be a success, as the line wrapped around the church during this event. More than 100 people came out to turn in weapons. There were no questions asked and no identification was required at this event.

Police ended up running out of money they could use to buy guns.

"We didn't really know what to expect," Decatur Police Chief James Getz said. "This is the first gun buy back and first community day of peace we've had. And so when I look at how many people are here... one, we've got a lot of people turning in guns that could end up on the streets, and then we've just got a lot of people here to mix with everybody and just have a good time."

Police were buying back semi-automatic pistols, shotguns, rifles and revolvers. They were not accepting magazines or ammunition, but the public was encouraged to donate those items.

The Decatur Police Department is working on potentially having another buy back event.

The Friday event was an alliance between Decatur churches, the NAACP, the Department of Community Development, Decatur police and the Howard G. Buffett Foundation.

Last edited:
If there is no limit.... I'll find a way to make it worth it...pmags are 12ish bucks thats 23 dollar to buy more and filled them

Back
Top Bottom