• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

California man killed a trophy deer on his rural property. Now he’s facing a huge penalty.

They are doing fine in mass yes

By re examining century old laws are you advocating letting folks take deer whenever and how many they want? If that happens the populations will be depleted again in about 10 to 20 years.
Many here only see wildlife through the Mass. lens, where many of the towns east of Central Worcester County have significant hunting restrictions, that have caused the deer herd to become dangerously over populated. They have no experience of the Fauna and flora outside of their crowded 1/4 acre house lots. Then of course they become the authority.

Many here only see wildlife through the Mass. lens, where many of the towns east of Central Worcester County have significant hunting restrictions, that have caused the deer herd to become dangerously over populated. They have no experience of the Fauna and flora outside of their crowded 1/4 acre house lots. Then of course they become the authority.
Very very true.

Correct. And ever since then population decline hasn't been much of a problem has it? You can argue that the controls on recreation hunters helped and I would probably agree in order to get things back in balance. But from what I understand Deer populations are doing just fine. It may be time to re examine century old laws.

possibly. In addition, there are less hunters out there even if restrictions were lifted. But it needs to carefully monitored and tightened if problems arise.

Although we’ve seen how the fishing fleet reacts to increased fishing restrictions

you should be able to hunt your own land without government permission.

Thing is, you can. In season. Hunting yahoos would decimate the population if there wasn't a season.

If I accidentally drive onto your property, does my truck become yours? Animals don't know property lines, it's not your animal to kill. Now, if you raised the deer, I'll agree with you 100%.

incase some of you feel like signing up........
Dude.....claiming that folks advocate for sustainable hunting practices and regulations is a far cry from folks being proponents of peta.

Your ignorance is substantial.

Dude.....claiming that folks advocate for sustainable hunting practices and regulations is a far cry from folks being proponents of peta.

Your ignorance is substantial.

Hey man don't get mad at me. I was just trying to help.

After a lengthy interrogation, Vaden admitted to the wardens he had killed the buck at the bait site after the season had ended and had forged an official‘s signature on his deer tag, LaFave said.

dirtbag
Guess he didn't see the training video "don't talk to the police".

Yuck, I guess that's the price you pay. Although $20k seems more than enough.
The purpose of the fine it to raise revenue and impose suffering. Depending on the mans personal circumstances, a smaller fine might not have been enough to make him feel pain, which is the intent of the sentence.

Guess he didn't see the training video "don't talk to the police".

Followed up quickly with, "Don't kill a deer out of season at an illegal bait site." LOL

I have a hard time with game wardens a lot. They can just be jack holes. But guys that shoot out of season and over bait need to be beaten with an old 270 barreled action or something. This land is your land. This land is my land. Stop hunting out of season. Or I'll get the tire iron.

It’s a 4x4 in western lingo. What matters here is the width and height of the rack. The deer he killed is a monster. Points don’t matter, it’s spread. Looks to be a 30” deer easy. Look at the pic at the end of the story in the sled. That a big one.
I had stopped at the end of the story and hadn't scrolled past to the picture. Yeah, that certainly is impressive. I'm certainly not seeing that in my yard.

Back
Top Bottom