• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any chance this might be abused by the courts and the police?

large_image.jpg

I can see it now:

• Mom sees Jr. is in a funk.
  • Jr. owns guns.
  • Mom calls cops.
  • Cops go to judge.
  • Judge authorizes confiscation of guns.
  • Cops execute warrant.
  • Cops execute dog.
  • Cops execute Jr.
  • The danger of Jr. using guns in violence is removed.
  • Cops get home safely.
  • The law works!

I can see it now:

• Jr. owns guns.
  • Mom calls cops.
  • Cops go to judge.
  • Cops execute warrant.
  • Cops execute dog.
  • Cops execute Jr.
  • Cops get home safely.
  • The law works!
one upside here is for mom. She will likely get stripped naked and cavity searched.

I can see it now:

• Jr. owns guns.
  • Mom calls cops.
  • Cops go to judge.
  • Cops execute warrant.
  • Cops execute dog.
  • Cops execute Jr.
  • Cops get home safely.
  • The law works!

...or...
I can see any 'anti' whether it be a family member or just one that knows someone has gunz...saying anything that will 'trigger' the confiscation bs. I wouldn't be surprised if this turns into someones 'go time'. FU Komifornia!! [thinking]

On the other side of this there needs to be a penalty of jail time. If the judge finds the claim BS (which I doubt would ever happen)....whoever filed the initial complaint receives a felony conviction and two years in the graybar hotel. Need to curb the BS calls. Kind of like bs swatting calls...

Yeah, that's been working so well with other bullshit laws now. There is NO accountability for the accuser.....that would prevent the masses from turning in their fellow citizens...we can't have that!

I would love to see how many will ever get there guns back, I would not be surprised if any did whether they were guilty or not. I wonder if that info will ever be available to the public.

Dean

...or...
I can see any 'anti' whether it be a family member or just one that knows someone has gunz...saying anything that will 'trigger' the confiscation bs. I wouldn't be surprised if this turns into someones 'go time'. FU Komifornia!! [thinking]
Don't worry, they have to convince a judge first........

Bwahahahahahah.... Like a judge would ever say no, even once.

Sent via Tapatalk on my Android phone. Good news; Tapatalk sucks less than it used to.

Proposed in the wake of a deadly May 2014 shooting rampage by Elliot Rodger, the bill provides family members with a means of having an emergency “gun violence restraining order” imposed against a loved one if they can convince a judge that allowing that person to possess a firearm “poses an immediate and present danger of causing personal injury to himself, herself or another by having in his or her custody or control.”

How is this different from Connecticut's? [thinking]

I can see it now:

• Jr. owns guns.
  • Mom calls cops.

You missed the last step: Mom becomes devoted gun control advocate after considering what happened and correctly assigning the blame for her son being dead to the gun.

I would love to see how many will ever get there guns back, I would not be surprised if any did whether they were guilty or not. I wonder if that info will ever be available to the public.

Dean

I think that this is the same as the terror watch list. How do you prove that you are no longer a threat to yourself or anybody else when you have not been presented with either evidence that you are a danger, or a specific set of conditions that demonstrate you aren't?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, that's been working so well with other bullshit laws now. There is NO accountability for the accuser.....that would prevent the masses from turning in their fellow citizens...we can't have that!

And that is all by design.

How is this different from Connecticut's? [thinking]

California and Connecticut are in a race to see who can impose more gun laws "for the good of the people".

I think the legislatures and governors of both states seriously underestimate just how seriously they're pissing off the voters.

I can see it now:

• Jr. owns guns.
  • Mom calls cops.
  • Cops go to judge.
  • Cops execute warrant.
  • Cops execute dog.
  • Cops execute Jr.
  • Cops get home safely.
  • The law works!

Or:

• Jr. owns guns.
  • Mom calls cops.
  • Cops go to judge.
  • Cops execute warrant.
  • Cops execute dog.
  • Cops get home safely.
  • Jr goes to a street vendor and gets a gun.
  • Jr executes mom.
  • Jr shoots up a school/theater/mall/playground.
  • Cops execute Jr.
  • Cops get home safely.
  • The usual suspects screech for "something to be done".
  • "Something" is done.
  • The law works!

Of course COPS don't lie now so whats there to worry about....sheesh you guys are paranoid.

s/

Dangerous times for California's Law Enforcement Community...

Why??
Noknock...noknock....flashbang....pew pew pew...get on the ground...stop resisting...pew pew pew...tango down... go home safe with new gunz for personal collection.

Well, I was Hoping they were gonna start with the Bloods and the Crips first, but I get your point. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom