• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

California going full retard

Agreed. I lived there for 6 years, and that's where I met my wife. I'm slowly trying to convince her that we should not move back. So far, her reply is the standard "because of your stupid guns??" and she remains unconvinced. [laugh]

Remind her of the real estate prices.

Agreed. I lived there for 6 years, and that's where I met my wife. I'm slowly trying to convince her that we should not move back. So far, her reply is the standard "because of your stupid guns??" and she remains unconvinced. [laugh]

The only correct respons is "No, becasue of the "Stupid" in California." The gun laws their are only the tip of the iceberg looking to sink the entirety of this country.

This is already the practice in MA. The federal prohibition on the target of a domestic violence restraining order being PP kicks in only after that person has a chance to present his/her side to a judge. The MA prohibition kicks in immediately upon issuance of an ex parte order.
Basically a divorce in MA = PP. The very instant you are served papers in MA better pack up your guns and take up residency somewhere else as fast as you can.

If you don't mind my asking Bill, how did you escape having your yourself and your property violated by the JBTs?

This. Inquiring minds would like to know....just in case. :)

Long story but happened prior to getting LTC so didn't have anything to be 'stolen' at the time.

In a nutshell.....long bitter/brutal divorce.....EX was losing in a big way......she decided to pull an emergency RO on me on a Sunday evening....might have lucked out a little on that Mon. morning in court because it just so happened that the judge sitting on the bench that day was the same one that had been on the bench during the divorce proceedings.....when he realized who it was that pulled the RO....he got pretty pissed and vacated it right there. I do have to report it though when filling out LTC app/renewal.

So, ya....having an RO pulled on you doesn't necessarily make you a PP. [wink]
YMMV

Long story but happened prior to getting LTC so didn't have anything to be 'stolen' at the time.

In a nutshell.....long bitter/brutal divorce.....EX was losing in a big way......she decided to pull an emergency RO on me on a Sunday evening....might have lucked out a little on that Mon. morning in court because it just so happened that the judge sitting on the bench that day was the same one that had been on the bench during the divorce proceedings.....when he realized who it was that pulled the RO....he got pretty pissed and vacated it right there. I do have to report it though when filling out LTC app/renewal.

So, ya....having an RO pulled on you doesn't necessarily make you a PP. [wink]
YMMV

Very glad you came out on top on that one. Score one for the good guys! On the other hand, as a free-ranging, law-abiding American you shouldn't ever be in fear of confiscation to begin with.

The irony is that at least at the federal level, we have the Congressional Republicans to thank the whole concept of confiscation based on accusations. The Lautenberg Amendment passed in September 1996, and at the time Republicans controlled BOTH houses of Congress.[angry2]

Back
Top Bottom