California going full retard

AB 1014, authored by Assembly members Das Williams and Nancy Skinner, would create ‘gun violence restraining orders’ that would allow police to proactively confiscate firearms and hold them for one year with no due process merely based on an accusation made by an immediate family member, a law enforcement officer or a health professional.

“This bill would allow a search warrant to be issued when the property or things to be seized are a firearm or firearms or ammunition that is in the custody or control of, or is owned or possessed by, a person who is the subject of a gun violence restraining order and who is presently known to have in his or her custody and control or possession, or to own a firearm or firearms or ammunition,” states the bill.

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201320140AB1014

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to fix the title of this thread. You used the wrong tense. You should have used past tense. CA went full retard a long time ago.

So does this mean that if there is a restraining order against a guy for beating his wife they are going to come and cut off his hands?

I'm not a lawyer but I would have guessed it was illegal to take away a constitutionally guaranteed right without any due process.

You need to fix the title of this thread. You used the wrong tense. You should have used past tense. CA went full retard a long time ago.

California Goes Fuller Retarder.

I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone who loves liberty hasn't moved out of there. It's really sad, because back in the 1950's and early 1960's, it was EXACTLY the kind of place I would have moved to. Population was very patriotic and voted the way we think now.

Now it's disgusting what's happend to that state. So sad.

I'm not a lawyer but I would have guessed it was illegal to take away a constitutionally guaranteed right without any due process.

IANAL either, however it appears that unfortunately SCOTUS disagrees, otherwise they would have struck down the Lautenberg Amendment when they had the opportunity, as they could have in U.S. vs. Emerson. Instead, they refused to take the case. [frown]

(((AB 1014, authored by Assembly members Das Williams and Nancy Skinner, would create ‘gun violence restraining orders’ that would allow police to proactively confiscate firearms and hold them for one year with no due process merely based on an accusation made by an immediate family member, a law enforcement officer or a health professional.)))

Jesus. So the former Chief of Police in Waltham, before being forced to quit after admitting to beating the living hell out of his own wife, could (if he were a chief in Californicate) simply accuse - ACCUSE - someone of something, then kick in their door and confiscate - at gunpoint - the ACCUSED's weapons of self defense. Mother of God.

Thomas Jefferson must be rolling in his grave...((""The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.")).

Mother of God.

I would rather leave the US than move to CA.
every time ive been there for work I literally do a countdown to GTFO.

i can only tolerate being called "bro" several times per 24h period. The nitwits of CA exceed my "bro" capacity.

This is already the practice in MA. The federal prohibition on the target of a domestic violence restraining order being PP kicks in only after that person has a chance to present his/her side to a judge. The MA prohibition kicks in immediately upon issuance of an ex parte order.

I think these people try to pass these laws knowing they're likely unconstitutional but are also aware it will take a lot of time & money to overturn these abominations.

So does this mean that if there is a restraining order against a guy for beating his wife they are going to come and cut off his hands?
There you go confusing LAW and JUSTICE. That's two fundamentally different things.

CA went full retard a long time ago. They now exist in the progressive utopian twilight zone.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

Something tells me if any police falsely accuse someone of gun violence, there would likely be some gun violence when they try and take them

It's all the earthquakes they have there. It's shaken their brains to a point where they're scrambled beyond the ability to reason.

I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone who loves liberty hasn't moved out of there. It's really sad, because back in the 1950's and early 1960's, it was EXACTLY the kind of place I would have moved to. Population was very patriotic and voted the way we think now.

Now it's disgusting what's happend to that state. So sad.

True! I left many moons ago, while California was only testing the retard waters. Reagan was gov when I was a boy, and life in general was pretty good. There were many public and open private lands that were kosher for hunting, plinking, off road vehicles, and other fun purposes. On any given week I probably had some type of gun in my hands most of the day at least a couple days of the week. Over the years the moonbats are slowly strangling the fun out of CA, and driving away earners in droves.

I learned at a tender young age to despise moonbats and their beloved letter agencies like the BLM. Don't get me going about the blunt-nosed leopard lizard. Thankfully, I left early enough to start my family in the South. My brother is still there fighting the good fight.

This kind of law gets passed, then the moonbat press publishes LTC names and addresses, the moonbat doctors call up the judge, and WHAM! Everyone with a gun just got no-knocked LEGALLY (but with an unconstitutional law).

This is the modern day witch hunts. These stupid sheeple are completely unaware of the damage they are doing the government of the people by removing the element of society that can protect us all from tyranny when it comes to power.

This kind of law gets passed, then the moonbat press publishes LTC names and addresses, the moonbat doctors call up the judge, and WHAM! Everyone with a gun just got no-knocked LEGALLY (but with an unconstitutional law).

This is the modern day witch hunts. These stupid sheeple are completely unaware of the damage they are doing the government of the people by removing the element of society that can protect us all from tyranny when it comes to power.

Silly human, moonbats crave tyranny!

It is a beautiful place. The weather is fabulous. And if you are in the software field, there just isn't any place better to be than the Bay Area.

I won't ever move back, but I do see the attraction.

It is a beautiful place. The weather is fabulous. And if you are in the software field, there just isn't any place better to be than the Bay Area.

I won't ever move back, but I do see the attraction.
Agreed. I lived there for 6 years, and that's where I met my wife. I'm slowly trying to convince her that we should not move back. So far, her reply is the standard "because of your stupid guns??" and she remains unconvinced. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom