• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

California Democrat proposes mandatory gun registration

Ingenious idea! This will trick all of those criminals in to coming out and registering their guns then BAM we got them![/sarcasm]

I am glad I left that place, I was mad enough that I had to have a bullet button on my AR, this is madness.

Bullet Button?

CA has a law that all magazine fed semi auto rifles with a pistol grip need to have the magazine secured in a way that you need a "tool" to remove it. People wondered why I was so happy to move home to MA as a gun owner, I was soooo happy to remove that thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Lord...I don't know what's worse...that CA law & vid, or that moving to MA was an improvement! [thinking]

Ingenious idea! This will trick all of those criminals in to coming out and registering their guns then BAM we got them![/sarcasm]
Some Elmer Fudd type will end up facing felony charges for not registering the turkey shotgun that he has owned and hunted with for decades. Some grandpa in his late 80's will end up facing felony charges for not registering that Jap Arisaka, Italian Carcano or German Mauser that he brought back from WW II. At the end of the day, California residents will all be safer if these dangerous types are jailed. Yeah, right![frown]

MA has mandatory handgun registration?

My guess is they are talking about FA-10......which essentially is all guns. But one never knows what the media is talking about because they are usually wrong.

I know people's opinions differ here, but with the advent of computers and databases in my opinion the FA-10 is already mandatory registration.....the only difference being we have alot of boating accidents and older guns before the advent of FA-10's are not in the catalog.

Last edited:
I'm confused. How can the FA-10 requirement not be considered mandatory registration?

Hair splitters will argue that MA registers transactions but not guns, but from a practical perspective it amounts to registration of guns.

FTF transactions, boating accidents, etc. contribute to the database getting out of line with actual ownership, but believe me, there are those working on fixing that 'loophole'. The more folks flaunt the fact that the database is less than perfect, the more determined the opposition will be to require annual registrations (ala Illinois) or other methods to make sure they keep the database up to snuff.

Personally, I'm for keeping a low profile and not constantly pointing out how inaccurate the state DB must be.

Back
Top Bottom