California confiscation

Main cop early in the video:“I’m not a lawyer and don’t know the law.”

5 minutes later: “I’m sorry but that’s the law.”

How does that work? That’s like my doctor saying he knows nothing about taking out my appendix, then 5 minutes later saying, “don’t worry - I got this.” I’m not going into that operating room!

Main cop early in the video:“I’m not a lawyer and don’t know the law.”

5 minutes later: “I’m sorry but that’s the law.”

How does that work? That’s like my doctor saying he knows nothing about taking out my appendix, then 5 minutes later saying, “don’t worry - I got this.” I’m not going into that operating room!

that's what tyranny looks like.

Are Guns Registered in a National Firearms Registry

The Firearm Owners' Protection Act of 1986 (FOPA) is a United States federal law that revised many provisions of the Gun Control Act of 1968. As such, FOPA makes it illegal for the national government or any state in the country to keep any sort of database or registry that ties firearms directly to their owner. The exact wording of the provision is as follows:

"No such rule or regulation prescribed [by the Attorney General] after the date of the enactment of the Firearms Owners Protection Act may require that records required to be maintained under this chapter or any portion of the contents of such records, be recorded at or transferred to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any State or any political subdivision thereof, nor that any system of registration of firearms, firearms owners, or firearms transactions or disposition be established. Nothing in this section expands or restricts the Secretary's authority to inquire into the disposition of any firearm in the course of a criminal investigation."

sounds like tyranny to me also

The Firearm Owners' Protection Act of 1986 (FOPA) is a United States federal law that revised many provisions of the Gun Control Act of 1968. As such, FOPA makes it illegal for the national government or any state in the country to keep any sort of database or registry that ties firearms directly to their owner. The exact wording of the provision is as follows:

"No such rule or regulation prescribed [by the Attorney General] after the date of the enactment of the Firearms Owners Protection Act may require that records required to be maintained under this chapter or any portion of the contents of such records, be recorded at or transferred to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any State or any political subdivision thereof, nor that any system of registration of firearms, firearms owners, or firearms transactions or disposition be established. Nothing in this section expands or restricts the Secretary's authority to inquire into the disposition of any firearm in the course of a criminal investigation."

Right. It’s illegal. We all know it. They admit they violate the law.

Doesn’t matter. They’ll keep doing it.

This country has no law. Hasn’t had any law for decades. You could argue it started at the civil war. You could argue earlier or later. The facts remain, there is no justice. They will do what they want to do. And until someone actually resorts to violence, which, I think at this point is the only way the tide turns, nothing will change. I dread a civil war. It’ll be really bad. But it might well be preferable to what will happen to all of us if there isn’t a civil war.

Hopefully the NRA or Comm2a will take this on.

I wonder if they had a warrant? Some of these I have seen have been “voluntary” whee the homeowner/gun owner just let them in voluntarily.

Bob

This isn't an accurate summary of the provision. The provision prohibits the federal government from keeping a registry, and it prohibits the federal government from requiring any state or political subdivision to keep a registry. It does not prohibit states from creating a registry of their own accord.

Registration = Confiscation
How true. When Heather Locklear freaked out a few months ago, the cops raided her LA home on two separate occasions, with a search warrant to find and seize a .38 revolver that their records show she purchased in the very early 1980s..

someone forgot to tell mAss

Must be fake , cops would never Enforce unconstitutional laws .
All things considered , that went better than it would have in MA.
It would have been a 3AM door kick followed by flash bangs.
right. cause we hear all the time how "good cops" and "the military" will never disarm the people if given the order.

Should be happy right, they aren't dragging his ass to jail...listen to those assclowns
The part where the guy all but said don't be seen with the one that you registered that "we're not asking to see" that is a felony in the Communist shit hole republic of California?

Laws are stupid in that state. I won't get into the argument about officers refusing to do their jobs to make room for the ones eager to go overboard with it that don't know how to spell the word "discretion". They sure as hell didn't come up with the idea on their own to go to a random dudes house and take his gun - we can all agree they were sent there, and honestly, they seemed to minimize how shitty that situation could have been. f***ed up laws, whoever sent them sucks ass, but those officers did not seem to treat that guy wrong.

Must be fake , cops would never Enforce unconstitutional laws .
All things considered , that went better than it would have in MA.
It would have been a 3AM door kick followed by flash bangs.

Lately several Sheriffs in WA have come out and said they will not enforce unconstitutional gun laws, just as a lot of OR sheriffs did a few years back. But do you really think that video was the line in the sand? If that officer refused to go do that, how many seconds would it take to send someone else eager to jam that poor gun owner up for everything he owned that was not CA compliant - including the one that officer plainly said he saw in their paperwork that was a felony to possess? Takes me about 2 to 2 and a half seconds to reach out and pick u pa radio microphone - and I'm old and slow, so I'm betting it would take them a second or so.

I'm not defending the situation - that's some pure California BS. But it's tough to blame it all on the officer that was trying to make it less BS'y.

Lately several Sheriffs in WA have come out and said they will not enforce unconstitutional gun laws, just as a lot of OR sheriffs did a few years back. But do you really think that video was the line in the sand? If that officer refused to go do that, how many seconds would it take to send someone else eager to jam that poor gun owner up for everything he owned that was not CA compliant - including the one that officer plainly said he saw in their paperwork that was a felony to possess? Takes me about 2 to 2 and a half seconds to reach out and pick u pa radio microphone - and I'm old and slow, so I'm betting it would take them a second or so.

I'm not defending the situation - that's some pure California BS. But it's tough to blame it all on the officer that was trying to make it less BS'y.

Like I said , that could have gone worst.
"I was just doing my job " didn't cut it at Nuremberg though.
You have to wonder if there really is a line that won't be crossed .
The assistant director of the FBI changed the rules of engagement and ordered all male subjects taken down at Ruby ridge whether they were posing an immediate threat or not.
There were no shortage of volunteers to blow a woman's head off holding an infant in her arms and shoot both Harris and Weaver in the back.
Ask Lon Horiuchi. He said not only did he not regret it , he would do it again.

Back
Top Bottom