California Bans Itself

It would justify its own thread if only California would follow through on their promise to secede.

Who the hell would fight it if they did ?
No one in their right mind.
Reminds me of the guy I "Helped" leave a bar one night.
Him :"I'm never coming back here again! "
Me : It won't be easy , but I'll try to get over it. "

Who the hell would fight it if they did ?
No one in their right mind.
Reminds me of the guy I "Helped" leave a bar one night.
Him :"I'm never coming back here again! "
Me : It won't be easy , but I'll try to get over it. "

If they were to go, it would cause a much-needed cascade.

The Constitution allows a state to break up into smaller states. Groups in CA tried it a few years ago, but didn't have enough signatures in time to have it added to the ballot.

The Constitution allows a state to break up into smaller states. Groups in CA tried it a few years ago, but didn't have enough signatures in time to have it added to the ballot.

California has the same problem New York (and Massachusetts) has: dominance by the urban centers. Almost half of the population of California resides in greater LA. And they're not only not of a political will to let the outlying areas go, they'll put up a life-and-death struggle to keep them. Cuz water.
California Water Wars - Wikipedia

Agreed, it is a complex problem exacerbated by natural resource conflicts.

...and money problems.

If we could shed them, along with their west-coast cohorts, and their brain-brothers in the East: MD, DC, NJ, NY, CT, MA, RI (and possibly VA), that could probably coerce a sizable share of the remaining Prog faction out places like Burlington and Hanover, lest the torches-and-pitchforks need to emerge. They won't, cuz birds-of-a-feather and all that flocking elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom