• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Caldwell Ear Muffs

I have a cheap pair of Field and Stream non electronic muffs. I always go to the range with a friend and have a hard time hearing him with them on.

I want to get a pair of electronic ears but don't want to spend over $100 for a pair of Peltor's. I see some Caldwell electronic muffs for $25 before shipping on EBAY. I know you get what you pay for but was wondering if anybody had any experience with Caldwell or another brad of cheap electronic ears.

Thanks!

I have them. They are fine for the money. They are slower to come back on after a shot, they are not as comfy as $80 ones, etc; but the core functionality works for the money.

I've got those in the slim line model. They almost work as advertised, at least mine do. The brochure says that they will "amplify" normal sounds and block out the loud ones. Well, mine block out the loud ones just fine so they work good to protect. But, mine don't really amplify. I'm a bit hard of hearing and these didn't make conversational hearing any better for me. If anything, they seem to muffle normal sounds a very little.

For the money they do the trick though.

I have 3 of them for me, my wife and grandaughter and they work fine.

They do amplify as advertised. You can hear the birds very well when wearing them. They are a little slow coming back from 'quiet' mode...not a problem as it's only a part of a second.

They are well worth the money. Buy them.

Back
Top Bottom