Cabela's

I got my refund from ebay. Sure, they could be legit, but they send this cards without any tracking and don't respond. Not my idea of a good seller.

They apparently have have a business model where they believe it is easier and and cheaper for them to not pay tracking, ignore questions, assume that a certain percent will get lost in the mail, have to be provide a refund, and cancel the cards. Seems a bit stupid to me, losing potentially a lot of repeat business.

They must be doing Ok because they got to use my money for a month and they're still selling even tons of these even with all the complaints.

I got my refund from ebay. Sure, they could be legit, but they send this cards without any tracking and don't respond. Not my idea of a good seller.

They apparently have have a business model where they believe it is easier and and cheaper for them to not pay tracking, ignore questions, assume that a certain percent will get lost in the mail, have to be provide a refund, and cancel the cards. Seems a bit stupid to me, losing potentially a lot of repeat business.

They must be doing Ok because they got to use my money for a month and they're still selling even tons of these even with all the complaints.

What BS from Cabela.

Just cancel the lost GC and reissue another. I've had other stores do that for me.

They literally sell thousands of cards a week, you're probably right about the business model.

- - - Updated - - -

What BS from Cabela.

Just cancel the lost GC and reissue another. I've had other stores do that for me.

The seller is not cabelas, it's a gift card company.

No problem or complaints with Cabelas. I've gotten physical and electronic cards from other sellers that have all been fine.

Lots of overpriced something or others, hence why I'm scheming for gift cards!

The only thing I recall them having is a better than your average LGS bolt action rifle selection.

Lots of overpriced something or others, hence why I'm scheming for gift cards!

The only thing I recall them having is a better than your average LGS bolt action rifle selection.

They are good on reloading components and certain match ammo as well as accessories that LGS's don't bother carrying.

Has this run anytime recently?
The last one ran through July 18th. It was a 15% off deal as was the previous one, both limited to 3 x $100 cards. It ran for quite a while. I think the earlier 20% off deals may be gone for good or pretty rare now but who knows? Varmint is the expert on these Cabela's gift card deals. [grin]

I hate when the online price is different than the in store price. If they can show stock for the Berlin store, then they should be able to show the correct price.

Another note of interest to local Cabela's fans: Cabela's Berlin in the recent past has backed away from their low price guarantee to a large extent. Now, they appear to have stopped it entirely on firearms. In particular, they will not honor their low price guarantee against a Four Seasons advertised price. No reason or explanation given. They just say they won't do it anymore and walk away.

If anyone does manage to get a price match on a firearm at Cabela's Berlin going forward, I'd love to hear about it. Please PM me here.

Another note of interest to local Cabela's fans: Cabela's Berlin in the recent past has backed away from their low price guarantee to a large extent. Now, they appear to have stopped it entirely on firearms. In particular, they will not honor their low price guarantee against a Four Seasons advertised price. No reason or explanation given. They just say they won't do it anymore and walk away.

If anyone does manage to get a price match on a firearm at Cabela's Berlin going forward, I'd love to hear about it. Please PM me here.

Meh. Given the choice, I will pay the premium to shop at Cabela's all day every day over having to deal with the FS shills.

last time I was there they had a Sig 1911 for $758, not sure which model, but it was like $150 off. Thought about blowing my gift cards on it, since I don't need so much .223 ammo anymore. :(

Meh. Given the choice, I will pay the premium to shop at Cabela's all day every day over having to deal with the FS shills.

you would rather give your $$ to cabelas than four seasons? wow. i have shopped at cabelas for FUDD-ish supplies or hunting crap, but otherwise I would rather support FS or B&K over a large chain.

Cabelas does have a nice optics selection. I gotta throw them a bone there. Although last time I purchased an optic from them the worker put it into a manilla envelope with loose screws and handed it to me. when I asked where's the box he said no box but I should still buy it. I was like bro man absolutely not you have a shitty (i mean nice) day.

Cards are back on sale with 8% Ebay bucks today and tomorrow. Card is $42.50 for $50. It's really only a good deal if you get the Ebay bucks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-Cabelas-...item46526f534d&_trkparms=5373:0|5374:Featured

The 8% ebay bucks is a target promotion and since I just signed up, I only get the 2%. I went over to Ebates.com and they offer 10 bucks off for new members plus 1% back from ebay giftcards. That's over 35% off when all is said and done!

and obligatory referral link: http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=Tjl6KZ58SwYrfJDmtnMxYA==&eeid=28187

Last edited:
Thanks to Cabelas for sponsoring the Scholastic Clay Target Program Jr Shotgun competition at Walpole. They provided support and gift card to the youth athletes as prizes.

Back
Top Bottom