Cabela's is massive.

I just got back from Cabela's in East Hartford, CT. What a fabulous store. They have multiples of just about everything. From clothing to packs to guns. It's a feast to the eyes.

The volume of the items is incredible.

293f0f5e-f9ca-43b9-be1a-8762c3be994a.jpg

If your looking for a deal on a gun its best to shop around. They have Kimber Classics there in stock however the price was $1045 ea! At The Armoury in New Preston, CT they have new Classics for $825 ea!

I had a wonderful time at Cabela's. The thing to do is to look for whats on sale. The acres of clothing are there and some of it is a deal. What a compliment to the outdoor scene Cabela's is!

Last edited:
Although we don't have a Cabela's down here - I have ordered from them online and have never been disappointed - both the merchandise and the cost.

The hartford cabela's is SMALL compared to the one in Hamburg, PA.

When I first saw that store on top of the hill I honestly thought it was a mall.

Awesome place.

My company car seems to break down in the cabela's parking lot in Hartford for a couple hours every time I drive to NY City and back. Can't quite figure it out. <grin>

Definitely no!

Cabelas is more geared towards hunting, shooting, and then fishing while Bass Pro is the other way around.

This is generally the case, except that Bass Pro in Foxboro is far better than Cabelas in Hartford when it comes to archery supplies. I wouldn't let either of them touch my bow (with one exception at Bass Pro).

The hartford cabela's is SMALL compared to the one in Hamburg, PA.

When I first saw that store on top of the hill I honestly thought it was a mall.

Awesome place.

My company car seems to break down in the cabela's parking lot in Hartford for a couple hours every time I drive to NY City and back. Can't quite figure it out. <grin>

I've also been to the Hamburg store. I'm told it is THE biggest Cabela's.

I frequent the store in E. Hartford. I work in the area quite a bit. I think they have a great selection and were keeping things well stocked. Although last Tuesday when I was there, everything on my hitlist was out of stock or not available. However, I did not leave empty handed. That would be a sin.

Last edited:
I am a transplant from PA and the Cabela's in Hamburg is pretty much the size on Emerald Square Mall in North Attleboro. They also have kennels for your dogs so you don't have to leave them in the truck and they have places for the local Amish to stable their horses. How cool is that.
Plus the PA gun laws.
I won't talk about them because to the citizens of Soviet Massachusetts they would sound like fairy tales.

I've been to the E. Hartford one and its pretty insane. Giant candy store, from the ammunition to the food court to displays of animals. They really did it right down there.

Has anyone been to the one in Maine? A friend of mine lives near there and says it's great. He's big into camping and gets a lot of good deals there. I don't think he's bought any guns there, so I don't know how that department is.

The store in Maine is smaller than the one in E. Hartford, and both are much smaller than the one in Hamburg, PA.

You can tell the scale by the animals in the "African Game" display. Maine only goes as big as a Water Buffalo, but Pennsylvania has a full-size elephant!

The prices are not always great, but to me it's my own personal Disney World.

I went down to visit a friend in CT about 40 miles from Hartford this past weekend. If I had known in advance that there was a Cabela's there, I would have made for extra time in my travel plans...NEXT TIME!!

I need to take a trip down there one day - maybe around tax return time - anyone wanna go?

Yep!

I've been there once, but had the poor timing of trying it the second week it was open. Too crowded to really look around, but what I saw was impressive. The firearms were priced a little high, but it still was a worthwhile visit.

I spoke with a Cabela's employee at the Hamburg store about their expansion plans and she said Cabela's planned on a store in every sporting State in the country by 2014.
The Hall of Bucks in Hamburg is something I really love.
Another place to visit if you are in Hamburg is just up the road, "Dixon"s Muzzleloading". Youu can talk to the man who literally wrote the book about building American longrifles and the "Builders Faire" in July is the one place you can watch someone forge a rifle barrel the way craftsmen did in the 18th century. Plus the rilfes Chuck has in the shop are as good as any museum you'll visit.

I have heard they are flirting with big trouble, stock is way down, use your gift cards while they are good.Great place, hate to loose it.

I'm receiving my first tax return in 11-years this year, so I'm going to spend it...So, any time after say February?

haha...tax return.

Come on now good citizen, we've got to pay for mandatory health care, failing roads, education, banks, automakers, and that family in the next town with the $500k house and Lexus in the driveway. Maybe this year if you work more overtime Santa will leave you a taxable I.O.U.

Back
Top Bottom