Cabela's Hudson MA

Took a ride up today what a waste of time. Looking for a few parts for a MEC loader nothing.
Ok I need to pick up a few short sleeve shooting shirts..forget it.
Next up a pair of pac boots I tore a hole in mine yesterday fishing,I really like the ones cabela's sells,nope.
The wife picked up a tee shirt, and I got some 22 ammo.
I will do my shopping online from know on.
Seems like our new MA Cabela's is a victim of its own success. [thinking] Maybe it will restock and improve in time.

Stopped by today, quickly got tired of seeing people point guns at other people, so left ...

I finally stopped in there yesterday. Spent some time ogling the boats and ATVs, went through the clearance room, checked out the decent assortment of mostly overpriced ammo. It's a really nice store with a lot of nice stuff, but I didn't see one price that I would be willing to pay for anything.

My favorite part was the fish tank.

Oh, and those toy pop gun noises were driving me crazy.

Yeah...but why would you want to buy a gun at Cabelas, I think that's the fundamental question when there are so many good LGS around with better prices? Who cares?

Cabela's is good for used long guns. I haven't really looked at the selection at the store in Mass, but you can find some decent deals on used rifles and shotguns if you want to spend the time and go through the racks.

Oh dear god yes that's so fraking annoying

I love it, personally...how long before the state outlaws the pop guns for corrupting our youth. I remember being a kid going up to clarks trading post and my dad bought me one of those...it was my favorite toy until a few years later they bought me a bull whip (what were they thinking!). My sister and her friends never had a moment of peace in the summertime after that.

Cabela's is good for used long guns. I haven't really looked at the selection at the store in Mass, but you can find some decent deals on used rifles and shotguns if you want to spend the time and go through the racks.

300.00 Mosins! YAY....Ill take two!! HA!

Stopped by today as I was in the area... Impressed with the ammo selection, and the prices were good. Specifically I was looking for 10MM, and they had stock on several good brands.... something that local shops never carry.

Portland, ME is still a much better store with much better selections, but this is a breath of fresh air in this state.

went there this past Sunday.
Meh. Some decent prices on ammo but the "bulk" (quotes because their bulk pistol ammo is only 200 rounds) was far over-priced.
Picked up a "Bucket O Bullets" to play around with later in the day. $95 with tax so not bad.
I know the older stuff supposedly sucked but this was the new and improved and I shot about 300 rounds between my 15-22 and my Browning Buckmark and had no issues. Weird thing, the Browning does not like Federal Auto Match..

My friend works there people are trading in some nice hand guns.

Yes but they won't sell them, they ship them to Penna. to sell.
They are afraid of Mass regs -- e.g. they don't want to sell a used hand gun that someone put a trigger kit in.

Stopped in last week.
Saw a grand total of two evil black rifles, one of which was in the 'gun library'
They had two 8mm Egyptian contract FN49's...the cheap one was $1100 I think. The one with the crappy Century replacement wood was more expensive than the one in the original furniture. At least $400 too much.
$800? on a Hakim.

But...they did have bricks of .22. Yes, it was Thunderbolt, but it was at least on the shelf!
Primers, too.

Yes but they won't sell them, they ship them to Penna. to sell.
They are afraid of Mass regs -- e.g. they don't want to sell a used hand gun that someone put a trigger kit in.
Has this been verified with anyone supposedly in the know? Or is it just a strong suspicion at this point?

I'm already a little disappointed with our shiny new Massachusetts Cabela's. If they are limiting used gun sales to long guns, that will be a huge disappointment.

Just stopped in there, .22 limit is now 500rds, was 50rds 2 weeks ago. Although cci std velocity is still $5/50

Has this been verified with anyone supposedly in the know? Or is it just a strong suspicion at this point?

I'm already a little disappointed with our shiny new Massachusetts Cabela's. If they are limiting used gun sales to long guns, that will be a huge disappointment.

Re the used handguns, that was told to me by an employee in the long gun library.

Just stopped in there, .22 limit is now 500rds, was 50rds 2 weeks ago. Although cci std velocity is still $5/50

Can't be. I just bought a 525 round box of Rem golden bullet .22's there this morning. They were having some kind of event at the north end. Fee cookies, chicken and drinks. They had a 2-lane BB gun range setup out there for the kids. I got my knife sharpened for free. Signed up for their card and got $20 off my purchase, a free hat and a pistol grip mug. Sorry guys and gals, it was the last one they had.

Can't be. I just bought a 525 round box of Rem golden bullet .22's there this morning. They were having some kind of event at the north end. Fee cookies, chicken and drinks. They had a 2-lane BB gun range setup out there for the kids. I got my knife sharpened for free. Signed up for their card and got $20 off my purchase, a free hat and a pistol grip mug. Sorry guys and gals, it was the last one they had.

I guess I walked right past you I was there around the same time. Just window shopping though, no money to buy anything (though there was a takedown bow #45 in the bargain cave that was calling for me)

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Can't be. I just bought a 525 round box of Rem golden bullet .22's there this morning.

Ok... for ammo sold in quantities of less than 500, the limit is 500. for example maximum 10 50rd boxes per customer.
The signs say something like limit of 500 rounds or one bulk pack >= 500 rounds.

Previously it was two 50 round boxes or one bulk pack.

[rolleyes]

I just tried to order a magazine ("low capacity", for a rifle) for in-store pickup because it has never been in stock the multiple times I've been there in person. One of the sales associates suggested that I order online with in-store pickup.

Well, they won't ship magazines to MA and apparently that includes for in store pickup as well.

Morons.

I just tried to order a magazine ("low capacity", for a rifle) for in-store pickup because it has never been in stock the multiple times I've been there in person. One of the sales associates suggested that I order online with in-store pickup.

Well, they won't ship magazines to MA and apparently that includes for in store pickup as well.

Morons.

Read this thread. Nothing new, sadly.

Was in Hudson last night. All primers were 20% off and they had a pretty good selection. I got a couple thousand CCi LPP for $26 per thousand. Thought that was a pretty good deal

Son of a B****. I was right near there and forgot all about their sale. Every time I've gone in to get LPP they were out. Thanks for posting hopefully I make it there while they still have some.

Do in store prices match their online prices? Meaning can you figure out in-store prices without going there?

In my experience they matched up, in fact when I went I found in store prices for Winchester 9mm NATO to be about $1 cheaper (I did notice the next day the website was updated). The only thing is, I couldn't figure out on the website how to find out what was in stock at the store. They do have a large selection on hand, but if you're looking for something specific you may want to just order online and ship to store.

Back
Top Bottom