Cabela's Gun Show CT & ME

I think the CT sales tax is about 8%. What is the ME sales tax?
I am 110 miles from either store. Anyone know if this 'show' is worthwhile?
Thanks,
Bill

What Gun Show? Where? When?

I have not heard of this. Cabelas just opened up a couple of weeks ago in Scarboruugh, Maine. They have a decent selection of firearms in the store.

An a lot of ammo but no Weatherby .340 Mag (Hint,Hint,HINT!) I did get some thru the mail order catalog

The Maine State Sales Tax is 5%

When is the gun show your speaking of?

Last edited:
the Globe

The ad was in Sunday's Globe, sports section page C5.

Show is Friday - Sunday June 6, 7, 8.

Bill

Here's the ad from Cabela's web site. Not much info. Anybody work either store and have details?

cabelasgunshowadgd1.jpg

And if you plan on purchasing a firearm in CT, there's a 14 day waiting period unless you are eligible to have it legally waived.

Having been to the Scar. one, I wouldn't waste my time and I'm only 10 minutes away. It's worth it to me to make a 45 minute drive to kittery Trading Post rather than go to cabela's. Nothing great about thier prices AT ALL> Loom on thier site and you can see thier inventory of used guns. a LOT of them are priced what new costs elsewhere.

The gun show sale flyer came in the mail the other day... nothing spectacular.

A bunch of budget package hunting rifles, a few plastic handguns, and a few other odds and ends.

The prices are better if you take the 2% club rewards rebate. I haven't seen any coupons lately, but back before Christmas they were sending out coupons for $50 or $75 off a $500 dollar purchase.

I stopped in over lunch since I'm only a couple of minutes away. Very limited selection. A few old collectibles as well as some new & used pistols & rifles. Nothing really caught my eye. About 6 ARs, 20" fixed stock & all that I saw were $999. One looked like an SP1 so possibly a pre-ban, but I didn't look closely to see if the upper & lower were matching.

Had an elk sandwich, that was OK.[grin]

The Scar store had some old Colt AR's when they opened I now. With thier prices, prob still there. Heck I'm thinking most of thier firearms, new and used are still there. Seriously they are high! I can drive to Kittery and buy and still spend less including fuel I think. Being only 10-15 mintes away I've been there once. Wasn't too impresed.

my buddy bought a Ruger GP100 revolver and he said it was within a few bucks of KTP. When you figure it is about an hour out of the way for him to get it at KTP, he saved a bunch buying it at Cabelas. Since I went there the first and second time, I probably won't make a special trip to Cabelas, but it sure is convenient to have my wife pick stuff up for handloading and to hit it on my way to Portland!

Back
Top Bottom