Cabela’s Black Friday

DJBrad

NES Member
Anyone have any past experience whether the Cabela’s in Ma have any Black Friday deals? I’ve never attempted to look into the matter but I’m curious if there are good deals to be had or not. Would they even extend these deals on rifles, pistols, ammo, or anything else gun related in Ma or preclude these things from sales?

I'm heading to Maine for Turkey day and I am definitely planning on hitting Cabelas in Scarborough on Black Friday and then head up the road to LL Bean

Screw them. Went there for BF, they gave me a rain check on a SKU that I assume was generated just for that day. They'll call me when it's back in stock... pushing 2 years at this point. At this point you couldn't pay me enough to waste time in person- most deals can be had online, for the weeks following, with free shipping and free returns.

They’re doing pre-Black Friday on a few Remingtons now and the 1911 is one of them though it’s going for $1000 so that’s a bust. I’ll try the one in Hudson and see what can be found. Snora- your experience is not too pleasing for sure.

R1 Enhanced is $1,000, Remington® 1911 R1&#8482 Semiautomatic Pistols : Cabela's.

Looks like other models start at $584, down from $730, Remington® 1911 R1&#8482 Semiautomatic Pistols : Cabela's.

The Web site is a little confusing.

They’re doing pre-Black Friday on a few Remingtons now and the 1911 is one of them though it’s going for $1000 so that’s a bust. I’ll try the one in Hudson and see what can be found. Snora- your experience is not too pleasing for sure.

I have had good luck with it in the past. As for going to LLbean, that place has turned into an overpriced tourist trap. Hear you buy there is 30-40% marked up just for the dumb LLBean logo
Such a shame, lol bean used to be decent, overpriced gear. Now its just a yuppie identifier.

Cabellas is following suit.

*for some reason it won’t let me put a frown face here. So yeah, picture a frowny face here.

I have had good luck with it in the past. As for going to LLbean, that place has turned into an overpriced tourist trap. Hear you buy there is 30-40% marked up just for the dumb LLBean logo

Ya, I know that. I just go to look around. Every now and then I might buy something.

Screw them. Went there for BF, they gave me a rain check on a SKU that I assume was generated just for that day. They'll call me when it's back in stock... pushing 2 years at this point. At this point you couldn't pay me enough to waste time in person- most deals can be had online, for the weeks following, with free shipping and free returns.
I have had good luck with them in the past, but ordered most/all stuff online and picked it up in-store.

R1 Enhanced is $1,000, Remington® 1911 R1&#8482 Semiautomatic Pistols : Cabela's.

Looks like other models start at $584, down from $730, Remington® 1911 R1&#8482 Semiautomatic Pistols : Cabela's.

The Web site is a little confusing.
You can get that same r1 enhanced from buds for under 800
The 584 model is about 550 at buds

All the other r1 models on sale are available for less elsewhere. They are currently discounted by Remington and available through distribution on sale. The Cabellas prices are not very good when you know current discounted cost.

It’s an impersonal big box selling over priced commodity goods. Why would you shop there?

I mostly hate Cabela's (and Basspro) but I did make out pretty good there last black Friday. They had buckets of Remington UMC 9mm on sale + mail in rebate. THEN on top of that the Market Basket in the same plaza had Cabaela's gift cards for 20% off face value. I went over to MB, loaded up on gift cards then back over to Cabela's. I forget the numbers now, but I walked out with a crap load of 9mm for less than $0.10/rnd

Only a fool pays full price. ;)

Such a shame, lol bean used to be decent, overpriced gear. Now its just a yuppie identifier.

Cabellas is following suit.

*for some reason it won’t let me put a frown face here. So yeah, picture a frowny face here.

Hahahahaha. People said that 30 years ago about Bean. "Aw it's just yuppy clothing!" Their fashion really hasn't changed except for their Signature hipster line of clothing (which actually DOES have some nice pieces. . . provided you don't pay full price and provided it isn't made for uber-skinny hipsters. Like the jeans. Which are true skinny-jeans.) and their sizing (like everyone else).

They sell some stuff I like. They sell some stuff I don't. The VAST majority of the items they sell, you'd never know it was LL Bean because there is no visible logo anywhere. Back in the day, I did have a LL Bean logo sweatshirt. I wasn't a yuppie then. I'm pushing 50 now so I think I disqualify. LOL

As far as Cabela's or Bean or BPS on Black Friday. . . . . are you people crazy??? I couldn't IMAGINE going to any of those malls on BF. No fanx! I'll stay home and cook a turkey instead. (We do Thanksgiving at my mom's on Thursday. I do my own on Friday so I can have leftovers.)

Well, the one near me in Hudson, MA is in a small outlet area with a TJ Maxx, Michael’s, Lowes, and several restaurants. It’s on the far side of the lot by the restaurants so I plan on it for 5am. I’ve never done a Black Friday but if I did it would be to test these waters. I will report back. They’re owned by Bass Pro now so maybe the sales are different.

I've had good luck on BF at Cabela's. However last year was a bust and I found much better deals online and from dealers on here.

So true about LL Bean. I am all for paying for quality when the quality is there, but at Bean I just don't see it. They slap their logo on a lot of junk and just jack up the prices. And now you don't even get their guarantee any ore. Once in a great while I'll find something worth buying at the outlet across the street, but that is about it. I once found a nice polo with my initials already monogramed on it, score!

The best deals are at the Bean Outlet stores. I just bought my wife a $300 winter coat for $180.

I used to work the gun counter on Black Friday weekend, starting at 5:00 pm on Thursday, closing at 5:00 am Friday, and re-opening at 8:00 am Friday. What a miserable experience for everyone including the customers. Even with a good, automated NICS system in VA, some customers were waiting 5-6 hours for their approvals to come through, and I would always have a couple dozen who would go home, then change their minds about the purchase while waiting for the approval. And for what? To save $50 on a Ruger LCP or a Heritage Rough Rider? As a customer, my time would be worth more than that.

Didn't BassPro canceled the Women's carry fashion show last year because they are gun hating commie libtards?

May be shop for overpriced, overrated gear somewhere else?

Yes they did and they took their sweet-ass time reimbursing GOAL for the lost expenses. I haven't shopped their since.

Yes they did and they took their sweet-ass time reimbursing GOAL for the lost expenses. I haven't shopped their since.

This is why I’m loving NES. It’s like the spank as as kid when I did something bad. Unbiased reporting.

But if I can get ammo real cheap then it’d be worth the trip. I have nothing better to do Friday morning since I am not able to legally hunt yet.

Cabelas is being BassPro-ified, replacing higher quality Cabelas clothing, etc. with the cheap Redhead brand, I have pretty much given up on them.

Cabelas is being BassPro-ified, replacing higher quality Cabelas clothing, etc. with the cheap Redhead brand, I have pretty much given up on them.
I just bought a RedHead orange hunting parka for deer hunting in Maine. It seems to be very well made and extremely warm/comfortable. Very heavy and doesn't feel cheaply made. Only $90 shipped. I had never heard of RedHead before and gave it a shot as it was the only waterproof orange jacket I could find. It had a BassPro pricetag of $140 on it but was on sale.

So true about LL Bean. I am all for paying for quality when the quality is there, but at Bean I just don't see it. They slap their logo on a lot of junk and just jack up the prices. And now you don't even get their guarantee any ore. Once in a great while I'll find something worth buying at the outlet across the street, but that is about it. I once found a nice polo with my initials already monogramed on it, score!

Their older stuff is good. Got a rain coat years ago and looks like the first day I got it still

I just bought a RedHead orange hunting parka for deer hunting in Maine. It seems to be very well made and extremely warm/comfortable. Very heavy and doesn't feel cheaply made. Only $90 shipped. I had never heard of RedHead before and gave it a shot as it was the only waterproof orange jacket I could find. It had a BassPro pricetag of $140 on it but was on sale.

The Bass Pro RedHead brand always seemed much more cheaply made to me when compared to the Cabela's brand stuff. Quality may be "good enough," but it's still a loss.

The Bass Pro RedHead brand always seemed much more cheaply made to me when compared to the Cabela's brand stuff. Quality may be "good enough," but it's still a loss.
I don't have any Cabelas brand jackets to compare it to. I only have Cabelas boots and gloves which are nice.

Visited a BPS for the first time in years a couple of weeks ago. The Redhead brand stuff looked pretty decent. Much better than the Field & Stream apparel.

Back
Top Bottom