• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CA upholds microstamp law.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-microstamping-law-is-upheld-by-federal-judge

This is more egregious than our roster.

CA has their own rosters--which expire--and on top of that, new models need to not only be approved meeting other bogus regs, but now must have microstamping technology.

Apparently, CA is a huge market but this is going to kill sales since S&W, Ruger, and Glock will only be able to sell old un-updated models, amongst other mfgs.

Last edited:
“Plaintiffs insist they have the right to determine the precise way in which they would exercise their Second Amendment rights,” Mueller said. The insistence upon particular handguns falls “outside the scope of the right to bear arms,” she said.

What a ****ing **** of a bitch.

9th circuit leads all others with regard to SCOTUS overturning their decisions.

True but as the biggest loon on that court said, 'they can't get them all'. Look up judge reinhardt, a carter appointee married to the former ACLU leader for So Cal. He's a complete nut and is as liberal as they get and proudly activist.

If this were to pass it's not like bad guys won't be messing with the firing pin just like they never fiddle with the serial numbers.

Let Mexico have it back.

Wait, CA isn't part of Mexico??

In their bid to get the olympics LA is marketing themselves to the International Olympic committee as the northern capital of latin america.

http://hotair.com/headlines/archive...apital-of-latin-america-for-2024-olympic-bid/

If this were to pass it's not like bad guys won't be messing with the firing pin just like they never fiddle with the serial numbers.

A few passes with a metal file and bingo, no more stamp. Or, anyone with half a brain can just swap in a new firing pin.

They don't need to do anything if there is micro stamping because the testing shows it doesn't work. Even if it did, Revolvers obviously don't leave shells. They can file the firing pin. I've also saw a case where the gang banger had the gun in his hand and in a paper bag so the bag caught any ejected casings. They are not all stupid and they learn.

Last edited:
Yes, this is old news. In case anyone wants to read the district court order, you can find it HERE.

This case is VERY old and originally challenged the California roster. It quickly morphed into a micro stamping challenge when that law went into effect and it became clear that the r\number of guns on the CA roster would shrink to nearly nothing.

The case is just now getting started in the 9th Circuit, no hearing date has been scheduled and briefs by the parties have not yet been filed. In the last two weeks amicus briefs have been submitted by Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence, Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, Los Angeles City Attorney's Office & Everytown for Gun Safety.

I, for the life of me, can not figure out how this is a constitutional law. Microstamping??? that is going to cost a SHIT LOAD more for gun owners, and would make purchase of new guns onerous and expensive.

I, for the life of me, can not figure out how this is a constitutional law. Microstamping??? that is going to cost a SHIT LOAD more for gun owners, and would make purchase of new guns onerous and expensive.
unfortunately the second amendment does not say ".. the right of the People to keep and bear reasonably priced arms shall not be infringed."

I've also saw a case where the gang banger had the gun in his hand and in a paper bag so the bag caught any ejected casings. They are not all stupid and they learn.
maybe he reloads, i hear brass is expensive these days.

Last edited:
On what basis did the AG decide the "technology" was available? Does she think that criminals who already illegally remove serial numbers do not have access to 400 grit sand paper to polish the firing pins?
Or will they just start putting law abiding gun owners in prison for not noticing that the micro-stamp wore off?
There is zero evidence that any microstamping is reliable in any way that would benefit law enforcement. Once again, the law abiding pay the cost.
Didn't Cali also try pushing mandatory breathalyzers in all cars because a small percentage drive drunk?

Obviously the law is effed. But 2 questions 1 what happens if b the firing pin legitimately breaks. Do you have to buy a new gun or what's the deal there. Second does cutting something into your pin affect the integrity of them. I feel like adding structural flaws in something so small would shorten the life span drastically

Back
Top Bottom