• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CA - Federal Lawsuit Challenges CA "Gun Free School Zones"

After San Francisco school officials refused to allow local programmer Kevin Hall to carry a sidearm near Grattan School in Cole Valley, he sued in federal court Thursday demanding respect for what he calls his Second Amendment rights.

"I want to open carry in San Francisco, but there are schools all over the place," said Hall, in reference to California's Gun Free School Zone Act of 1995. "The law says you can't carry within 1,000 feet. There's one 925 feet from my front door. So I can't walk out my front door with a gun."

>snip<

Under the Gun Free School Zone Act, Hall was required to request a special permit from the school district in order to carry a firearm near Grattan Elementary.

"They denied me," he said. "I feel like my fundamental rights according to the U.S. Supreme Court have been denied. I have no choice at this point other than to file for redress and get the court to overturn School District has done."

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2010/08/gun_open_carry_school.php

Yea, I think he's going to get this overturned. Saying you can't posses a firearms in a school zone, and his house is in one... And they denied him the "special permit" required? yea, that doesn't fly.

Can you say gun ban?

Back
Top Bottom